It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new theory on how crop circles could be made

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
This is going to be a very short post as I am at work but have just had a thought about how crop circles could be made IF they are genuinely of alien origin.

There is a simple explanation, one that would explain the intricacy and the way the stalks have been known to bend at the knuckle which is the stongest part. Aliens do not even have had to actually visit Earth to create these crop circles.. the answer is this.

Beings on another planet have the technology to point a beam almost like our laser cutting technologies towards a location on Earth identified as being suitable. The beam uses a pre designed pattern on a computer to manipulate the plants internal construction and melt/ bend at a given point so as to make the plant 'lie down' rather than burn or snap. This process could be done form anywhere in the galaxy with telescope and laser technology powerful enough.

Doesn't this seem like a much more logical and likely explanation? The only other questions is: What are they trying to tell us? This thread may be helpful in answering that question

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Indulging your "IF"...

And I would find faults with your analysis of the stalks...

But IF... I get the feeling this would be a joke to them. Like all for the lulz.

"Hey Zorgon! Let's go fleeflorf this field with designs!"

And sure, your hypothesis is sound.

ETA: I don't think anyone is trying to tell us anything. The other thread us full of fallacies and people who I feel are new to the phenomena. They'll learn in time. Crop circles have been debunked and filed away in a large dusty warehouse of nothing.
edit on 1-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Thanks for your input. However, with the amount of power required to do something like this, and the nature of it. I highly doubt that they would do this 'for a laugh'.

The word 'IF' is crucial when discussing anything alien or UFO related in my opinion. The scientists have no more credibility on the subject than a normal everyday person therefore everything related to the subject is pure speculation and prediction.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I'm sure your theory has been thought of before, it at least sounds familiar. The thing with crop circles is many look so damn cool we want to believe they're alien in nature with some planet-saving message. Until we get some concrete proof I'll settle for the "drunken students with planks in the night" version.

If it was going on all over the world I may be less skeptical: www.cropcirclesandmore.com...

edit on 1-8-2011 by Ginga because: adding link

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Or maybe it is all the same ideas, they are just implemented differently?

How many people would you really need to make a crop circle of significant size?
Does prolonged use of the board with string technique create heat that would cause certain abnormalities to appear in the stalks?
Maybe even the "investigation" is part of the crop circle itself?
edit on 1-8-2011 by Timing because: To add more questions.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga
I'm sure your theory has been thought of before, it at least sounds familiar. The thing with crop circles is many look so damn cool we want to believe they're alien in nature with some planet-saving message. Until we get some concrete proof I'll settle for the "drunken students with planks in the night" version.

Have you ever been a drunk student? I have and I have known many. None that would have the skill in an inebriated state to pull off something so big, detailed and often symmetrical without being able to see it from the air.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

I also dismiss them all as planks and ropes.

I confess some of these are extremely elaborate and very beautiful however.

I especially enjoy the ones including mathematics and astronomy and the like. Cool stuff but...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

But then you must consider this:

If power is so critical to maintain, it would likely be better spent in an entirely different endeavor.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
If they're beaming something here from another planet, it would be coming in on a straight line. That would put a large constraint on what areas of the Earth could be affected from a given star system in the distance. And if they didn't hit a point normal to the surface, the circle would be skewed unless they knew what the skew would be and corrected for it. You'd also expect orbiting satellites or random space junk would occasionally get in the way, screwing up the pattern. In addition, there have been reports of light orbs, but not light beams. So overall, I think this is easily debunked.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Have you ever been a drunk student? I have and I have known many. None that would have the skill in an inebriated state to pull off something so big, detailed and often symmetrical without being able to see it from the air.

I've been drunk, but a student no. I agree, it certainly takes some planning and skill to pull this off. As Springheeledjack says some are really beautiful. But you have to wonder why so many are concentrated all around an area of England.

It's a craze, artists trying to outdo each other with more and more elaborate designs.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack

But then you must consider this:

If power is so critical to maintain, it would likely be better spent in an entirely different endeavor.

