It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we stop an alien invasion? wtf?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I was just watching The Discovery Channel when I saw a commercial for an upcoming show entitled "Curiosities: Can we stop an alien invasion?" Sunday August 14th at 8:00pm. Definitely going to DVR this show. Is it just me or are there a ton of alien shows and documentaries coming out lately? DiscloSure imminent? Seems that way to me. What's everyones take on this?
edit on 11-8-2011 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

I doubt any aliens would want to invade this tiny little planet that is highly polluted, and full of crazy inhabitants, that are too busy attacking each other,

Unless they want us for there alien freak show

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I don't have live tv, only netflix, but I wish disclosure would happen already. I guess I had not given a whole lot of thought to an invasion though. I suspect the govt would only disclose after the aliens came to invade. LOL

I grew up with the thought that we would be very arrogant to think that we are the only intelligent life out there and that there probably was some other form of life somewhere. But what I don't understand is that a lot of the stuff I read about aliens seems to have such a negative connotation to it. Now admittedly I don't know much about aliens, just what I have read here and there, but why couldn't they be benevolent? I hope they are anyway.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MX48K

ET may wish to invade Earth for its natural resources but they'd have to beat Haliburton (and ilk) to it.
If they intend to come, they'd better move soon or there won't be much left to plunder.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

No we couldn't stop any kind of alien invasion unless maybe if it was microbial. If they can travel here then they will most likely stomp a mud hole in us.

All an alien race would have to do is confuse us is by using the religions and gods of the world against us. They could go to different regions of the worlds and masquerade as their god or gods. After most fall to their knees in awe then it's pretty much too late.

link   
disclosure imminent? I dont think so, the world is not ready for this, there would be chaos.
the only way I see it happening is if the world powers are given no say in the matter...suddenly ships appear overhead, or they become aware of an approaching force and have no hope of covering it up so have to go public.

if an alien force did attack, I doubt we would stand a snowballs chance in hell of fighting it off, we would be so outclassed it wouldnt even be a fight

link   
If we don't stop the alien invasion then the universe will judge humanity as weak and we will lose our self determination through assimilation or get exterminated as the Earth's next life cycle is reset. If we can fight it off then we will get a chance to enter the space age.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Any civilization with the technology to get here would far surpass the technology that any country currently posses so unless they were dumb enough not to immunize themselves against earth's microbial bacteria i don't see us standing much of a chance. It would be like a battle between the roman legion versus the u.s. military

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Entertainment immanent : ) There are lots of vampire shows on, too. That doesn't mean vampires are going to reveal themselves!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I think it more to do with the interest in shows like this..

second line

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
I was just watching The Discovery Channel when I saw a commercial for an upcoming show entitled "Curiosities: Can we stop an alien invasion?" Sunday August 14th at 8:00pm. Definitely going to DVR this show. Is it just me or are there a ton of alien shows and documentaries coming out lately? DiscloSure imminent? Seems that way to me. What's everyones take on this?

Lol I was just watching discovery a bit ago too and saw that commercial. Indeed it is odd about all the alien shows and movies. And that one coming out Apollo 18.

Deebo

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
More propaganda for the false flag alien event.

Don't fall for it when it happens.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MX48K

I doubt any aliens would want to invade this tiny little planet that is highly polluted, and full of crazy inhabitants, that are too busy attacking each other,

Unless they want us for there alien freak show

>implying that they couldn't efficiently and easily reduce the pollution to zero in a matter of days.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Assuming they are here, or watching from afar with ability to get here at any time they wanted.

They will invade somewhat before we get the ability to make a manned flight to the next solar system, unless we learn to live responsibly.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Good question OP , I have watched Mars Attacks once or twice
.... and we seemed defenceless against those cute fiesty martians, for awhile there at least.
Personally I think they would invade for a good reason.....Food.
We may just look so delicious to them.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

there seem to be a TON

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
There has been ALOT of media attention and movies and documentaries made in the past two years dealing with extraterrestrials and UFOs. The main stream news lately has been alot more open to the subject as well and not as condescending. I do feel that something is possibly up and they are slowly acclimatizing us to deal with this in a sane matter if/when the time comes.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Is it just me or are there a ton of alien shows and documentaries coming out lately? DiscloSure imminent? Seems that way to me. What's everyones take on this?

Maybe they are making them just because more people got interested in the topic..nothing else..

If people started to like/investigate something else documentary/movie makers would find out about it and would start making shows about that..

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Agreed, there have been -LOTS- of alien shows on tv. Mostly on the Discovery Channel and, oddly enough, the HISTORY channel.

I don't think it means disclosure (if there is anything to disclose).

If there is something to disclose, I want them to do it. It wouldn't even necessarily mean chaos. People assume it would mean absolute chaos, rioting, war, etc, possibly because of how many people in the world are so strongly attached to their religious beliefs. It would supposedly turn their world upside down. I'm not religious, but I don't think it would be that bad for them. Even the Vatican has been saying that the idea of the existence of life elsewhere in the universe is not so far fetched, and doesn't fall out of the boundaries of the bible, and that God very well created them as well. Many other religions have always assumed that aliens are just a part of life, and have always existed among us.

I just wonder who would riot. Crazies rioting to get the government to contact 'them' and arrange for some people to leave our world with them? I dunno..
I feel like disclosure would strengthen the world as a whole, not destroy it....again, if there is something to disclose.

Cheers.

edit on 11-8-2011 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Can we send the politicians, judges, and lawyers up to the front line first to see what kind of weapons the aliens might have. And make sure not to give them any ammo, just tell them we had to cut back to pay off the debt they got us into.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join