It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The audacity of the Federal Reserve

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If there is any doubt left in your mind who the brainchild is behind this orchestrated financial collapse, perhaps you will get a clear picture when you look at the following list of duties of the Federal Reserve, as detailed on their own website:

Today, the Federal Reserve’s duties fall into four general areas:

• conducting the nation’s monetary policy by influencing the monetary and credit conditions in the economy in pursuit of maximum employment, stable prices, and moderate long-term interest rates

• supervising and regulating banking institutions to ensure the safety and soundness of the nation’s banking and financial system and to protect the credit rights of consumers

• maintaining the stability of the financial system and containing systemic risk that may arise in financial markets

• providing financial services to depository institutions, the U.S. government, and foreign official institutions, including playing a major role in operating the nation’s payments system

So, I ask you, what have these bankers been doing these past several years besides sitting on their a---es and waiting for this ship to sink?

Did we hear even a whisper of caution to the citizens of this country?

Did we hear a warning or a demand to cease unethical lending practices of any kind directed at the financial institutions who were purposely conning people right out of their homes and straight for economic slaughter?

Did we see anyone from the Federal Reserve attempt to intervene in any way, shape or form to prevent even one person from being swindled by corrupt mortgage practices?

Did they say ANYTHING at ALL to publicly acknowledge a problem was brewing or to acknowledge that the U.S. dollar could be in jeopardy until it was too late?

WHAT WERE THEY DOING?

We heard nothing more than a declaration.... "We are officially in a recession." REALLY?

After reading the Federal Reserve's duties as outlined on their own website, does it look like these people performed ANYTHING remotely close to these duties when it mattered most?

Are these people stupid? NO THEY ARE NOT! They are financial experts who know better than anyone else on the planet what it takes to make money....and KEEP IT.

If that's not enough, please be reminded of this little factoid from their website:

The Federal Reserve System is considered to be an independent central bank because its decisions do not have to be ratified by the President or anyone else in the executive branch of government. The System is, however, subject to oversight by the U.S. Congress.

Yes, we can't forget that the Fed is subject to oversight by the U.S. CONGRESS.

So.....where was CONGRESS when all of this was brewing? I know where Ron Paul was....but where were the REST of them? Why was Congress not questioning The Fed's lack of action in stopping this financial disaster?

We have to rid ourselves of the Black Plague that is The Federal Reserve.....

NO more AUDITS, no more OVERSIGHT, no more promises of TRANSPARENCY!

THE ONLY THING THAT SHOULD BE ACCEPTABLE TO AMERICANS IS....

NO MORE FEDERAL RESERVE!!

edit on 6-8-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

The Federal Reserve by choice does not get into politics.

This is entirely about politics. If you have watched previous Fed meetings Ben B. has stated many times that the US is pretty much out of control with spending and needs to figure it out. He will not comment from that point forward though as he has to remain as independent as possible.

I will state this again. The FR is not our problem. It is the politicians we repeatedly vote into office. They are the problem. Until that changes things will remain very much the same.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I wonder whats going to happen when their 99 year charter end next year, vacate the premises and say "Good luck!"? Too bad most Americans don't grasp whats really happening when the Fed prints out trillions of dollars with no gold backing.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm not entirely sure but the federal reserve is a private institution.

link

i think that should help you. hopefully it does.

i do not understand US judicial system's terminology so i can't help you further. sorry.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The creation of the federal reserve is fascinating.

Everyone should read The Secrets of the Federal Reserve Ebook

It's the only book burned in "post" nazi europe.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Hhhmm ... this is the same institution that has out done the federal deficit with its own massive accumulation of excessive loans right?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You know they are involved. But I truly think the fault lies with the Free Trade Agreement and Globalization.
It has place the population of the world into a form of a Psuedo- Communist Plutocratic Oligarchy.

Clearly , the truth is still being disguised and sold as Democracy. Disgracefully.

There is no such thing as free trade really (at least in the current form) , as someone has to pay the bill.

I think Fair Trade is a much more realistic and better way to go.

All in all it is a sad overview of humanity. It is shameful really. We may very well have entered into a new Dark Age. That is what happens when unbridled greed is applauded and sociopaths are elected officials.

Good God Almighty S&F to you
edit on 6-8-2011 by Wildmanimal because: add in/edit

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

I will state this again. The FR is not our problem. It is the politicians we repeatedly vote into office. They are the problem. Until that changes things will remain very much the same.

I certainly can't argue that because until we get some politicians with some balls who act on the will of the people, the Fed will continue to exist.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

The creation of the federal reserve is fascinating. Everyone should read The Secrets of the Federal Reserve Ebook It's the only book burned in "post" nazi europe.

