It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One dictator demanding another to step down.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
So, apparently the White House is ramping up pressure for the Syrian president to step down. Really? Due to violence against the people for all reasons?

I have seen in the last three months, 9 year old girls, handicapped veterans and mentally retarded people, tased and beaten by the new order of the US police force. Violence that is off the charts for a country who shows there power structure with a graph with the constitution at the top of the pyramid.

Obama is rogue, the government is rogue. Any call for any foreign leader to step down due to "legitimacy" is irrelevant because the majority of the people of our country no longer feel the same way and when that happens, a rogue government it then becomes.

In that sense, there are many other countries that could call on our president and say he has lost his legitimacy because the vast majority of the people of the country he governs are against his will and policies. Where is our foreign aid from the UN?

We are the problem now, we are no longer Rome showing the rest of the world the light...... We are the evil brother who has convinced his younger siblings this is the behavior that is acceptable and people all around the world are saying no.......... Should we also? Ill leave that up for discussion.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Obama is the duly elected president of the united states by its people and its electorate. he is not a dictator. i think you need to invest in a dictionary. please also look up the words partisan, and troll.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
reply to post by Helious

Obama is the duly elected president of the united states by its people and its electorate. he is not a dictator. i think you need to invest in a dictionary. please also look up the words partisan, and troll.

I think I should let you borrow mine and show you the page that defines tyranny.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

If you ignore the mass voter fraud, the immoral manipulation and the overall illegitimacy, yeah I guess you're right.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Come on then,

Lets see an 'American Spring'

1 million peacefully sitting in and blocking off walls st and the financial districts.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I wonder if ATS will hide this thread like the last one...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I can smell another war coming.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Actually, the police are rogue. They are this way because the communities they "serve and protect" continue to grant them unlimited power, making them judge, juries, and executioners on the streets, all in the name of "tough on crime"

You don't like what the police are doing? organize your community to strip them of the absolute power you schmucks have invested in them. don't stick your toes up your nose and blather about some rapidly-aging guy on the other side of the continent.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackStar99

There is no need to hide this thread, it is not a call to arms. It is aimed at the absurdity of a POTUS of a nation in a tailspin because of it's absurd politics, funding and lobbying rules that has become "run amok" and is no longer a structure that is desired by the people.

You can not have a president of a country filled with people who no longer want the government telling another government there leader has no legitimacy. It's well, stupid.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Helious

Actually, the police are rogue. They are this way because the communities they "serve and protect" continue to grant them unlimited power, making them judge, juries, and executioners on the streets, all in the name of "tough on crime"

You don't like what the police are doing? organize your community to strip them of the absolute power you schmucks have invested in them. don't stick your toes up your nose and blather about some rapidly-aging guy on the other side of the continent.

The police have become militarized in the last 15 years. This is by design and it will only get worse. Even though they don't piss on the Constitution publicly, they do in privately every day. Your standard police training program that you are not aware of in any city of any state will prove this. It's an end around to actually moving the army in. They will already have military trained drones everywhere in the country without ever having to actually declare marshal law, they will just call them emergency ordinances.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

There is no need to hide this thread, it is not a call to arms. It is aimed at the absurdity of a POTUS of a nation in a tailspin because of it's absurd politics, funding and lobbying rules that has become "run amok" and is no longer a structure that is desired by the people.

You can not have a president of a country filled with people who no longer want the government telling another government there leader has no legitimacy. It's well, stupid.

I'm not attacking you, ATS literally hid this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... from new topics and firehose. Unless of course it's just a confined incident?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

I agree in part, but how about the folks just go to their own towns city square.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

yes please

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I'm not attacking you, ATS literally hid this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... from new topics and firehose. Unless of course it's just a confined incident?

I wouldn't doubt it, ATS does this in my opinion as it pertains to many threads, that being said, since it is there message board, they can do what they please I guess.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

You really don't know how this works, do you?

Your statements are, fir the most part factually correct. The conclusion you draw from them is just damned ridiculous, though. The federal government does not control the police.

Fact is, in many communities, nobody controls the police... And the sad thing, it's the community itself that created the problem.

Think of all the local elections and votes and city council meetings and whatnot. How many times have you voted for pro-police measures? Increased funding? "Tough" judges? Authoritarian commissioners? Ever supported a proposal that would strengthen the prison industry in your locale?

If you've participated in local voting, I'm pretty sure you have - most people do. After all, we're trained from birth that the police are the "good guys" and we need to give them all the help we can to make sure they get the "bad guys," right? I know I was brought up with that outlook.

So community after community, pressed by fear of "thugs" and "criminality" (unsurprisingly, through ad campaignss paid for by one police group or another) basically gives their police forces a blank check to buy military-grade hardware, circumvent law, and turn blind eyes to the crime sprees of the police.

Barack Obama has jack # to do with it. George Bush had jack # to do with it. It's a local problem for each community infested with such "police" and the community needs to do something about it - with support from other afflicted communities if need be.

