It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles. What are they? What do they mean?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I'm posting this from my mobile device so forgive me if I can't, at the moment make a comprehensive presentation worthy of this topic, but it's something that's been on my mind lately for some reason, and so I was hoping to draw from the ATS "storehouse" valuable imput in attempting to make some sense of this very strange an enigmatic phenomenon known as Crop Circles.

What are they do you think, and why are they, what could be thier purpose?

Are they a communication from outside of this world anf if so, what is being communicated?

Thanks.

NAM

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
They are designs made by artists who use crop fields as their canvas.

Some of them are very artistically made.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

i think they are man made art. their purpose is to entertain and provoke thought. looks like they're working..

there has not been a single crop circle with evidence of not being man made..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/040ce819920f.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Hey nam. Here is a good thread on cc,s from a few days ago. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
So I take it that some of you think they are made by man, presumably from some sort of space-based platform, as a provocative hoax.. is that about right?

If so, are there not reports of them occuring before the spaceage of man?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
When someone smiles at you..do you typically smile back? the answer is yes. why? because a smile generates a harmonic frequency...a positive vibration. For how beautiful a crop circle can turn out whether its man made or alien made..it still generates a harmonic frequency. Frequencies heal...think about it. could such a beautiful design not only be a message but a sort of harmonic technology that resonates through out the cosmos and heals damage that has been done? They are healing what has damaged this planet, and sending messages with them.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
THIS MIGHT EXPLAIN - W O R T H WATCHING IT!!
CROP CIRCLES - ______beforeitsnews/story/916/576/Nibiru_Arrival_Date_Confirmed_In_A_Crop_Circle.html
METEOR SHOWER OCT 2011 NASA - ______beforeitsnews/story/917/496/NASA_Warning_Letter:_Draconid_Meteor_Shower.html
ELENIN PATH SEPT.-OCT. 2011 NASA - ______beforeitsnews/story/917/420/Elenin_Nibiru_when_will_I_see_them_Nasa_J_P_L_Browser_from_Aug_5th_through_Oct_31.html

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
If NOT man-made, then they are a form of communication, this is obvious. If that's the cae, then I wonder if any significant efforts have been made to crack the code and produce a type of "Rosettas Stone" by which to "read" them and decifer thier meaning?

Anyone here researched this fully?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Hi,
i just postet a link that it MIGHT EXPLAIN those circles (2 of them); i do not know the persons name who is doing the talking on this video, but i am sure you can find out, if you are interested.
here is the link ______beforeitsnews/story/916/576/Nibiru_Arrival_Date_Confirmed_In_A_Crop_Circle.html

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I think some crop circles are hoaxes. But the advanced ones, I think is a form of communication. Question is, are they for us or them.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianClassified
I think some crop circles are hoaxes. But the advanced ones, I think is a form of communication. Question is, are they for us or them.

i would like a link or two to these "advanced" ones...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mzungu

Originally posted by CanadianClassified

i would like a link or two to these "advanced" ones...

www.youtube.com...

as real as it gets...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

So I take it that some of you think they are made by man, presumably from some sort of space-based platform, as a provocative hoax.. is that about right? If so, are there not reports of them occuring before the spaceage of man?

uuummmm.... space based platform? where is the evidence that any crop circle originated from outer space? :S

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianClassified

Good point, maybe it's an interstellar communications medium who's message is only intended for those species capable of decifering the newsfeed. Maybe it's "them" talking about us, or debating the state of our evolutionary progress or lack thereof, or simply statements being about various emerging cosmological connecting pricipals or advancements in scientific understanding, but if so why Earth as the canvass, unless the messages are going out to all earthlike worlds.

So i guess i'm really wondering here about the notion of a communications medium which employs symbolic sacred geometry as an intersteller language..

This makes more sense to me, given the overall scope of the phenomenon, than that of the man-made hoax hypothesis..

edit on 7-8-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Don't know what they are or where they are from, but the mean you should have harvested a day earlier. It's next to impossible to do after, nothing works right including machinery.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally, they were patches of damaged crops, after UFO's had supposedly landed there.
The rough circles, possibly with evidence of landing gear, was touted as physical evidence that there really was a UFO there at that time.

Later, the traces were more evident, with proper "circles".
Later, the circles became more elaborate.
Later, the patterns became more elaborate.
Later, they became really wild and wacky, with some showing pictures of aliens smoking weed, or jellyfish, or spelling out words, or giving you 'the bird'.

They have no purpose.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mzungu

So I take it that some of you think they are made by man, presumably from some sort of space-based platform, as a provocative hoax.. is that about right? If so, are there not reports of them occuring before the spaceage of man?

uuummmm.... space based platform? where is the evidence that any crop circle originated from outer space? :S

Please offer your explanation then as a "ground based" hypthesis, thanks. I was referring to the idea of satellites with plasma beams or lasers toyed with by geeks at NASA that kind of thing.

What's your explanation, hippies with ropes and boards..?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HispanicPanic

as real as it gets...

seriously? this has been debunked...

The short answer is probably not. Silicon simply doesn’t have the moves. While carbon is perfectly comfortable in a variety of different structures (rings, long chains, multi-ring chains, and double-bonded carbon catenations), silicon’s analogous structures are comparatively unstable and sometimes highly reactive. Additionally, such analogous silicon compounds may never occur in nature; the largest silicon molecule ever observed had only six silicon atoms. In contrast, some carbon-based molecules can have tens of thousands!
-nai.nasa.gov...

and so on..

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Please offer your explanation then as a "ground based" hypthesis, thanks. I was referring to the idea of satellites with plasma beams or lasers toyed with by geeks at NASA that kind of thing. What's your explanation, hippies with ropes and boards..?

well, people (not necessarily hippies) with boards has been proven.. any other theory has not..

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Hey NewAgeMan, I have been somewhat interested in crop circles for many years now, and I personally believe most are man made, but man got the idea to replicate them from something else. The questions you ask are hard to answer, assuming some are not man made.

Consider this, though...

More than 10,000 Crop Circle formations (Agriglyphs) have been found or catalogued worldwide. More than 6,000 crop circles have been investigated and documented since 1980.

Crop circles are usually not round, but slightly elliptical. In a real crop circle the plant's shafts/stalks (mostly wheat, but also grass, barley, canola, buckwheat, linseed, rice paddies, corn, sunflowers, blueberry bushes, trees, etc.) are bent around an inch above soil (corn stalks are bent a couple of inches above the soil) and the plants are laid in precise geometric swirl patterns with little signs of physical damage. There may be light burn marks at the base of stems, altered cellular structure and soil chemistry, increased magnetic particle deposits, discrepancies in background radiation, alteration of the local electromagnetic field, depletion of the local watershed, along with long-lasting energy patterns. Some analyzed crop circles have shown higher radiation levels. Crop circles range in size from a few inches to hundreds of feet across and have been as large as 200,000 sq. ft.

In real crop circle formations the stems are not broken but bent at 90° angles about an inch off the ground, at the plant's first node. The plants are subjected to a short and intense burst of heat or energy that softens the stems or stalks allowing them to be folded over onto the ground at a 90° angle. When the stems or stalks reharden into their new position, the plants and crop are not damaged and continue to grow. This is the method used to identify a real crop circle formation (agriglyph). The canola oil plant has a structure like celery. If the stalk is bent more than about 45°, the stalk will break. When crop circles are found in canola fields, the stalks are bent 90°. Research and laboratory tests suggest that microwave or ultrasound may be the only method capable of producing this effect, but plant biologists are still baffled by this phenomenon.

Source

top topics

<<   2 >>

join