Thanks, Vermonster, that is a welcome addition to this thread.....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The FR does a better job at what they do ( set interest rate policy ) than any member of congress could do. Don't tell me you want one of those goons setting interest rate policy?

Some of you, IMO, really don't understand what the FR can and cannot do.
edit on 6-8-2011 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The FR does a better job at what they do ( set interest rate policy ) than any member of congress could do. Don't tell me you want one of those goons setting interest rate policy? Some of you, IMO, really don't understand what the FR can and cannot do.

Yes, we are currently seeing first hand what a "better job" the FR can do.

No, I don't want ANY GOON of any make or model setting interest rate policy, which is why I never said I prefer Congress to do it. I'm simply asking why neither of these groups cared to warn the public or address the financial institutions for their unethical practices before it got to the point we're at today. After all, The Fed clearly says it IS their responsibility to "supervise and regulate banking institutions to ensure the safety and soundness of the nation’s banking and financial system and to protect the credit rights of consumers."

Can you please tell me if there are any duties you feel the Federal Reserve CANNOT do on the list below? If there are none, can you tell me why we should NOT conclude they orchestrated this disaster?

Today, the Federal Reserve’s duties fall into four general areas:

• conducting the nation’s monetary policy by influencing the monetary and credit conditions in the economy in pursuit of maximum employment, stable prices, and moderate long-term interest rates

• supervising and regulating banking institutions to ensure the safety and soundness of the nation’s banking and financial system and to protect the credit rights of consumers

• maintaining the stability of the financial system and containing systemic risk that may arise in financial markets

• providing financial services to depository institutions, the U.S. government, and foreign official institutions, including playing a major role in operating the nation’s payments system

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

What you are saying doesn't make a lot of sense to me at least, no offense.

Can you tell me how the FR put us in this position? Then we can go from there. AFAIK the only thing they have done is set interest rates incredibly low, which they should be.

They don't control the markets no matter what some internet sites would want you to believe.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I have read you post this nonsense before, and shame on me if I did not respond before.
The Federal Reserve is directed by, and composed of?
People.
The Federal Reserve does not get involved with politics if the people don't, but, guess what?
The people DO! The revolving door between the federal reserve and the federal government has been quite active for some time.
The federal reserve should have never been created. You have to know that. The U.S. government could have always printed up its own money.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

I'm not a FR sympathizer. All I am saying is direct me to where the FR has put us in this exact position.

You will be hard pressed to come up with actual facts. Not just statements based on half truths.

Sad to say but I trust Ben Bernanke x1000 over any member of congress -RP

I guess that makes me an idiot. So be it.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Congress is on the payroll of these parasites, friend.
You know the fed is made up of private bankers that have a monopoly on money printing. You know they get paid interest when they never really loaned MONEY. You know they funneled money overseas to other central banks putting Americans on the hook for these funds. You know they fund election and reelection campaigns, effectively eliminating representative government of,by, and FOR the people.
You do know this.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

They did what they had to do to ensure temporary overnight loans to banks.

These were mostly under 24 hour loans. AKA Emergency Overnight Loans.

The FR doesn't print money, the Treasury does.

It would probably interest you on how this whole process works - it is quite involved.

To learn more you should check this website out.. or others. Hopefully it will clear some questions up.

I know it is a lot to read and tougher to understand.. but

EDIT : Better organized link

edit on 6-8-2011 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I know how it works.
You seem tho think there is a difference between the government and the corporations that run it. You blame congress, the whores.
It is really not all that complicated and you know it. Monetary policy is a ponzi scheme and no matter how productive the people are, they will get robbed of their wealth and their resources. The world today is a testament to that.
The money doesn't become worthless because of the people, it becomes worthless because of government and monetary policy, and they are one and the same.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Actually, I think we got a few (new in 2010) politicians who ARE acting upon the 'will of the People.'

They are members of the Tea Party.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hey Dance4life Maybe you should watch this..

Then come back and tell us this video is FoS... I dare ya..

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

If it is a ponzi scheme how can we run surpluses? If we weren't spending an ungodly amount of money on

a) War on drugs
b) War on terrorism

I think we would be doing real well.

We are here because of a totally inept congress and the classic American consumer.

It really is the ordinary citizen's fault ( the housing bubble ) - but it is easier to blame politicians for making consumers take out a $600,000 loan on a $50,000 salary.

It is EVERYONE'S FAULT. No one is without blame. I am really getting tired of everyone blaming their problems on everyone else. It's getting old, I am sure you and others are frustrated as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join