It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i recon the government caused these riots by cutting peoples benefits! heres my story...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
NOTICE.
I DO NOT CONDONE THE RIOTS IN ANY WAY!

im not looking for any pity here but here is my story about why i think the government caused these riots.

i have a medical condition which causes me to suffer blackouts and fits and have been unable to work for the last 4 years because of this.
i have been getting £190 every 2 weeks which is pathetic compared to the £250 a week i was getting before i started blacking out at work and putting my own life in SERIOUS danger.
in feb this year i was asked to attend a medical to see if i was fit for work and when i got the results and read them the medical doctor had basically written the results as if i was a different person??
no blackouts or nothing in the last 3 months when id had at least 4 that was talked about on the day?
anyways i was declared fit for work and tried my hardest to get a job for 4 weeks but couldnt because of my condition?
the job centre basically told me i should see my doctor and get it sorted with them?
my doctor said to appeal and they are now paying me just £40 a week incapacity benefit at a reduced rate unlit my appeal is heard which is in september!
then i got a letter saying they were taking £11 a week from my benefits for some reason and i will be getting just £29.50 a week!
so from feb-sept i am supposed to try and live on £29.50 a week which is ridiculous! ive been forced to sell most my belongings just to get electric and food already but all uk cares about is giving to other countries!
theres thousands of people in uk in the same boat as me right now but feeding the hungry in africa or somwhere else seems more important?
i have read about medical doctors forced to sign as many people off incapacity benefits as possible by the government to keep the numbers down so it looks better for our country .
a riot has been on the cards for a while in my opinion!
so before anyone calls me a scrounger or anything i would happily take ANY offer of a job as long as the boss could deal with my blackouts ...or let me wear a bike helmet or something lol.

THE UK IS FALLING APART!
AND THE GOVERNMENT HAS CAUSED THIS!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by welshbeliever

Wish I could remember where I heard it, but i heard years ago that there was a plan to make most of the common people in britain dependant on benifits and once they was they would cut them and cause trouble to create chaos so they could gain more control over us. Il Try and find where I read it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
hi op
ive experienced what your going through and i have seen 1st hand and been told
if you are an immigrant you will get maximum benefits and 1st in the prosessing of welfare
i know it sounds horrible to say this
but if ur black u get everything here

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Hasn't this always been the way with liberal governments? (For those in the USA, "liberal" in Britain the the equivalent of your tea partiers). Reduce the State in all aspects of the lifeworld, let the goodies trinkle down..(not) and only the strong survive. You sound like you are living in abject poverty! No wonder Marx said 120 years ago that Capitalism will ultimately eat itself. In the mean time you gotta put bread on your table. I would riot as well and stick it right up them...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Very few, if any, of the vermin involved in this will have been affected by the cuts and changes in incapacity/ESA benefits. This is not about wealth, or status, this is about people doing what they can. Britain is a nation of bullies and thugs.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I don't think people have seen anything yet. The big riot will be summer 2012. In March/April 2012 the governments have said people need to work more hours as a couple to get working tax credits etc. thats all well and good, but when their is only temporary part time jobs (by part-time I mean less than 16hours, usually about 12 in my area) then people who genuinely want work wont be able to get it and their money will be cut. They wont realise how much it will affect them until about 3-4months after the cuts, then the will realise they have nothing...couple that with a possible hot summer and hey presto,..the real anarchy in the UK starts,

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear that, OP. I hope your health improves.

I wonder, even if you can't work, is there anything you can do on the side to bring in some kind of money? I mean at home, say, where you don't have to be exposing yourself to danger? I know times are tough and jobs aren't exactly leaping out of the ground, but you might possibly be able to bring in some extra cash to supplement your benefits. For example, a lot of hospitals outsource medical transcription, say. It's boring, its not fun, and it doesn'T pay well, but you can basically do it at your own pace so if you black out and then come to again, its not a big deal, And you don't have to do it full time. That's just one idea and for all I know there are 50 people waiting in line for a job like that, but my point is they do exist. There are other similar things that pay well, depending on skill...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Ha riots happened because benefits were cut!!!!!!!! You have no idea how hard im laughing right now!

If and only if that was the cause the lazy c**ts need to get a job and don't tell me there aren't any because im pretty sure McDonalds is hiring ect...

OP just read about your health mate and was not a dig at you you are in the minority mate the it just angered me because of the amount of people calming benefits or going to the doctors saying there depressed that i personally know all because they are to lazy to work for there cash
edit on 22-8-2011 by battl3star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by aaronez

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of the OP I would just like to point out that The Conservative Party are most definately NOT Liberal and neither are their policies.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm sorry about your health condition that is limiting what you can do for work. On the other hand, you're literate. You have a computer and an Internet connection. The real question here is why you have allowed your life to become 100% dependent on the government and why you are whining for more.

There is no question that your condition affects what you can do. No one would want you driving a delivery van, but you can sit there and type at the keyboard and surf the Internet all day. That means you can "work" after a fashion. Instead, you want your fellow citizens to carry you for the rest of your life. The fact is, the governments of the world are over-burdened with carrying people like you in the manner to which they have grown accustomed. In Greece, for example, if a woman does not marry, she can draw the pension of her mother even after her mother passes away. This is the problem with all these governments, from Greece to the UK to the US. When everyone gets on the dole, there's no one to work and be productive.

So they riot? And who do they attack? The people who work for a living, the small shopkeepers with storefronts.

