It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does the frustration and anger over God come from ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It would seem that nothing sparks a heated debate such as the topic of God can do .

On one side you have those posting for God and on the other side you have those posting that only a fool would believe in a God .

Why is this ? Why would ones beliefs make another so angry to the point of attacking a person over what they believe ? ( comment mentioned for both sides )

It would seem that each side does nothing but fuel the others side preconceived notions and I really don't think either side realizes how pointless there debates end up being . Let's face it , you won't change anyones mind and the only ones you will ever look good to are those who already agree with you .

So why all this frustration over God ?

How about this , next time you want to tell others about God why not go to a country where you can actually lose something for preaching and share the good news ?

Or , if you are one of those against God and find yourself looking for a crowed to point out how silly they are for believing why not go to Mecca and share your thoughts and see how far you get ?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
because god has been behind many many deaths and atrocities in our world. this is no fault to god if he does exist, it is the fault of humans. nonetheless they murders were done in his name.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It's the fault of the Athiests for rejecting Christ's gift of salvation. This hardens their hearts and sin enters, you can see this easily from the anger and bitterness in their posts.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Amassuo

Really ? Perhaps another look at history would do us some good my friend . Incase you didn't know, there have been many people in power that had no belief of a God that did more then there fair share of killing .

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

yes but will everyone know this information? im not taking sides here, the fence.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
It's the fault of the Athiests for rejecting Christ's gift of salvation. This hardens their hearts and sin enters, you can see this easily from the anger and bitterness in their posts.

Sin effects all , not just atheists . Funny thing is though , both sides feel superior to the other . In fact I think I remember reading somewhere that pride is a very dangerous thing .

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
also i feel the material fed to children on television nowadays very much leads to athiesm, not saying thats good or bad, just noting the possibility that it occurs

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amassuo
also i feel the material fed to children on television nowadays very much leads to athiesm, not saying thats good or bad, just noting the possibility that it occurs

I will go one further , most of what is on TV makes people plain stupid and this crosses all boards .

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I think about this, often.

Legalistic evangelism from fundamentalism (any religion) generates much animosity-- I mean "law based," as in wanting to control society based on faith.

The concept of the "Prosperity Gospel" common among North American Christians generates much resentment toward God. If one hears "God will reward you if he likes you" and "God will punish you if he hates you" there is no room for evil, and assumes this world is just, that governments are righteous, and that people will think of others first. That not being the case... well, see my signature.

At base, I think, in western society and cultures, there is an increasing denial or ignorance of spiritual evil. The TV show House deals with this often-- the main character disparaging God and religious people because of the injustice he sees. But the Book of Job tells the same story, so it is not new. CS Lewis described this in his Screwtape Letters.

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It's usually something that gets developed in Childhood one way or another.

People have pretty strong views about things that get laid down in childhood.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

How about this , next time you want to tell others about God why not go to a country where you can actually lose something for preaching and share the good news ?

Or , if you are one of those against God and find yourself looking for a crowed to point out how silly they are for believing why not go to Mecca and share your thoughts and see how far you get ?

There you go Max. Even though your post points a finger in both directions, I see people lining up already in the same futile argument you talk about. Seems we have a bunch of arm-chair evangelizers.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Frira

I am sorry but I can't comment as I don't watch TV and I have no idea what "Prosperity Gospel" is nor do I know about the show house , wish I could comment .

One thing I do know though , not sure if this fits "Prosperity Gospel" or house , but all types of people can be a hypocrite , believers and non believers alike .

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

You ask where does the frustration come from. My answer is the same place the idea of God, Allah, ect came from, from within. For disclosure, just because I called it an idea, does nothing to disprove nor prove the existence of a God. In fact, I am very much partial to the idea of one main god. The confusion/ frustration comes from a mixture of ignorance and ego. It takes a lot of emotional dedication to adhere to a particular set of beliefs, and people don't like to be told they have been wasting their time. Clearly, the ego gets in the way and tells the conscious that it has made the right decision and will refuse any information that comes from a new (or old) source. This is where ignorance sets in, for if one only has one version of the story it is easily left up to interpretation.

Originally posted by Amassuo
because god has been behind many many deaths and atrocities in our world. this is no fault to god if he does exist, it is the fault of humans. nonetheless they murders were done in his name.

This is exactly right. However, one must always remember that bad things have been done in the name of pretty much all religions. It is not the concepts of religion that are causing the harm, it is the people's propensity, and lust for controversy & violence.

Originally posted by Partygirl

I'm not quite sure if this post contained sarcasm or not. While I am no atheist, i have known many and most were very pleasant individuals. If your post was being serious, I worry about your opinion being influenced by profiling and propagating an idea that implements an entire group of free thinkers, into the actions of a few. If we were to follow this route for all religions, all Christians would be Muslim killers, and vice-versa. I believe that adequately asserts my point.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I honestly think it comes from Disinformation, Confusion, Doubt and an unwillingness to accept that we are all looking at the same thing from a different perspective.

Either way, as long as we aren't aware of the over-ruling Lizards/Reptiles, and stay asleep, we'll be fine.

It also seems the idea of one God came from Ra, the Sun God.

I invite EVERYONE to have a read of Robert Morningsky's Terra Papers....

I have not come across such a well constructed history...even if an elaborate hoax, although I think it could be closer to the truth than most think.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

If I were to apply your opening comment to both camps , I would have to agree with you . Ones ego can run a muck and force people to fight with one another with the only goal being to feel better about them selves .

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
My opinion is that athiests are more aggressive about propagating their views on the net.

Then again, there are no door-to-door athiests so in the real world the religious win that award.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Never Despise because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Frustration and anger against God is NOT the same thing as frustration and anger against INSTITUTIONALIZED RELIGION ("Church")

In fact, most intelligent people who are openly angry when it comes to this may indeed have a belief of their own, and YES this can even include a "God" or creator, if you will - but this does not mean i have to follow and agree any doctrines and brain-washing from whatever religion.

Why i am personally angry and annoyed?

Because i think that many people totally MISS THE POINT when it comes to "being religious" and believing, they do nothing else than performing rituals (like going to church)...but their hearts and minds are STILL full of hate, violence and intolerance.

(You know how many child molesters, serial killers etc. had some significant positions within their "church"...A LOT!)

Furthermore i am angry since religious people are arrogant and ignorant. For THEM its more important to follow rules, read the bible, go to church..instead of starting to use your own brain and REALLY think what the actually message behind the beliefs really is. Attending church and singing songs does NOT make you a better person, i am afraid. There is MUCH more to it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Never DespiseThen again, there are no door-to-door athiests so in the real world the religious win that award.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Never Despise because: (no reason given)

Not totally true , we can count politicians in that camp as they are nothing but lying bastereds and they have gone door to door looking for followers .

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I just wish we could just "Agree to Disagree".

No one needs to follow my beliefs, but if they did I would welcome them. On the other hand if they chose not to follow my beliefs, I would not condemn them either nor will I evangelize to them. My beliefs tend to be self evident and one will find them if they search on their own.

Unfortunately most religions do not feel as I do, I think this is the point at which much of the frustration and anger comes in.

Most people become "hostile" when a belief system is forced upon them, and that is what most religious systems attempt to do. In fact the writings of the prophets/gods of most religions give instructions to do just this.
edit on 5-8-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I agree with much of what you say , hence my one challenge in the op .... " How about this , next time you want to tell others about God why not go to a country where you can actually lose something for preaching and share the good news ? "

As you say , there is much more to it then simply paying lip service . But when the goal is to simply look good to like minded people , then trumpeting ones beliefs on ATS will do , and the louder the better .

<<   2  3 >>

join