Frankly if I'm going to have highly-armed gangbangers in blue running around my neighborhood, I'd rather it be the Crips - at least their barbeques are free.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
only on ats would someone complain about a person's right to denounce violence against civilians.. whether it's the president or not..

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Helious

You really don't know how this works, do you?

Your statements are, fir the most part factually correct. The conclusion you draw from them is just damned ridiculous, though. The federal government does not control the police.

Fact is, in many communities, nobody controls the police... And the sad thing, it's the community itself that created the problem.

Think of all the local elections and votes and city council meetings and whatnot. How many times have you voted for pro-police measures? Increased funding? "Tough" judges? Authoritarian commissioners? Ever supported a proposal that would strengthen the prison industry in your locale?

If you've participated in local voting, I'm pretty sure you have - most people do. After all, we're trained from birth that the police are the "good guys" and we need to give them all the help we can to make sure they get the "bad guys," right? I know I was brought up with that outlook.

So community after community, pressed by fear of "thugs" and "criminality" (unsurprisingly, through ad campaignss paid for by one police group or another) basically gives their police forces a blank check to buy military-grade hardware, circumvent law, and turn blind eyes to the crime sprees of the police.

Barack Obama has jack # to do with it. George Bush had jack # to do with it. It's a local problem for each community infested with such "police" and the community needs to do something about it - with support from other afflicted communities if need be.

Frankly if I'm going to have highly-armed gangbangers in blue running around my neighborhood, I'd rather it be the Crips - at least their barbeques are free.

You make good points and I can tell your an intelligent person, so please do not let my response be interpreted as disrespect or one of a condescending nature.

The simple fact is, you don't have communities.... You have states, communities derive the vast majority of there funds not from the local community but from the county. The county receives there "grants" from the state and per compliance the states get there money from the federal government, that money coming from enforcing federal laws and policies.

Sure, any state, county, municipality can choose not to enforce said law or policy, the problem comes in at this time because not many departments can fund themselves, instead, they rely on federal money handed out to "good states" because they do this or that, local taxes are a joke, they money comes in through federal grants and incentives for states to do what there told, that translates to the county and local level.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Obama is the duly elected president of the united states by its people and its electorate.

huh since when? that statement is very false, presidents are elected by the elites, CFR not the people as if
the votes and the elections are all for show.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

You make good points and I can tell your an intelligent person, so please do not let my response be interpreted as disrespect or one of a condescending nature.

I'll try to return the same consideration.

The simple fact is, you don't have communities.... You have states, communities derive the vast majority of there funds not from the local community but from the county. The county receives there "grants" from the state and per compliance the states get there money from the federal government, that money coming from enforcing federal laws and policies.

Sure, any state, county, municipality can choose not to enforce said law or policy, the problem comes in at this time because not many departments can fund themselves, instead, they rely on federal money handed out to "good states" because they do this or that, local taxes are a joke, they money comes in through federal grants and incentives for states to do what there told, that translates to the county and local level.

Actually states get their money from state taxes. Some states do actually make a net gain on federal dollars (ironically, most of them are the ones most prone to voting Republican, go figure) but that money goes towards federal services within the states; i.e., your nearest branch of the FBI gets that dough, not your local cop shop.

Now, thing is... the federal government has no say in how much authority is vested in police officers. even the states don't have that authority - though both are able to become involved when police violate state or federal laws (there's a reason the locals don't get along with the feds, in all those cop dramas). Rather, it is the community - and I use community because "town, city, county, or parish" gets long and redundant - that has authority over police powers.

They have nothing that was not vested to them by ypu and the other voters. jeeze, what, do you think someone comes form Washington and is like "Okay boys, here's your free hardware, fresh from the Pentagon?" God no. The police take YOUR tax dollars, and they go to the arms manufacturers themselves. And it's not just the funding you give directly to the police; it's the money you pay into court fees, it's the money you funnel towards prisons, it's the charitable donations you make to cop widos... All this goes back into the precinct's coffers, along with all that property they confiscate, all the drugs they sell, and whatever else.

it's YOUR responsibility to address the problem. Sitting there with your thumb up your but whining about hte president on the internet isn't going to clear the stink out of the precinct, is it?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

The biggest resource any state has is federal grants. It is the single reason that many states are not bankrupt currently. State tax is a minute resource and is not capable by itself in sustaining government locally, this is mostly because government even on the smallest level does not know how to balance a budget, they need to rob peter to pay paul in a never ending cycle.

Texas for all its bluster and talk about succeeding the union would no longer be a state without federal grants for state compliance options. This happens all over the US on a yearly basis and arguably is designed to the be that way.

Any state should be able to look after itself financially and the truth is, they just cant. The way things set on the books, they are forced to survive through federally funded programs and incentives, that makes them as independent as an unemployed worker getting government checks.

You would like them to act Constitutional responsible but much like your average American, they will do what they have to do to survive, up too and including selling out to receive the money and resources they need to survive.

edit on 10-8-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join