It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Privacy Groups Protest Massive DHS Database of Secret Watchlists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Homeland Security has a plan to expand its Watchlist Service by duplicating the FBI's existing system of watchlist records and then feed that info into a massive database in which more government people would have immediate access. According to the FBI, the consolidated Terrorist Watchlist is "one of the most effective counterterrorism tools for the U.S. government." But according to the ACLU, FBI spying on free speech is nearly at Cold War levels and that the FBI lied to the Justice Department about continuing improper surveillance of peace groups. So it's not some kind of conspiracy theory, it's a fact that innocent people end up on terrorist watchlists.

I have a hard time even feeling angry anymore when I read stuff like this. I just feel incredibly sad. This is probably only the tip of the iceberg and there is even more under the surface that hasn't come to light yet.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
knowledge is power so knowing what the enemy is doing gives you power, plus if you know what you are doing you can seriously take the proverbial and cause them a load of agro by simply posting crap such as we're gonna do x at y place and watch as 10 black cars and men in suits spend the next 2-3 hours recording some poor guys barbeque thinking its a terrorist meeting and when they cant tell the good intel from the bad you know you're onto a winner

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

As a Christian, I shouldn't like this answer or your way of thinking, but as a realist, I can't help it...
Good reply...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The more people who can get themselves on the list the better.
With Millions on it....
It will eventually be no more use than a phonebook.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Guess who is on the list NOW.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

DHS Proposes Secret Watchlist Database, Privacy Groups Protest

Privacy is a major concern in today's day and age, whether regulators are calling Facebook out on its invasive features like facial recognition or consumers are worrying about new camera technology like license plate recognition and red light camera.
Source

Hi all...This subject totally has my attention as well as many other subjects.
There are so many things going backwards or in the wrong direction at once.
Glad you folks are here, keep up the fight

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

knowledge is power so knowing what the enemy is doing gives you power, plus if you know what you are doing you can seriously take the proverbial and cause them a load of agro by simply posting crap such as we're gonna do x at y place and watch as 10 black cars and men in suits spend the next 2-3 hours recording some poor guys barbeque thinking its a terrorist meeting and when they cant tell the good intel from the bad you know you're onto a winner

I caught you!

You have been reading "A Nun in the Closet" by Dorothy Gilman

If you have not read it, the portrait of the FBI agent is a blast.

edit on 11-8-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The Illuminati eye in the capstone logo was used for the giant database called TIA

www.infowars.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
this is just beyond offensive.
the dereliction of duty falls squarely on the public at large.
here's another source which spells out some the intrusive intent of this ridiculous proposal.

Homeland Security plans to operate a massive new database of names, photos, birthdays and biometrics called Watchlist Service ... DHS wants to exempt the Watchlist Service from Privacy Act provisions, meaning you will never know if you are wrongfully listed.

DHS Watchlist Service will combine four different DHS systems of records including the TSA-managed Transportation Security Threat Assessment System and TSA's Secure Flight Records, Treasury Enforcement Communication System (TECS) managed by Custom and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Office, and IDENT which is managed by the US-VISIT Program.

In case you were unaware, according to the July 13th testimony before the Senate Committee on Homeland Security, the US-VISIT's IDENT is "fully interoperable" with the FBI's "10-fingerprint-based" identity system to run against the watchlist and the "FBI's entire criminal master file of over 69 million identities in near real time."

so, i suppose the newest generation won't be without their own 'letter' !!!!
~~ generation " T " for terrorist
and don't forget, you have NO recourse ...

- from above - meaning you will never know if you are wrongfully listed.

ahhh yes, let's not forget these caveats of the proposal ...

DHS has admitted that it "does not control the accuracy of the information in system of records" and that "individuals do not have an opportunity to decline to provide information."

Congress also emphasized that "the right to privacy is a personal and fundamental right protected by the Constitution of the United States."
~~ true, but that only applies when it is enforced.

"At this rate, there will be about 550,000,000 people on the watch list by 2019, which exceeds the population of the United States and then some. By 2023, the watch list will actually exceed the population of the entire earth - at which point one can speculate that the government of the U.S. will restrict all air travel."

sad just isn't a big enough word to describe what i feel about all of this.
question now is, what are we going to DO about it ??

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
My first post - NEW DHS Watch List?

Hello everyone, over the weekend I ran into a post in Google group that appeared to be a DHS advertisement asking people to report suspicious people. I guess that isn't a problem but if you watch the video it appears as if they are linking Alex Jones and 9-11 truth to all of the recent TSA shooting and the shootings in the Arizona Walmart.

Here is a link to the Google plus page Citizens Watch List have a look at that post and let me know what you think.

new topics

top topics

join