What other way could be better of communicating with a different planet without the technology to travel the distance? In a sense it is no different to us sending radio signals their way hoping we will receive a message back. It's quite naive to think that they will have radio technology just because we have. I'm sure there are countless other methods of communication which we are yet to discover and some that we never will.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Sure, I suppose. You're correct in your observation of my being too..."humanizing" of any potential aliens. I would think that an advanced race would be able to analyze us and know how to communicate (tv. etc). That said, it may be no easier than a human communicating to an ant.

Good point.
edit on 1-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
If they're beaming something here from another planet, it would be coming in on a straight line. That would put a large constraint on what areas of the Earth could be affected from a given star system in the distance. And if they didn't hit a point normal to the surface, the circle would be skewed unless they knew what the skew would be and corrected for it. You'd also expect orbiting satellites or random space junk would occasionally get in the way, screwing up the pattern. In addition, there have been reports of light orbs, but not light beams. So overall, I think this is easily debunked.

This is quite an ignorant attempt at debunking. You are of course basing this on known technology. Even without unknown technologies, a sustained beam would, over the right period of time overcome the space junk problem. You answered the problem to skewing yourself. Finally the constraints on where on earth it could be directly have just been answered by another member. Many of them are in England.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
i feel that all will be revealed come the day one gets recorded being made, would be insane to witness one just happening out of nowhere (orbs optional), or at least just to see the techniques of these elusive drunken-student-artist-hipsters.

even as a 'believer', i have to lean towards the art scene craze theory. i mean, people do pretty crazy stuff in the name of renegade expression/competition/aspiring to be the next 'banksy'/whatever so it's by all means probably the most rational theory in basic human terms.

As an alternative theory from the more paranoid end of things, what if it's a form of psychological study initiated by TPTB, to test the publics reactions in order to gauge stuff like consensus trends/denial rate/perceived fallibility of internet hype etc; in preparation for disclosure or aversion thereof? would kinda make sense in many ways, definitely opens up a lot of implications over project blue beam etc.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Can't be certain since I've never seen one of these plant bending lasers in action, but I believe that even a laser of this type would have to obey the rules of physics. i.e. it would only travel at the speed of light. So the aliens would have to plot precisely where their target crop field on Earth would be in the universe years after when they fired the beam. Then the beam would eventually get to Earth (many many years later) and carve out a design in a field that may or may not still exist. Just don't think it's feasible or practical.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Yes, crop circles have no meaning.

And my avatar was not created by living beings with knowledge of the Flower of Life.

The majority of crop circles are made by people, it is a great form of guerilla art - though it has given people with a closed mind plenty of reason not to take the phenomena any more seriously than that.

There are several crop circles with deep meanings behind them, from astronomical down to a molecular level. I don't care if it is E.T or a human making the ones I speak of, I would just like to sit down with them and have a chat about a couple of things (though I'm sure I'd be getting in the back of a long line with a lot of angry wheat farmers)

edit on 1-8-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Advanced alien species capable of interstellar space travel comes thousands of lightyears to another planet and decides the best way to contact the life on this planet is to draw pretty shapes in corn fields....yeah ok.

How much confirmation of hoaxes do you guys need before you start to wake the hell up and accept that crop circles have always been man made.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Video 6 on this thread also agree's with you. Check it out.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's called the flower of life.

edit on 1-8-2011 by Samuelis because: forgot to add video

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Very interesting. Someone recently told me they read...

We are looking at crop circles all wrong.

They are not extra-terrestrials trying to get messages to humans on Earth.

It is Earth trying to communicate with the extra-terrestrials.

The Earth itself, a living breathing organism, or possibly "guardian" type sub-terrains FROM EARTH are creating the crop circles ...as a way of COMMUNICATING WITH ALIENS or other "off planet species" who these messages and symbols actually do mean something to.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Crop circles have been debunked and filed away in a large dusty warehouse of nothing.

That is only in your mind.

Many people have researched and proved a supernatural element to many of them.

Man made crop circles have the stalk broken and many of these more elaborate and complicated designs do not, so I beg to differ.

And isn't that what this wonderful forum is all about? Dissenting opinion... a beautiful thing.

##SNIP##

edit on 1-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join