It's insane. You allow yourselves to become slaves and wonder where your freedom went. Welfare is slavery. get a job.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hi OP been in the same boat as you...

I must say something dont add up..

Whilst on your appeal you are entitled to the same money you would be recieving on JSA which is equivelent to £130 a fortnite..or £65 a week.. not sure how you arrived at £29.50?

Besides when your tribunal date comes around which will most likely be in around a year.. you only have to bring a letter from your dr saying you are unfit for work...once the judge sees it they will give you ESA and depending on your condition they will put you either into the work group or non work group. Both add about another £30 per week to the £130 pw you would be getting, plus you will get all your money back dated once your appeal is succsseful.

Dont give up, i went through a lot of stress but just recently won my appeal and got over £1000 back dated.

Check with your citizens advice buerea about the amount you are getting as i know by law you are entitled to a minimum of £130 per fortnite.

Good luck and stay positive

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
I'm sorry about your health condition that is limiting what you can do for work. On the other hand, you're literate. You have a computer and an Internet connection. The real question here is why you have allowed your life to become 100% dependent on the government and why you are whining for more.

There is no question that your condition affects what you can do. No one would want you driving a delivery van, but you can sit there and type at the keyboard and surf the Internet all day. That means you can "work" after a fashion. Instead, you want your fellow citizens to carry you for the rest of your life. The fact is, the governments of the world are over-burdened with carrying people like you in the manner to which they have grown accustomed. In Greece, for example, if a woman does not marry, she can draw the pension of her mother even after her mother passes away. This is the problem with all these governments, from Greece to the UK to the US. When everyone gets on the dole, there's no one to work and be productive.

So they riot? And who do they attack? The people who work for a living, the small shopkeepers with storefronts.

It's insane. You allow yourselves to become slaves and wonder where your freedom went. Welfare is slavery. get a job.

Forget getting a job! it would be nice to have an option. Why work for the same people who steal a quarter of your wages and spend it mainly on weapons and war to kill people. I wont support it, sorry. Rather the choice to live peacefully outside of the society they have built to keep me caged would be nice to have. While the keep me prisoned i will take what i need to survive at any expense.

I am not joining the rat race, i hate working and always have. Its full of selfish and greed motivated individual who will back stab you to clime the career ladder. Not for me no, sorry!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

While the keep me prisoned i will take what i need to survive at any expense.

And who do you take off?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Not only are they laying into the welfare system, stopping peoples benefits, without providing the neccessary jobs needed for those people to try and lead a productive life again. They are also filling the prisons to overflowing with increased jail sentences for lesser and lesser crimes, while the "real" criminals like rapists n paedo's get smaller sentences.
Just take a look at the sentences they have been dishing out after the riots..... 4 years just for supporting the riots on social media networks. While magistrate courts have given out imprisonment to 70% of defendent associated with riots instead of a normal average of 2% imprisonment.

Both of these things are just gonna increase the number of people in Britain that cannot see a decent future for themselves, whether cause of health reasons or criminal records.
So these people with no hope most definetly are going to be alot more likely to protest or even riot in the future.
As both of these symptons were directly caused by government programs, who surely must of known the results of thier actions. Then it is fair to assume that the final result these elite want is to cause such social unrest. No doubt with the aim of introducing more and more draconian freedom destroying laws, as is usually the case in these situations.
Are we about to be reintroduced to serfdom?
Im sure the elite fancies the idea of feudalism coming back with themselves no doubt as the lords and masters.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think that your last line summed it up The UK is falling apart. The government doesn't have enough money to pay its debts.

So they get their civil servants to go out and class everyone as fit to work.

The US is close behind. There is not enough money to support any type of social welfare. I almost laugh when I see the news reports of another protest at the state capitol demanding more money for this or that. (Not that many of those causes are worthy) It's just that the state doesn't have the money.

The politicians have been hoping that there will be an economic rebound but it hasn't happened. So every year, services are being cut. Personally, I think that many social programs will suffer massive cuts in the coming years much like you personally have received. Now imagine it on a bigger lever...Everyone on any kind of social service gets a 75% cut . It's going to be much tougher in the future that it is today.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

And who do you take off?

The only provider...

Give me a means to provide for myself independently of the system and watch me go...!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Give you a means to provide for yourself independently.......??????

Why not provide it yourself instead of sitting on your lazy, selfish arse and expecting someone else do something for you?

I don't have much love or respect for the society we live in but I don't sit around hypocritically expecting it to provide for me.
Do something for yourself.

Why should a society that you have contributed absolutely nothing to give you anything?

The world owes no-one a living.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki

Originally posted by Freeborn

And who do you take off?

The only provider...

Give me a means to provide for myself independently of the system and watch me go...!

That's called an oxymoron.
If you are given something you are not providing for yourself independently.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

NWO Tactics 101

Get people dependant on the state and others instead of themselves, its all for.... Control. While people are dependent on them they can choose whether you live confortably or not, they can Control you !

A person who only has to rely on themself for anything cannot be controlled.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by spamfish

Good post i think you've summed it up great.

As far as i can tell, we are already living in a Feudalistic state, Isnt everyone techically a 'tenant' in their own household, especially those with mortgages, if you dont pay up you get evicted, because you are just renting it from the bank, i.e from another owner.

Not even the home owners 'own' there property, were all renters.

If i owned one i would check the deed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join