It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Troops do NOT Protect Our Freedom and We Should Stop Thanking Them for Doing So

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
At least I'm not murdering peope, on the command of my corrupt 'out-of-touch' politicians.

Murder is Murder. You will burn in hell, be prepared.

You don't murder in combat, you kill. There's a difference.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

and nothing changed.

The Public is not responsible for this madness, the corrupt leaders who lie to us are.

There ya go, you can stop your assault on the military now

When I think of the innocent civilians you and the other cannon fodder out there commonly label as 'insurgents' and murder

I dont really call people running around with guns and shooting little girls because they went to school innocent, Or how about that boy that was hung the other day because he didnt want to join the terror cell.
edit on 9-8-2011 by cavscout11cav because: added

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
you guys please listen to this....I'm actually begging you....please......for real......

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

sorry but i have to laugh at your fear of invasion.

you actually believe all of the world is jealous and wants to relocate there.

lol

what most yall forget is that the true americans are the natives. so when you speak as a nation please speak as a nation of immigrants.

because the only sane reason one can find to desire living in the us, is maybe because its the only place where your army never did a peace campaign

in this case by peace i mean blood and destruction

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

reply to post by semperkill

At least I'm not murdering peope, on the command of my corrupt 'out-of-touch' politicians.

Murder is Murder. You will burn in hell, be prepared.

NO, just... no. You don't get a pass here. YOU hire those "corrupt out of touch" politicians. Therefore, you do your "murders" by proxy, then whine about it as if your hands are clean. They are not.

Yes, murder is murder. However, not every killing is a "murder" you should learn the difference before you attempt to speak on the subject.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

1.'There is a huge difference between a KILLER and A MURDERER.
2. Hell was the house that we went to in Habaniyah and ound dead bodies hung up upside down with LONG LIVE SADDAM etched into their skin with cigarrete butts.
3.Hell was the tents of the Bedouin camps in the northern iraq that had dead babies in the carpets because the families did not have medicine to take care of simple fevers and the ground was too frozen too bury them.
4. Hell wa 25 little kids whose fathers were killed by saddam sympathisers and left in the street to die
I Love you man you really dont know what is going on in the real world.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Although I do understand where you are coming from, I think your wording is very very inappropriate!!! These Men and Women are putting their lives on the line for very little compensation.

I think that your heart maybe in the right place, but to say we should stop thanking our love one for trying to make a difference is misguided and boarder line ungrateful.

Its our Government we shouldn't be thanking for putting are boys and girls in harms way when there is no justifiable reason to do so!!! I say this as I'm writing with TEARS in my eyes, I have never served the Arm forces but, if I had, Your post would have broken my heart!

edit on 8/9/2011 by XcLuciFer because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by semperkill
reply to post by minesweeper

The thing is I dfinatly know more about what is going on in this country than you do. Beleiev me I do. I make the choice based on the real knowlegde that I have. I may not personnaly protect your freedom...But at some point in our history some poor smcuck in uniform put his life down so that you would have that freedom. I just carry on their legacy I stand on their shoulder. Im not being holier than though. Im just a grunt and treuth be told my opinion doesnt really matter> i just have different beliefs than you do. Isnt that freedom. The ability to flex them. I may not directly provide freedom. I can say I have defended freedom arounfd the world. I can say that through my military service I have made this world a better place. Have you?

Ok so I guess being delusional, full of one’s self and smarter than everyone else is part of being free and providing said freedom to us lowly civilians. Even thought it’s stated in the constitution that you swore an oath to, that our creator endowed us with. Yes I agree that the military is necessary when used properly and it seem that only the “smart people” can tell that’s not happening. Your job is to protect said freedom, you don’t provide. Due to the current state of military affairs as I stated your not protecting my freedom, your exploiting others so the rich and powerful can gain at their expense. You say you went and freed people from tyranny in these current wars, butwas it at their choice, did they sign pensions and petition the u.s. government for help, answer no. the decision was made by the us government to go to war with Iraq and Afghanistan, we waged war on them for our own reasons not for the peoples of those countries interests, with that said do the people of these countries enjoy the governments you’ve put in place or did they prefer it the way it was before. It doesn’t matter now because we’ve already took their freedom of choice away when we invaded. And to finish with, yes I have made the world a better place by not killing some poor schmuck for some rich guy collecting fossil fuel or contract money. Have a nice time knowing everything in that little bubble you call a world that you live in, you don’t have a different opinion than me you just don’t see the bigger picture.

