It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza communications cut off

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Really? A bulldozer just so happens to go out and run over the one place that knocks out the communications for Gaza in its entirety?

No, not buying that crapola. And it is obvious crapola. Quit trying to be smart.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by Raivan31

Gaza is a coincidence. Fiber feed cut. Stuff happens. Happens where you live too and where I live. Like I said when the carrier cries foul ill change my stance.

The source is one sentence that mentions nothing about it being an accident. What do you base your information on?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
Interesting wonder if this has anything to do with obama cancelling his plans for today. There is so much crap going on right now. A major event would not shock me at all right now.

Too big of a coincidence to be ignored, in my opinion.

The question is, is this just another ploy or is this really the start of something huge? And from prior instances of similar tactics, I'd say it's just another show of power in the never ending conflict.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There are also reports on twitter that water and power is out as well.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotsPride
There are also reports on twitter that water and power is out as well.

If that's true, could this possibly be a prelude to invasion or at least a conflict? Cutting water, power, internet and near complete media blackout...sounds like it.
edit on 9-8-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: typo

edit on 9-8-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

That is exactly what I was thinking. I hope not!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It does sound very fishy.

I hope its not another Israeli attack. Has anyone seen this posted anywhere else other than twitter? I have been watching the news all day and have not seen anything on Fox,CNN or MSNBC, so maybe there is a media black out as well?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I just looked on the Jerusalem Post,and there was not a
single word about it...Very strange indeed...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Here is the same article posted earlier, though with a little bit more information than a single line. It is in Arabic, but google translate does good enough to get the idea. Mentions nothing about power or water, but does say bulldozers did it. It also doesn't mention anything about an accident. Israeli bulldozers cause sever communications network for the Gaza Strip

He said our correspondent, "that after breakfast ears cut off means of communication of international and local - phone, Internet and cell phone - from the Gaza Strip, which in turn isolate Gaza from the world."

edit on 9-8-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: news quote

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Ma’an reports line was cut by Israeli bulldozer at Nahal Oz. t.co... Others report bulldozers near Beit Hanoun. #GazaBlackout

1 hour ago
edit on 9-8-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Here is a search engine that I like to use,you can watch 3 different
subjects of your choosing at one time..

www.heapr.com...=twitter&q=[gaza,israel,london]&p=[[1],[1],[1]]

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

But there are people tweeting from inside gaza: twitter link

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a88fa5950997.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 8/9/2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
that link did not work properly,try this...If it doesnt work right this time
I do not know how to fix it.

www.heapr.com...=twitter&q=[TSUNAMI,twitter,heapr]&p=[[1],[1],[1

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon

Not to mention that she is doing it from a Blackberry. As far as I know signals bounce off towers. So I am not sure how cellular activity can be affected. I was just posting what the article said.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon

Not to mention that she is doing it from a Blackberry. As far as I know signals bounce off towers. So I am not sure how cellular activity can be affected. I was just posting what the article said.

I was questioning the article too - I don't understand why that article and people on twitter are saying there's no internet/phone if people are able to post to Twitter. Maybe it's just a part of Gaza, in which case, the bulldozer story seems to be somewhat plausible.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Internet comes from hard lines in terms of computers and such. Usually in terms of cell phones its a text program, which is basically sending a text to post to twitter. That would be done via cell lines, and inthe case you posted that was what happened. If this is a hard line sever, then the ground based internet services would not be available. Same for whatever part of the phone lines were affected.
edit on 9-8-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: typo clarify

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
sentinels have cut the hard line? where's neo when ya need him?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
It does sound very fishy.

I hope its not another Israeli attack. Has anyone seen this posted anywhere else other than twitter? I have been watching the news all day and have not seen anything on Fox,CNN or MSNBC, so maybe there is a media black out as well?

Yeah, I already posted this but I think it got lost.

News link

It's translated in the post in case your browser can't do it.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Thanks for explaining. But if you use text with cell phone to post to twitter....then somehow there is still some connection to the internet inside Gaza, meaning, it's only a partial sever. This tells me that it's not organized, but more likely a huge accident.

However, have the rumors of no electricity been confirmed? If so, then maybe the internet outage isn't a sever, but rather just the result of a power outage with a major ISP?

edit on 8/9/2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Look I work in the communications industry. Lines get.cut due to construction all the time. Even with.locates done. It is.not.uncommon for a major fiber feed to be cut from time to time. We have had instances here where millions were cut off from service. And yes fiber and copper feeds cell.service at some point too. My question is why cut a major feed with an excavator when all one has to do is shut off.the power to the main communications frame in the central office?? It makes no sense. Its just an accidental cut. Many people are saying in the feed that a bulldozer did indeed cut a main feed. This is somethin that happens quite often here. We have higher industry standards also. So why would it be a conspiracy that it happens over there?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join