It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The $1BN bet someone made against the US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The $1BN bet someone made against the US

www.marketoracle.co.uk

Jack Barnes writes : Someone dropped a bomb on the bond market Thursday - a $1 billion Armageddon trade betting the United States will lose its AAA credit rating.

In one moment, an invisible trader placed a single trade that moved the most liquid debt market in the world.

The massive trade wasn't placed in bonds themselves; it was placed in the futures market.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
An unknown trader made about $10 billion dollars in a short against the US AAA credit rating.

Any wonder that some members of congress seemed to WANT things to get messed up in regards to the budget process? It would be interesting to watch the bankrolls of all the congressional members and see who made out big in this scenario

www.marketoracle.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

George Soros, anyone?

I would not put it past him for one moment. Remember, all of us... we are only numbers to the elite. Not people. Not beings. Only numbers to be sold and traded.

Sickening.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

This was in the news back in July that someone had bet $4.8 billion against the US dollar. money.cnn.com...

I wonder if George Soros striked again?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Members of congress… naw…

Blame it on AIPAC and Jewish lobby, they are the one who love to destroy the America…

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
They released the information after trading ended on Friday, the money has not actually been collected yet.....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEyeofTruth
They released the information after trading ended on Friday, the money has not actually been collected yet.....

They need time to party over the weekend

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Where the hell is BoondockSaint when you need him.
No better member at tracing the money.

I second the Soros statement.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Where the hell is BoondockSaint when you need him.
No better member at tracing the money.

I second the Soros statement.

Perhaps you need to read this first buddy...

the-diplomat.com...

Then we can talk.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

So you really think Iran and the muslim world is behind this?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

reply to post by amkia

So you really think Iran and the muslim world is behind this?

And then perhaps this one. Before you jump in any collusion

www.campaigniran.org.../11595

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I wonder how much Eric Cantor made? Nothing like having the house minority whip bet against the country he is supposed to be serving.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Ok, a Dot ORG site promoting Iran. So what.

I can't see Iran on this path. All in all, as history has shown, they are more of a headlong/head-on approach.

My money is still on Soros.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Truth is, AIPAC will do what ever it suppose to, to defame both Iran and America in the eyes of middle east populations and the world over..

Time to wake up and get rid of this menace once ‘em for all.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

reply to post by amkia

I can't see Iran on this path. All in all, as history has shown, they are more of a headlong/head-on approach.

Read the articles mate, its not made of stupid people.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

reply to post by amkia

TBPH (to be perfectly honest), Im not quite sure if that tos*er George S is up the ladder so much so that he would know that Congress/TPOUS would not come to an agreement. I dont know... This is a tricky one.

Dont you think it might be some fund from the Rothschild hedge fund?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Hi,

Very interesting,

Here is a quote from a post I made here on ATS on Thursday 4th August 2011:

""Good points,

Perhaps another War is needed, Iran anyone?

Osama Bin Laden, before he was 'taken out', claimed the West/US would be destroyed from within, not from a 9/11 style attack but from financial ruin and/or population 'take over'.

Well, we are seeing both these situations playing out right now, Europe is being beseiged and out numbered by Muslims and the US is being financially crippled.

Pres Obama is said to have Muslim roots, so are we now witnessing the 'plan' to destroy the West, from within actually occurring before our very eyes??

Another interesting post here on ATS today, mentions "where exactly has all the money/debt actually gone?"

It appears as if Trillions of Euros/Dollars/Pounds/money/debt has simply dissappeared into thin air, but how?

My question is, how much of this financial crisis is actually being created/manipulated and to what end??

Regards.""

Source: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
I wonder how much Eric Cantor made? Nothing like having the house minority whip bet against the country he is supposed to be serving.

That is a silly comment. Where in the world do you think Eric Cantor would get a billion dollars. Please apply logic instead rambling off something as rediculous as that.
edit on 6-8-2011 by professornurbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
What I don't understand is, how come they can't tell who made this trade, and bust them for obvious insider trading?

When you even think of looking at facebook, for example, every nanosecond is monitored and keyed to your IP address, etc.

So are you telling me I can somehow make huge bids in the futures market totally anonymously? And then what do they do, put the payout in a bag and leave it under a bridge or something? How is it that the trader is unknown? But I have to show all kinds of ID to, say, cash a check.

Just like all the puts on AA and Delta on 9 11. Doesn't the SEC track everything in the markets? Or am I just stupid, and all stock trading and everything is anonymous? If so, that's apparently the only thing left in the world that is anonymous.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by professornurbs

Originally posted by buster2010

That is a silly comment. Where in the world do you think Eric Cantor would get a billion dollars. Please apply logic instead rambling off something as rediculous as that.
edit on 6-8-2011 by professornurbs because: (no reason given)

This information may be helpful to the discussion of who could have perpetrated this - A billion dollar "bet" doesn't require a billion dollars - for instance, in many currency (and futures/options) trading accounts, the everyday client has a 50 (or more) leverage on his trades, for example.

In terms of a who dunnit - why look further than an insider within the Bond Rating PTB - if the information that the trade was placed on Thursday afternoon - just 24 hours before the announcement - is correct. IMHO this is a smoking gun for a trade placed by someone who knew that the rating announcement was already a done deal, waiting for the markets to close on Friday.

edit on 8/6/2011 by Open2Truth because: addition

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join