It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

racist comment by Forrest4Three

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This was sent in a U2U by Forrest4Three

quote: Slavery is the best thing to ever happen to the black persons.

that was a very ignorant statement

How is that....

If it wasnt for slavery black ppl would still be in africa eating roaches with wooden sticks sticking through their noses.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I think there is a certain core of historical truth in there. But then again this should have to be researched. I think there should be numbers on the number of people that have entered the US as a slave and the number of Africans that immigrated into the US. From that you could sort of guestimate the number of people that are descendants of slaves. Could very well turn out that they are the predominant share of Africans-Americans today. In a sense that would mean slavery was beneficial for the descendants of these people. Slavery in every form is bad, however.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Much of Africa was quite advanced, with many trading cities that brought great wealth to their inhabitants. Have you heard of Sheba? have you heard of Timbuktu? Listen, Africa was the best thing to happen to the white man, not the other way around.

Saying that Slavery is the best thing to happen to Africans is like saying Spain was the best thing to happen to the Inca, or that Hitler was the best thing to happen to the Jews.

Wait till Illmatic sees this he's gonna have a hissy fit. Because of Slavery the black man (and woman) face racism in all parts of America. Because of the white man much of Africa is in the state of perpetual war and death.

So next time, before you post something, think a little. It will do you good.

Racist.

XA
S

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Typing racist things on the internet is a bad thing to do. Many people have had bad things happen to their computer doing that...

Things certainly wouldn't be the same if slavery never happened. (although I think that racism would still exist)

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xaos
Much of Africa was quite advanced,

I'll second that.

Africa was advanced, along with many other countries, untill white man came

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
That is racist. If we white people would have not insalved the balcks they would have advanced. Other civilizations would've settled Africa and brought technology there and other blacks would leave and come back. It is impossible tyo say they would still be doing that even today.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
XXXX Forrest4Three !

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
XXXX Forrest4Three !

Enlgish please.

Damn bigot. I say we jump through our modems and kick his butt. He'd deserve it after a remark like that.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Unbelievable. I don't even know where to start.

Xaos and Papo are exactly right. Timbuktu, Cordova, Sheba, Cush, Sumeria, etc. Black people were emperors and kings with powerful empires while the white man was living like a barbarian over the hills in Europe.

America likes to trace their roots to Ancient Greece, that's a lie. America has strong African roots so does the rest of the world. Africa was the greatest continent, people of all religion and color were flocking Africa for their knowledge and technology. This all changed when Europeans invaded, sucked their land dry, and left with all their philosophy and wisdom. Greek Philosophy? There is no such thing, it's all stolen African Philosophy.

The Moorish conquests of Europe sparked the entire Renaissance in Europe, look it up in history books. Cordova was a city literally paved with golden pathways and public bathing 24/7 while white Christians thought of bathing as a sin.

Listen, Africa was the best thing to happen to the white man, not the other way around.

I could've not said it any better.

I can't believe there's actually people out there who believe the slave trade was the best thing to happen to blacks.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devils Advocate
From that you could sort of guestimate the number of people that are descendants of slaves. Could very well turn out that they are the predominant share of Africans-Americans today. In a sense that would mean slavery was beneficial for the descendants of these people. Slavery in every form is bad, however.

I was talking AFRICAN-AMERICANS here. And judging by TODAYS standards AFRICAN AMERICANS are far better off then anyone in Africa. Go look up the net income per head of the two.

If you people can't read, if you people are too narrowminded to entertain a scholarly discussion, then please don't bother to react anymore.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Illmatic67 and abstract_alao, there is something that I don't understand.

Forrest4Three did that remark for the first time the 3-24-2003. Check the topic : CLICK.

Both of you were posting on this topic, but you didn't say ANYTHING.In fact, nobody but me sayed something. And now, you're complaining.

You were blind but now you aren't blind anymore, that's it ?

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
There are a lot of things that you don't understand

I highly doubt that will ever change.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Unbelievable. I don't even know where to start.

Xaos and Papo are exactly right. Timbuktu, Cordova, Sheba, Cush, Sumeria, etc. Black people were emperors and kings with powerful empires while the white man was living like a barbarian over the hills in Europe.