By the way it’s “holier than thou” not though mister smarty pants.

edit on 9-8-2011 by minesweeper because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Meanwhile your country (if you can even call it that) Gets foreign aid from us. No one really wants to hear a foreiners opinion here. Im sure your 3rd world country is a much better place.

link   
Here is a song, sung by many which seems to have been forgotten.
The Universal Soldier.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I dont support the troops at all, they're not exactly protecting us from all the terrorists in office and from the terrorists that are molesting the women and kids at airports, nor are they protecting us from all the innocent killing racist police officers

LOL @ the other thread made in opposition where the veteran claims they're protecting us from the taliban when its fact they're helping them grow heroin
edit on 9-8-2011 by BIack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
Every limp-wristed C-sucker

I forgot that this was the calibre of the intelligence of those in the Military!

Awesome that you guys aren't to blame. No one is forcing you to go against your will. You DO have a choice, but to turn around and blame Joe Public is just as bad.

I, personally, will never join the Military, of any sort. I find them to be soulless cowards and state-sanctioned murderers, despite any redeeming qualities they have outside of 'work hours'.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Dude gas prices are down. Go get gas. Jump in your car and drive all over the country. Then come back and post a reply

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Have you ever left this country. You want to talk about the bigger picture when your opinion of the world and your bigeer picture was given to you through the media. I have seen the world buddy and evrytime i leave i cant wait to get back here. Bigger picture. Your post is a joke and by default so are you.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperkill

Dude gas prices are down. Go get gas. Jump in your car and drive all over the country. Then come back and post a reply

do they teach you that you are the reason that gas prices are down??????OMG!!!!! what an ego....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well, I'm going to have to disagree...Me being a prior Marine Corps we have a thing called a ranking system. If you are at the bottom of the totem pole which is basically if your not the Sgt Maj Of the Marine Corps or the Commandant then you have no say on what goes on. I did my 4 years honorably I got out, but I wont bash the troops, just maybe how our government is running the military...Basically the people whom you voted for the crooked sons of bitches who make money off our misfortunes are the ones you need to worry about. I do agree that we need to shut down some over seas bases like Okinawa, Mainland Japan, and South Korea. No need for that just extra money being forked out for units overseas living the Garrison life.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by patternfinder

they're fighting on the rich banker's behalves...period.....

If they are, that's on you, baby! Why did you as a citizen give those rich bankers control of your affairs to begin with?

Don't piss and moan about it now... people like you set it up to begin with!

I don't use a bank account!!!! period.....I won't put my money in those filthy places.....Hell, i don't even like using their filthy debt money, but it's the only thing anyone will take for goods and services.....

I don't use banks, either. have not done in years. No checking account, no nothing. Cut up all my credit cards and got out from under the debt hamster wheel in the mid 90's. Bankers do not control me, and I'm damn sure not going to point a finger and claim that someone else is killing for them That claim is a weak fallback position.

Either they control your country, and you allowed it, or they do not, in which case it's a false claim to say that soldiers kill for bankers.

Only soldiers know WHY they kill. Ask a few some time, see how many say "I kill for bankers".

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

I am proud to be part of the team. No we dont make the decisions, and we dont always agree with the missions, but i tell you what, it will be a cold frosty f&cking day in hell before i let any of my battle buddies down, or not be there to do my piece of the pie! In closing if you really want to change this get into office, become a decision maker and think about the troops who will be held accountable for your decisions by the people for the people. Until then shut your face! And hope the soldiers are ready to fight, and willing to take that fight to whom ever want to threatin our country. Thats right threatin our country our people our freedoms. Because the bad guys are there and they would love to put a rocket through your front doors. I stand shoulder to shoulder with my brothers and sisters. I used to say i domthis for you ungratefull f&ckers. Now i dont. I do this for the ones who support us and their loved ones. Also for my battles that had the courage to say " I WILL " and thats all that matters to me. I will protect yours like i protect mines. Fly to glory!

With that ....it will be a cold, frosty f*cking day in hell (read "Dante's Inferno", the devil is frozen in urine) when an ignorant thread is authored with a sub-moralistic view that not only trivializes our troops but asserts them as nationalistic puppets. I hope some day you get it. The day that comes when you realize your history and that you would not have your history were it not for the fighters. LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!

God help you all and i will protect yours like i protect mines. May we all fly to glory!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Yeah we all talk and think like that. I think that we are the most educated and opinionated and worldy force that this country has had ever. You dont know us. You dont know yourself.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Thank you! Rioting and looting and tearing your own stuff up isn't going to bring the NWo to it's knees.

It's time for a new approach from the inside out just as they have done to our constitution!

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join