It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Orange Goo Washes Up In Alaska Village

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Authorities say a mysterious orange-colored substance has washed up on the shores of a remote village in northwest Alaska.

Coast Guard Petty Officer David Mosely tells KTUU that it's not a petroleum substance and it's not man-made. Mitchell says the village is requesting that an algae expert from the University of Alaska Fairbanks investigate.

I dont know what in the hell this could be. If you want to read more about it go here : www.charter.net...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

Seems interesting some better pics will allow more interpretation for your thread as well.. she dipped her hand in the substance
??

Good catch
edit on 8/5/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It almost looks like natural Agent Orange. lol That's really weird though. Hopefully they find out what it is.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

edit on 5-8-2011 by BlesUTP because: nevermind

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Looks like algae. It's everywhere this year according to some tabloids and comes in a variety of colours. Norfolk Broads is coated right now, Beaches in Spain, and somewhere else (I forgot) where it was giving off poisonous gasses and killed some pigs.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wow very interseting, reminds me of the waste that comes out the mechs on war of the worlds. ha ha ha.
Surely got to be a type of seaweed no? maybe thawed out due to 'appartent' global warming?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Wow thats crazy. I wonder what it could be? Just another mystery of our earth. I am sure they will have some answers as to what it is after various tests. Or at least think they do.

City Administrator Janet Mitchell told The Associated Press that the substance has also shown up in some residents' rain buckets.

So its in the atmosphere as well? Someone stuck their hand in it so I guess we will see if it does anything.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I know what happened. Contaminated waters from Japan made its way to the coasts of Alaska and one night some drunk politician decides to stop having sex with the maid that he is cheating on his wife with. He then lights a copy of the Bill Of Rights to smoke, pulls down his Nazi Germany undies, and takes a piss in said contaminated lake, which then solidifies into a precipitate that is the orange fuzz goo.

Disclaimer: I have little to no knowledge of the following,
ocean currents,
corrupt politicians,
sensual second-wives,
Nazi underwear apparel,
scientific effects of urine and contaminated water,
Ciggarettes made of the Bill Of Rights,
beaches on or near Alaska,
orange fuzz goo.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Wow, thats pretty close to where i live. I actually been to that place a few times. Thanks for sharing this, i'll look more into it.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Aktulu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What gets me is the fact they found some of this crap in the peoples rain buckets. Now that doesn't make sense at all.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Don't touch it man! Didn't you dudes ever watch "THE BLOB"?!?!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineIntervention

I thought Agent Orange got its name because of the orange stripe that was on the container. There were also similar chemicals called Agent Purple and Agent Blue, too. Their names also had to do with the color of the container's stripe.
www.chacha.com...

The name came from the orange band used to mark drums.

Here's a lot of info from Wikipedia (for what its worth):
en.wikipedia.org...

It was given its name from the color of the orange-striped 55 US gallon (200 L) barrels in which it was shipped, and was by far the most widely used of the so-called "Rainbow Herbicides".[2]

and

The U.S. military began targeting food crops in October 1962, primarily using Agent Blue;

I'd never heard of "natural" Agent Orange. Can you provide a link to this?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
All right....

Who's the bonehead that dumped 6 billion barrels of Orange Crush into the ocean ?!

On a more serious note though, nature's flora reacting to a man-made substance/pollutant ?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
its the orange ivan ooze, the power rangers will be there shortly.
love, Zordon

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I agree that one of the more interesting components to this story is the claim that it is showing up in some rain collection containers as well. Are they water loving microbes in the air, or is it raining orange microbes? Certainly something to watch with interest - and perhaps concern?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I have a feeling that these kinds of stories, of new and "different" kinds of algae, fungus and what-have-you taking over large areas is going to become the norm.

Changes in climate create a different environment for new things to thrive that previously may have lingered on the sidelines. Couple that with increasing radiation contamination and solar/extraterrestrial changes and who knows what the consequences will be.

Be ready for an onslaught of weird science projects being undertaken by mother nature I say.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
holly ship i looked up the location of haarp base its right next to anchorage. deffinitly a connection and my recent post on a chinese hurracaine i beleive is produced by haarp, i feel this is a bi product of super heating a weapon to atttack china this is cool and that cia blimp falling out of the sky aswell when they officially test haarp they close down flight routes over parts of alaska i know because i studied these patterns before. serriously look up the location of Gakona harp base and anchorage there like a few clicks and beer cans down the road...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I had read about this story a day or so ago. It reminded me of an incident that was greatly talked about back in 1967. It is better known as "The Shag Harbor Incident" there are a few threads that have been created here on the ATS forums, but I guess what really caught my undivided attention was the fact that the locals buckets had this substance in them as well.

STRANGE FOAM SEEN ON THE WATER
"Ten minutes after it (the light bobbing on the water) went out, the two officers were at the site in a rowboat; a Coast Guard boat and six fishing boats also were on the scene. They found only patches of foam 30-40 yd. wide that the fishermen thought was not normal tide foam;" SOURCE: 1969 Condon Report (a report on Project Bluebook).
Lawrence Smith was one of the fishermen called upon to help with the rescue. "All we found was foam. There was a little smell, like sulphur, burnt sulphur. I've been fishing in that area for 45 years. I've never seen any foam like that ever on the water." SOURCE: a documentary titled "Shag Harbour UFO Incident" produced by Ocean Entertainment Ltd.
Norman Smith, another one of the rescuers, says "We came into this foam on the water. It was like orange foam that was on the water. Like bubbly foam. We circled the boat around, we came back into the foam. When we came back into it, I took a small dip net and dipped the dip net down into the water, right into the foam. When I pulled the dip net up out of the foam there was nothing. You couldn't see nothing, totally nothing on the dip net. I've been fishing all my life, and I never ever seen anything like that. I've been up rivers and on lakes, and out on ocean and never ever seen foam like that on the water." SOURCE: History Channel documentary titled "Canada's Roswell Mystery at Shag Harbour".

Shag Harbor Incident (Source)

Just a pondering thought of similarities...IMHO

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Just an update, RSOE reported another event in the same place, same stuff...but this time it was raining the substance. I wonder what it could be??
edit on 6-8-2011 by 7slinger because: typo

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimnal

Uh... Alaska's a little bit larger than you think. This village is 625-ish miles northwest of Anchorage. Anchorage is being used as a point of reference because "Nome" sounds like a mythological creature, and no one actually believes someone would name a town "Deadhorse."

My guess is, an algae of some sort, carried by spore on the wind. With the glaciers and permafrost in fast retreat, who knows what relic fungus and microbes might be blowing about.

Gonna look like a bog from the Miocene up there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join