America likes to trace their roots to Ancient Greece, that's a lie. America has strong African roots so does the rest of the world. Africa was the greatest continent, people of all religion and color were flocking Africa for their knowledge and technology. This all changed when Europeans invaded, sucked their land dry, and left with all their philosophy and wisdom. Greek Philosophy? There is no such thing, it's all stolen African Philosophy.

The Moorish conquests of Europe sparked the entire Renaissance in Europe, look it up in history books. Cordova was a city literally paved with golden pathways and public bathing 24/7 while white Christians thought of bathing as a sin.

Listen, Africa was the best thing to happen to the white man, not the other way around.

I could've not said it any better.

I can't believe there's actually people out there who believe the slave trade was the best thing to happen to blacks.

I mean, look at Egypt. Even while it was conquered by some other land, it was still just as glorious as any other civilization out there. Greek scientists flocked there for Alexandria's library.... It was a pinnacle of ancient civilization, and some fool doesn't realize this. There were other great kingdoms there, but I know less about them, so I'll keep myu mouth shut.

Signing off,
HLW

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by High_Lord_Warrior
I mean, look at Egypt. Even while it was conquered by some other land, it was still just as glorious as any other civilization out there. Greek scientists flocked there for Alexandria's library.... It was a pinnacle of ancient civilization, and some fool doesn't realize this. There were other great kingdoms there, but I know less about them, so I'll keep myu mouth shut.

Signing off,
HLW

Yea, your right. Africa was the teacher, Europe was the learner. That's how it was. There's more to Black History than Martin Luther King, Jr. and Harriet Tubman, you know.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Idiots like Forrest4Three aren't even worth arguing to...

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
UP: i was also in that thread and i didn't respond because it didn't deserve a response. i don't know about AA and Illmatic.

to the question, was it racist. hmmm, it's an opinion and maybe it's offensive but i don't see how it's racist. he has the right to be as ignorant and as misinformed as he wants to be. doesn't mean he's intending to be racist. maybe he just doesn't understand what happened and he looks at the conditions in Africa and then the condition of america and comes to this conclusion.

i don't think he should be labled a bigot for that. there are better words that apply. let him say all black people are inferior or that we are all violent and lazy. comments of that nature are racist to me but not a misinformed opinion.

okay folk that's what the sistah has to say on the matter.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well, as long as we are intent on screaming that the others on this forum are unscholarly, I'd like to point out that neither Africa nor Europe nor any other continent was the "greatest cicilization". Africa didn't contribute any more than Europe or Asia. In fact Asia came up with "paper" long before the egyptian papyrus. Every continent had it's great civilizations and its contributions...Think before you make such unbased generalities as "Africa is the best thing to happen to America, not the other way around".

Aren't we supposed to know and be interested in the specifics here people? The importance is in the details. Every inhabited continent saw slavery and
NEWSFLASH
It wasn't all done by white people, or europeans. You mentioned the Moors' conquest of southern Europe as bringing civilization? There were and is just as much slavery in Northern Africa as ever happened in America or Europe. (See Sudan and Nigeria CURRENT events). If you have so much blind patriotism for Africa, rather than for being...oh...I don't know...HUMAN, why don't you move there? Technology and the gaining of higher-level knowledge is a HUMAN trait...not an african one, or a european one!

Bah! Both sides are racist...even I'm racist...but I try to supress that with LEARNING, SELF-EDUCATION, RESEARCH and OVERALL KNOWLEDGE. Both sides should go read a history book...that's what I'm off to do!

P.S. I know I need to change my name because I accidentally stole it (as it is a derivation of a current member's name) but how do I do that? Educate me.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
being of tongan and lithuanian ethnicity, and female, i can understand how forest's comment could be offensive to others who are minorities such as myself. i think saphronia is right and since none of us were actually IN africa, asia, europe, or ANYwhere during those days for that matter, then NO ONE knows who knew what first..... there's tons of different theories on it and that's why the world's in a #ty place b/c everyone 'knows' theyre correct and their theories are 'right' and they want everyone to listen to and follow them.....WHO CARES who knew what first???? does it really change what's going on now? no.... but let a man be ignorant if he wants to, but what do you compare ignorance to if NO ONE REALLY KNOWS..?

[Edited on 4-3-2003 by Isis Fibonacci]

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
There are a lot of things that you don't understand

I highly doubt that will ever change.

Especially if you don't want to give me an answer.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Saphronia, you're more cool than I'm.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join