It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5k Zombie Run

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If you want a chance to test your zombie escaping skills, Reed Street Productions is putting on a zombie escape course in Baltimore.

5k Zombie Run

We’ve always been huge fans of zombie folklore and wanted to create a live-action experience that provides fans with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” said Ryan Hogan, managing member of Reed Street Productions. “For training, we recommend some running, along with in-depth studying of zombie movies — it’s not the fastest who will win, it’s the one that can best out-maneuver his foes.”

I would love to know who they are hiring for zombies.

I have bad knees and can't run, but I am considering trying this anyways.
What an interesting idea to also promote fitness too.

I think its a great idea. Who wants to join?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Sounds like a really good run! I would love to participate, but I don't know about travelling to Baltimore for a 5k? That is a long travel for a short run.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This sounds awesome, I would like to see a video of this when it actually plays out to see if it's even worth the trip....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Ah but its not just a run. And the article mentions with all the twists, turns and escapes, it could turn into 10k. And apparently there is an obstacle course in the end.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Hahaha, I can try to video tape what I can. Head cam anyone? But that will be a short vid before I am out. XD I might go to spectate.

I love how it is called, Run for you Lives.
edit on 3-8-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

The advertisement video looks decent I'm just not sure what the actual run would look like.... Any word on the prizes?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
That's a fantastic idea. Better than just a simple A to B race, and the fact that a super-fit athlete may be beaten by an overweight Sci-Fi freak makes it more enjoyable

link   
reply to post by jheated5

Prizes I don't know. that part isn't important to me, just bragging rights. But if I get any information I will let you know.

Its more like an obstacle course then a run, and apparently you have to hit all 12 man made or natural obstacles in order to get the prizes.

link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I think its a great idea. Who wants to join?

Oh man, I would SOOOOOO do that! Maybe they'll have one in Texas some day
If you go please get someone to take lots of pics and post them

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Nice, Baltimore is only about three hours north of me, count me in.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Nice. They've been doing this in Denver for a while now. There are even people dressed as victims who run away and eventually get eaten by the zombies.

The best part is when people dont know its a zombie walk. It really freaks them out

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

Maybe we can get a team going. That would be fun.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I just got wife's permission! If you get a team going, count me in!!

I forwarded your link to some other folks that like this kind of thing. It might be a whole lot of fun, especially if we get to meet up in real life.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I just got wife's permission! If you get a team going, count me in!!

I forwarded your link to some other folks that like this kind of thing. It might be a whole lot of fun, especially if we get to meet up in real life.

Let me know if you'd want me on the team! I'm 30 minutes away in Columbia, and run 5k's so I'd probably be pretty good at it.
edit on 3-8-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I bet if they added certain elements into the mix they could make a lot of money, some kind of fake gun play, or the ability to actually push the zombies off of you instead of having to let them grab you..... I'm sure you can hire a bunch of people who aren't turned off by being pushed around if they are going to be a zombie lol.....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Here’s an idea that will be easy on the knees. Register for the 5k. Get a camera and hang it around your neck and make a “Press Pass” to pin on to your shirt. Then just walk the course taking photos of the adventure.

When you cross the finish line, yell “YooHOO! I finished alive!”

The organizers will say that you cheated.

You can respond that people cheat death daily.

Then they will probably tell you that, “Well, we didn’t think people would cheat.”

Your response, “Well, that’s the point, Zombies don’t think.” The art of camouflage, like Bill Murray in ZombieLand.

By the way, are paint ball guns allowed?
Ya know? To kill the zombies.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
That would be a kick.

If they do one near me, I"d be in it to win it.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think it would be a lot more fun with at least a limited amount of defenses rather than having to just run...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Here is the promotional video - looks fun. I'll stand off in the bush's out of sight with some black market "health" flag replacements

edit on 8/3/2011 by hhcore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Awesome! We got a team. Anyone can join.

I do like the paintball idea. That would be fun. But since this seems to be the first event, they may be keeping it simple. But then who knows what is at the end.

Sure we will take you moss. Just don't make fun of your less athletic counterpart. XD

I will try getting in some kind of shape though.

I am in Catonsville, so your not that far away from me.
edit on 3-8-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join