It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do masons get angry at people researching their beliefs?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Why do masons get angry at people researching their beliefs?

Whats the problem? Its not like your disrespecting them or anything.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

What do you mean? I'm a Mason and there is much information about the Masons online. a lot true and a lot of it false. You be the judge.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267

What do you mean? I'm a Mason and there is much information about the Masons online. a lot true and a lot of it false. You be the judge.

hi

How do you feel about people saying negative things about masons?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

My grandfather was a mason, he kept his *stuff* secret....But when I lived in Mason City Iowa, I walked straight into the masonic lodge and told them I wanted to join the Eastern Star. They graciously allowed me entry, gave me a tour, and let me see the library! This of course was after I was voted on by the members

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

As long is it not lies being said about the Masons. Because I have seen some scary stuff of different websites. What we do is help people, learn how to be good men, and so on. You get the picture.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It's not anger. It's frustration, because people seek their curiosity in the wrong places: The WEB.

Skewed much?

The only people who know the truth about Masonry, are Masons.

Wanna learn about it? Join.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I think they get angry when someone posts a thread making unfounded accusations against their order.

If you post a thread honestly seeking information about the order without the accusations and are willing to accept their answers as sincere and honest, they can be quite pleasant and forthcoming.

As long as you are willing to listen to what they say with an open mind, they aren't that bad.

The tough part is trying to figure out all their inside jokes.

edit on 8/8/11 by FortAnthem because: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dde3a658c63b.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Not a mason but I would think they have a problem with it because of all the misinformation out there about them that the naieve among us believe. You know the stuff that makes them all seem lije they worship the devil and all such foolishness.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

Not a mason but I would think they have a problem with it because of all the misinformation out there about them that the naieve among us believe. You know the stuff that makes them all seem lije they worship the devil and all such foolishness.

There are people that really do worship the enemy. (Wikkans)

But hey I don't trash them on it? That's just silly and creates war/strife.

I know I am not going to worship a serial killer/con/thief.

If they want to they can go right ahead. I don't recommend befriending a hardened spiritual killer. But to each his/her own.

Peace be with you.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

It's not anger. It's frustration, because people seek their curiosity in the wrong places: The WEB.
Would you suggest a good book?

The only people who know the truth about Masonry, are Masons.

Wanna learn about it? Join.
But what if I want to learn about Masonry but don't want to join?
I don't need to be a rocket scientist to know rocket science.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Because they worship Lucifer. They call themselves Christians, more like Antichristian. Search Mason admits to worshipping Lucifer on youtube
Alex Jones has already exposed this
Lower class Masons have no clue what's going on at the top
edit on 8-8-2011 by AzazeI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Don't ask them about Lucifer the Morning Star than.

Some of them have claimed it is not Satan or the Devil, although in modern English lexicon it is commonly referred to as the Devil or Satan. Also terminology like Luciferian is equated with Satanism in common lexicon.

However, I have heard many argue this point, and attempt to paint this "Lucifer" as the Illumination and the Light.

That's probably where all of the major problems come from.

However, there are millions of masons in various sects with possibly different interpretations of their occult practices or different points of view about this whole "Lucifer" terminology that is so highly controversial.

**Disclaimer : When I say masons told me, it was self -avowed masons members on ATS, however they were pretty well respected members so I assume they must have been masons and not fakes.

I have no access to their Libraries or their rituals to examine and observe their peculiarities so I do not know if this hearsay is true or not. However I highly suggest you investigate if you really want to know.

Some of them seem to be claiming to be Luciferians. I am inclined to believe there are grains of truth to this. I have seen many facets of this subject and it is very provocative and very very deep.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzazeI
Because they worship Lucifer. They call themselves Christians, mote like Antichristian. Search Mason admits to worshipping Lucifer on youtube
I think only at the highest levels will you start to see anything related to Satanism. But as soon as people hear the word "satanism" they assume it's baby eating occultists that do all kinds of immoral things. I don't think it has anything to do with that. It's more to do with free-will and how Satan taught man to be self-aware through the tree of knowledge. "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law." ~ The Beast

Just my 2 bitcoins. I really have no idea.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It's not Satanism it's Luciferian. Remember ??

They claim Satan is a bad guy and Lucifer is the Light Bringer. They think there is a difference.

But however in common English lexicon, it's the same friggin thing.

That's why everyone is freaked out about them, because it's all messed up and everything is lost in translation.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

More misinformation they do not. If anything they worship nature and the cycles of the universe. This has nothing to do with Masons. Stay on topic.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

There are people that really do worship the enemy. (Wikkans)

But hey I don't trash them on it? That's just silly and creates war/strife.

I know I am not going to worship a serial killer/con/thief.

If they want to they can go right ahead. I don't recommend befriending a hardened spiritual killer. But to each his/her own.

Peace be with you.

Umm I think that is Wiccans you are trying to say am I correct...

Also, I am Wiccan and I can assure you, I am not an enemy!!!

I think maybe you should try to understand something first before you judge!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

That's why everyone is freaked out about them, because it's all messed up and everything is lost in translation.
Good point. One would assume Lucifer and Satan are the same entity. I've seen references to them being different entities but I never really looked into it due to the fact that religious teachings bore me deeply.
So can anyone sum up the difference?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
That's why I never joined a group like the Masons though, even though I am obviously capable of doing so.

I am not interested in gaining money or power, and I am not interested in using a 'club' to conspire to get ahead in life by making sure all non-club members fall behind.

Most all people who join it do so to "further their careers" and "get connections", they are in it for one thing, materialistic ambition.

Now look at this materialistic ambition and remember Lucifer the Light Bringer.

2+2 = ?

I don't even believe in religious dogma I think it's mostly highly misunderstood. However, I believe that there is a high possibility many of these poor individuals begin to actually believe in this hocus pocus nonsense simply due to the fact their group wields power currently and so they assume it's proof of their 'correctness'. It's all a coincidence though, as their belief system is chalk full of logical fallacies and inconsistencies, like with any other cult dogma or organized group oriented around ideology.

This is just my rambling assessment of the situation based on reading countless sources pro-mason and anti-mason for over 10 years.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The Freemasons don't get angry, they usually are more subtle. They crowd forums like here and drown out any meangingful discussion in Freemasonry with their talking points. Truth seekers usually get fustrated with the overwhelming amount of Freemasons here and go elsewhere to sites with less traffic, but doing that lets the Masons win, as this is one of the more active forums.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by muzzleflash

Good point. One would assume Lucifer and Satan are the same entity. I've seen references to them being different entities but I never really looked into it due to the fact that religious teachings bore me deeply.
So can anyone sum up the difference?

They are and they aren't.

Some sources differentiate, and various examples can clarify the separation.

However other sources compare them as equals, or classify Lucifer as one of the generals of hell's minions, etc. So there are multiple interpretations of course.

But how could a bunch of people who grew up learning that the words Lucifer = Satan be able to rationalize this away when they find out what it's really about?

I just don't get it. I assume since they are stuck in it anyways, and it's a comfy ride with all of the business connections, that they just play along with it since it's paying so well.

When I mention sources for classifying Satan vs Lucifer, I speak mostly of older sources from pre-1900. Medieval to Renaissance era texts are some of my favorites.
edit on 8-8-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join