It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7/31/2011 -- California Pisgah Volcanic venting -- FINALLY captured ON CAMERA...??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

some girls went up to see if they could get the pisgah volcano venting on camera. They caught something that does look like steam coming out of the ground

i don't know why they didn't get video, only stills

and if this was venting, it was quite small compared to the the other supposed venting seen on radar

thoughts?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
where's the original YT vid he's talking about ??

2nd

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Oh by jings I am all over the shop today, too much coffee.

Anyway, I tried an embed but it didn't do it for me.

youtube video of original

edit on 1/8/2011 by tinfoilSIB because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/8/2011 by tinfoilSIB because: embed didnt work, blah blah

edit on 1/8/2011 by tinfoilSIB because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/8/2011 by tinfoilSIB because: arrrrrg

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

original video....Dutch showed the important parts in his vid. Go to about 4:00 mark

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

LOL I'm sorry, is that seriously a youtube video of a youtube video??

Not picking on the OP
just the person who made a youtube vid of a youtube vid

I'm actually Thanking the OP for bringing it to me
S&F

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It's a shame they wasted their time filming their wee journey and only got pics of the "plume". Would have liked to have seen it on film, not just as a pic.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilSIB

yeah, that seems strange to me. i could have done without the music montage.

so what did you think about the pics? plume?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This link will help explain what's going on out there.

poleshift.ning.com...

No indications of anything erupting out there.

Sorry

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
To be honest, I have taken a back seat with the whole Dutch plume thing. If indeed there is something going on then I find it quite hard to believe that scientists are involved in a "cover-up".

It's very simple for people to connect dots that aren't there in this cyber world and some take a different approach to how they distinguish between fact and fiction.

Again, as I said and you agreed, I find it strange that we get a wee road trip, with background music, but all of a sudden all we get is a pic. Which offers the option now for "picture alteration". Yes I do know that "video alteration" is easily done also, but this to me is strange.
Also I would add that I have thought about the possible fact that their camera ran out of video space and they had to switch to photo mode, that is an option. Given that the plume suddenly plume'd, would they have had time to delete any video so they could capture the plum?

I aint no scientist so I will leave it at that before someone decides to give me a hard time, that wont be accepted with grace.

Yarrdy yarr and peace out

SIB

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilSIB
To be honest, I have taken a back seat with the whole Dutch plume thing. If indeed there is something going on then I find it quite hard to believe that scientists are involved in a "cover-up".

It's very simple for people to connect dots that aren't there in this cyber world and some take a different approach to how they distinguish between fact and fiction.

Again, as I said and you agreed, I find it strange that we get a wee road trip, with background music, but all of a sudden all we get is a pic. Which offers the option now for "picture alteration". Yes I do know that "video alteration" is easily done also, but this to me is strange.
Also I would add that I have thought about the possible fact that their camera ran out of video space and they had to switch to photo mode, that is an option. Given that the plume suddenly plume'd, would they have had time to delete any video so they could capture the plum?

I aint no scientist so I will leave it at that before someone decides to give me a hard time, that wont be accepted with grace.

Yarrdy yarr and peace out

SIB

The guy is still living in his mummy's trailer for christ's sakes. And he is the source we get our info from ? Good lord, we might as well get it from a monkey in the zoo. Sad but true

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

lol, that pretty much sums it up.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
First I'd like to say that I'd love this to be true, I love volcanos & this one looks in a relatively harmless location.

My observations are though that this possible steam venting (why also are they only still of this ?) could be like what we also get in the Australian outback. Its very similar terrain & temperature, & I have seen scores of 'dust devils' (or whatever you choose to call them) kick up out of nowhere, no obvious wind gusts, & die just as quick. They kick up a heap of dust & sand in a second & considering they frequently dont stick around long enough to form a cone, the dust kicked up looks just like this.

The 2nd video inside the crater is more interesting, maybe the girls in the 1st video can go investigate & see if those rocks were actually moved recently or sometime in the past.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I don't think that is stea, but dust devils. Thats why there are stills and no video. I'm even bet someone has sent Dutch some video and there's nothing going on. He refuses to believe it and will continue to stick to the theory that there is steam. The USGS has already come out and said it was dust devils.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
1- Dust devil, not even a good one. If it had been a steam vent, the steam would have floated much higher, (and kept on rising.)
2- Dust from a car on a dirt road. Note the fact that the dust stays parallel to the ground.
3- Partial collapse of lava dome or lava tubes does not qualify for a steam eruption.
4- No sign of water or calcite or even steam around 'vent'.

I have all of these terrain and environmental features less than an hour from where I live. Google: Kilburn Hole.
I live near a desert and as a soldier I have been in the 29 Palms region for training, as well as the deserts around Fort Bliss in Texas. (Need I add in the trips to Kuwait and Iraq?) I've seen hundreds of dust devils and I've driven down more dusty roads than I care to think about.

There is no seismic data to even hint that the region is waking up.
There are no reports of towering water geysers from the park rangers/state troopers and or police, much less any trained observers.
No reported odd smells that might be attributed to a geyser or even steam in the region. In the desert where temperatures hit above 120 that much water vapor or even rain could be smelled for miles.

Bad science does not equal active volcanoes.

M.

edit on 1-8-2011 by Moshpet because: Life, the universe and everything. 42.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

What would it matter where he lives? that is a poor attempt at discrediting him.

So everyone who lives in a trailer or with his mom is like a monkey at the zoo?

I believe he actually lives in a house with his girlfriend. there were a few videos that show that

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
That looks like the town of Ludlow right across I-40 from 29 Palms training grounds. Not route 66 idiot

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

The guy is still living in his mummy's trailer for christ's sakes. And he is the source we get our info from ? Good lord, we might as well get it from a monkey in the zoo. Sad but true

Perhaps my disillusionment is showing too much, but I think we'd be more likely to get a heads up from a primate and not the MSM.

'

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

cool ~! thx for taking the time to find it~! your awesome.. i'll check it out in a sec..

2nd to be sure

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
EDIS Number: EQ-20110802-206328-US Common Alerting Protocol
Magnitude: 2.3
Mercalli scale: 1
Date-Time [UTC]: 02 August, 2011 at 19:27:02 UTC
Local Date/Time: Monday, August 01, 2011 at 19:27 in the evening at epicenter
Depth: 17.70 km (11.00 miles)
Region: North America
Distances: 4.82 km (3.00 miles) S of Pisgah, California
ya that would be the area in general,,,,,,yaaaaaaaaa okkkkkkkkkkkkk,,