It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blaming the "Tea Party" for the credit downgrade?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
You have got to be kidding...

These people were elected to stop this 14 trillion dollar runaway spending.

They stuck to their principles.

We have a two party system alright.

The Tea Party vs. Everyone else.

I am not a member. However, these Americans have every right to organize.

It's a free country. Organize opposition to the Tea Party and make your case.

But to just berate a group of people trying to make a change?

The Tea Party is not about social issues.

They just have a different view on how large government should be.
edit on 7-8-2011 by whyamIhere because: public schools

edit on 7-8-2011 by whyamIhere because: Morning Fatty...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Government is evil whether it is large or small, so it follows that the larger it is, the more evil it is. Simple logic. I don't subscribe to partisan politics, but we can't make government non-existent until it shrinks, so...

But anyway, blaming either side for this mess is ridiculous. This is how it was planned to play out, this is how it is playing out, and there is nothing we can do about it short of a massive revolution, one so massive that the elite have nowhere in the world to hide. Considering how brainwashed everyone is and the fact that we probably don't even know for sure who is pulling strings, this is more or less impossible.

In any case, no sense getting caught up in partisan BS. None of those people are real decision makers, nor will they become so at any point.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

America as a whole is to blame.
We elect crappy leaders based on their charisma, money and experience and ignore the people that have good ideas and solutions because of their perceived lack of value (read money).
We're so greedy our greed actually physically manifests itself in the fat, disgustingly overweight blobs that have to cart themselves around on mini motorized vehicles. We've literally been rendered handicapped by our greed!
We allowed a whole war to happen that was based on a blatant lie while stupidly chanting "U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A!!" like zombified morons.
We focus on crap that doesn't matter like what Lindsey Lohan wore to the beach and support the media that airs this stupid trash by continuing to tune in.

We were doomed either way. Its everybody's fault we're at this point.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watts

America as a whole is to blame.
We elect crappy leaders based on their charisma, money and experience and ignore the people that have good ideas and solutions because of their perceived lack of value (read money).
We're so greedy our greed actually physically manifests itself in the fat, disgustingly overweight blobs that have to cart themselves around on mini motorized vehicles. We've literally been rendered handicapped by our greed!
We allowed a whole war to happen that was based on a blatant lie while stupidly chanting "U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A!!" like zombified morons.
We focus on crap that doesn't matter like what Lindsey Lohan wore to the beach and support the media that airs this stupid trash by continuing to tune in.

We were doomed either way. Its everybody's fault we're at this point.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)

Very poignant observation...

I just can't understand all the hate directed at fellow citizens.

These people have every right to try to defeat incumbents.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

One thing I don't like to see about the Tea Party, from both other Republicans and Democrats (usually the rabid Liberal type) is the seeming accusation that the Tea Party is this rouge group of representatives representing themselves. They were ELECTED by their districts to do what they are doing.. and while I may not agree with everything they do, I have to say that more than any other caucus in Congress they stick to the principles they ran on the most.

The reason S&P downgraded our debt is 70+ years of HORRIBLE LEADERSHIP AND STUPID ECONOMIC DECISIONS!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
it already has a label, heard it on TV today, the tea party downgrade,

They are so lucky they have a new group to blame this on, it would be neat to hear a democrat or republican say it's there fault.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The entire federal government no matter what party they are with, are only concerned with themselves and not the citizens and every one of them are responsible for the collapse of our economy. They all sound like a bunch of 5 year olds blaming each other instead of taking responsibility for their irresponsiblity.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I don't blame the tea party as much as I blame the ill informed sheep who voted them into office. it makes me think a whole lot less of my fellow man. ironically, I think the people who voted them in are way too arrogant to admit they have made a mistake. as always they'll just wait for the rest of us to clean up this mess the tea party has created. and forward we will once again move in spite of the baggers .................. remember; lean forward
edit on 7-8-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: typo

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

So anyone who is politically different than you is a "sheep"?

You sir, are the sheep.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The Left has been very successful by using Alinsky tactics the last few years. This just shows that they aren't stopping anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It really is a classic scapegoat scenario. I get fired up when I see some idiot claim its the Tea Parties fault, yet they fail to cite HOW the Tea Party was to blame. They don't realize the Tea Party has barely been on the scene for two years now. When someone mentions the Debt ceiling vote they obviously haven't looked at the vote tally of all 535 members of the congress. Democrat votes outnumber the Tea Party votes! I guess they can cite the Tea Party wanting to save America's pocketbook, but what kind of argument is that?

