It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China says Xinjiang attack linked to Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
old.news.yahoo.com...

BEIJING (AFP) – A deadly weekend attack in China's restive Xinjiang region was masterminded by "terrorists" trained in Pakistan, the local government said Monday.

Fourteen people were killed in two attacks at the weekend in the ancient Silk Road city of Kashgar, and five alleged attackers were in turn shot dead by police in the wave of violence.

Another link to Pakistan? Ive lost track of how much stuff has been linked to Pakistan recently.

I think there was another "attack" last month in the same region. From what I gather from the few articles, these attacks are somewhat ethnic related.

More links.

washingtonexaminer.com...

[url]http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics/nation/china-blames-xinjiang-attack-on-pakistan-trained-terrorists/articleshow/9439800.cms[/url ]

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

didn't China back up Pakistan recently when we started rattling our swords at them over the whole Osama thing. Now they are also getting attacked by extremist how very convenient.
edit on 1-8-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Yes, they made a statement to the u.s here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

So how long before Russia, China, India and the United States hold hands and stomp on Pakistan together. Would be a hell of a way to spend some bonding time together. Pakistan is going to find itself in an irreversibly sticky situation shortly if it can't contain itself.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
china won't put up with this crap.

they think the internet is a threat, let alone foreigners killing their people.

racial profiling on steroids there, i bet.

hey, it's someones son, dad, brother or cousin or friend doing this.

"heck andy, i didn't know!!"

ya, ok barney.

actually china is keeping it low key.

the han people are doing some defense strategies and the streets are deserted in kashgar.

it could blow up anytime and it won't be the hans this time that get the short end of the stick.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Some people have been quite dismissive of me when I have stated that despite the normal public political rhetoric behind closed doors China is actually quite supportive of US policy in Pakistan.

Both China and Russian have their own problems with Islamic extremists some of whom have links to Pakistani training camps and The Taliban.

If there are many more instances like this then China may go public in their support of the US etc and would not be bothered at all about world opinion if they decided to take retaliatory action.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

Bein Russian intelligence has been linked to the explosion outside the US embassy in Georgia I wouldnt hold my breath anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Some people have been quite dismissive of me when I have stated that despite the normal public political rhetoric behind closed doors China is actually quite supportive of US policy in Pakistan.

Both China and Russian have their own problems with Islamic extremists some of whom have links to Pakistani training camps and The Taliban.

If there are many more instances like this then China may go public in their support of the US etc and would not be bothered at all about world opinion if they decided to take retaliatory action.

Recently Pakistan ceded some territory in Kashmir to China (contrary to the news China also has a part of Kashmir, however they ave been able to remain outside of the India - Pakistan issue).

This wast 6-12 months back...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
old.news.yahoo.com...

BEIJING (AFP) – A deadly weekend attack in China's restive Xinjiang region was masterminded by "terrorists" trained in Pakistan, the local government said Monday.

Fourteen people were killed in two attacks at the weekend in the ancient Silk Road city of Kashgar, and five alleged attackers were in turn shot dead by police in the wave of violence.

Another link to Pakistan? Ive lost track of how much stuff has been linked to Pakistan recently.

I think there was another "attack" last month in the same region. From what I gather from the few articles, these attacks are somewhat ethnic related.

More links.

washingtonexaminer.com...

[url]http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics/nation/china-blames-xinjiang-attack-on-pakistan-trained-terrorists/articleshow/9439800.cms[/url ]

What exactly is your point if you don't know what is going on over there???

Why is everyone commenting on stuff that has nothing to do with this little story???

Inquiring minds want to know...

Seriously...

Lots of other more important stuff going on in the world if you ask me...

Get real...

Please...
edit on 1-8-2011 by metaldave because: spelling

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldave

And why are you so interested and concerned about what other people are commenting on or discussing?

If I'm not interested in something I simply don't comment on it, who am I to comment on or judge other people?

So what exactly is your problem?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
pakistan is the next logical place for china to expand into....

new topics

top topics

join