My only issue is, the Tea Party isn't doing that great of a job defending itself up to this point. I'd really like to see them get out there and start arguing the facts. Instead we get every has been democrat and RINO blaming the Tea Party.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
yes i do. and why? because the rating agency, yes those actually responsible for the downgrade, specifically mention the tea party as a reason. you can't get closer to the source than that.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
You have got to be kidding...

These people were elected to stop this 14 trillion dollar runaway spending.

Who are "these people?"
You mean the Republicans?
I am confused. Can you name some?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

I do not differentiate the two parties.

I blame anyone who has ever been in public office.

I am not going to be baited into a partisan urination distance competition.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
I don't blame the tea party as much as I blame the ill informed sheep who voted them into office. it makes me think a whole lot less of my fellow man. ironically, I think the people who voted them in are way too arrogant to admit they have made a mistake. as always they'll just wait for the rest of us to clean up this mess the tea party has created. and forward we will once again move in spite of the baggers .................. remember; lean forward
edit on 7-8-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: typo

Is this a Joke? We got a downgrade because we did not do anything to stop spending. The tea party had no effect at all. The MSM just acted like the tea party got something out of it they didnt they got screwed along with the rest of america......... If we cut spending we would of had more money to pay bills and less debt giving america a better credit score..............................................!!!! Raise taxes??? that will drive more businesses out. We need to lower the coporate tax rate and put tariffs on china and mexico.... Just like they do to our items!!!!!! If we had lowered taxes that would create more jobs and more tax revenue from private business in the long run...... I could go on and on but it is pointless it will fall on deaf ears to anyone who does not understand by now.... The system is fixed we are meant to fail. Many people will die.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The politicians have been spending more than they take in for the entire time that I've been alive.

They've been caught with their hand in the cookie jar by the world and our credit rating is suffering as a result.

Rather than take the blame for all that's been done by Democrats and Republicans over the ages the 've chosen to blame the tea party.

What a bunch of jokers we have representing us.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Where is the logic in their argument?

We got downgraded because of out of control spending.

A group of people see this coming.

They organize to try to reduce spending and the size of government.

When it all goes bad like they had predicted and tried to prevent.

Instead of praise for their insight...They get the blame.

Got to love the MSM...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is how politicians keep control, always and forever, this is nothing new.

If they held past politicians responsible they too might one day be held responsible, if you continue to blame the newcomers to the system and succeed in convincing people it's the truth, you will keep the system going

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

The reason S&P downgraded our debt is 70+ years of HORRIBLE LEADERSHIP AND STUPID ECONOMIC DECISIONS!

S&P actually explained in a Statement the cause of the downgrade, and while they tried to be as non-partisan as possible, it clearly speaks to the damage the Tea Party has done.

More broadly, the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a negative outlook to the rating on April 18, 2011.

Since then, we have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon.

We lowered our long-term rating on the U.S. because we believe that the prolonged controversy over raising the statutory debt ceiling and the related fiscal policy debate indicate that further near-term progress containing the growth in public spending, especially on entitlements, or on reaching an agreement on raising revenues is less likely than we previously assumed and will remain a contentious and fitful process. We also believe that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the Administration agreed to this week falls short of the amount that we believe is necessary to stabilize the general government debt burden by the middle of the decade.

www.politico.com...

Before all the amnesia begins about how the TP weren't effing up negotiations, perhaps reflect upon how many of the far right politicians and TP Caucus were saying that we should go ahead and default and that it wouldn't hurt our ratings.

The S&P says a bigger deal was neccessary that included revenues and entitlement reforms....

Sound familiar??? That is the "Grand Bargain" that Boehner and Obama agreed to before the Tea Party Caucus threw a tantrum and Boehner was forced to bail on the agreement.

No Revenues. No comprehensive deal. Only the bare minimum so the TP can continue to take the economy hostage.

The S&P hasn't been mysterious about it's reasons. They don't see a bright future as long as the minority TP holds the rest of congress prisoner in their idelaogical fantasy world with their swing votes.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
reply to post by Wildbob77

Where is the logic in their argument?

We got downgraded because of out of control spending.

We got downgraded because of the gridlock the TP brought to the debt ceiling negotiations, and because they refused to allow the "Grand Bargain" which would have addressed entitlements and included revenues.

Not my opinion, it is what S&P said! See there statement above.

THIS IS A TEA PARTY DOWNGRADE.

And I imagine they don't give a Ef since they were the same morons saying we should just default.

Their idealogical drunkeness is costing all Americans as the economy shudders and stumbles realizing these lunatics have a say in DC.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join