It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, Congress Reach a Debt Deal

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Personally, I hope this fails.

Honestly, did anyone else think it coincidence that they would wait until the last minute to strike a bipartisan deal? Wow, who would have thought. I mean the debt issue has only been going on for years and decades with government spending out of control, but the masses are too dumb to rise up as long as uncle sam keeps giving them theirs.

My thought that this was planned. It was made to look like there was this vast divide and that nobody could give in. Why do this? To wear the citizens down. How many people were at the point of saying, "just put something on the table." I call it desensitizing and the media and puppet masters play it well.

You know Ron Paul has it right; default is coming. Increasing the debt cap is so not the solution. But, how can you cut these precious entitlement programs that have garnered both side of the isle much needed votes and campaign contributions in the past. Not to mention the $$$$ of lobbyists.

Our politicians just aren't serious about cutting anything. What's in this 'deal'? Oh, recommendations to cut 1 trillion dollars. Nothing set in stone. They could recommend all they want but it doesn't have to happen! So, what is this deal really: nothing more than an increase to the debt ceiling with higher taxes (panel recommendation) coming. You think I'm wrong, I'll guess we'll all have to wait and see but I hope someone digs this thread up when it happens to prove that it was stated that it would happen in this thread.

True tea party believers know that this is a junk bill whose only purpose is for those blowhards like McConnell, Reid, Boehner, Obama to walk up to a podium with their thumb in the air and a big, fake smile on their face telling the moronic masses that they were able to "compromise" on behalf of the American people. Bullocks!

God, I really hate the way our government works: FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE. Nothing real, nothing of any substance. And the people who dare to actually do something like Ron Paul, are made out to be a gadfly.

Really?

Again, I ask my fellow members: Just how much more are you willing to take up the rear before you finally decide to wake up. Join a tea party group. Vote all the bums out of office.

This will be the downfall of America. The empire has no clothes anymore.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
A 'historic' agreement in which we will save money in the future by increasing our debt limit now. Explain to me how that works exactly.

Also, incoming hyper inflation.

I really just wish they would let this all collapse. But they won't.

Manufacture crisis. People beg for solution. Create 'solution' that gives you more control.

Let me know when it is time to rise up and hang these criminals for treason, until then I have no hope for society..

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

Yes. Whenever real world solutions are brought up, they are quickly removed from the debate.
Well now, that sounds familiar. Cut, Cap & Balance was passed in the House of Representatives
with - bipartisan - support. 234 votes

-----
It arrives in the U.S. Senate and it is - quickly tabled - by the dictator Harry Reid.

-------------
We may need divine intervention to fix this mess.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by Eurisko2012

While they are at the "cutting out pork"...cutting back to one war at a time should save a few trillion.

Why are we at war???

Oh right, gotta protect those Afgan poppy fields so the CIA can continue making big bucks importing the illegal drugs to Amerika
edit on 1-8-2011 by romanmel because: typo

Actually I think they are getting the Russians really really high, just like we did with the Chinese with the opium trade from Turkey.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
"(CNSNews.com) - The bill to increase the federal debt limit that has been put before Congress today would increase that limit by up to $2.4 trillion, which would be the largest increase in the debt limit in U.S. history by a margin of half a trillion dollars, according to records published by the Government Accountability Office and the Congressional Research Service."

www.cnsnews.com...

Are these people out of their freaking minds? This bill does more harm than good. It is like they are terrorists trying to destroy America. Who is Al-Qaeda anyways?
edit on 1-8-2011 by Stargate2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by misfitofscience
Your countries debt deal is a joke, all it does is postpone things until November. Ridiculous, and If I lived in your country I'd be compelled to do something about it!

Come on over.

No one here has the guts to do anything... except bitch.

Speak for yourself. Not ATS, and not America. What we do is what can be done, despite the misgivings of many, there is always hope. And while we have been usurped and overrun with people in power who lack the shame gene, we are not beyond remedying this situation. Repetitively speaking, it's not about the capability, but the will to do what needs doing.

As the old saying goes, "The proof is in the pudding."

Where are the crowds in the streets protesting? Where are the activists demanding the prosecution of the despots in charge? Where are the Patriots?

"Will" accomplishes nothing without action.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
All Obama did is buy himself time until the 2012 election cycle is over. That's all. He will no longer have this distraction hanging around his neck.

Time for the passage of a Balanced Budget Amendment before the next goon takes the helm in the Oval Office. This kind of political tom foolery should never happen again.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Maybe the Tea Party members will head back to the congressional prayer room.
It's next to the rotunda of the capitol building.
-----------
It's time for divine inspiration.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

-----------

A wise suggestion.

Prayer changes things.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

I guess there will be a big disaster coming soon that they're gonna blow the money on. That's when the real s**t starts to fly

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

-----------

A wise suggestion.

Prayer changes things.

I wonder what God is thinking right now?
He has been here all along.
Somebody better do something. This is a financial disaster.
Help!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

No need to fret. This is one of those things mortal man cannot change.

The economy is DOA whether they increase the debt or not, IMO.

It is far too late to do anything to reverse the inevitable collapse of the currency.

All we can do is PREPARE...Water, food, shelter to help our loved ones survive.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

ok missed that one so where does the government send a homeless persons ss check?

To his family. I have an uncle that's 100% medically disabled due to some chemicals that he worked with in the army that killed a lot of brain cells. Now he can't work, refuses to stay home, and lives on the street. My grandmother still gets his checks to this day.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

yep im evil i support those people that every american president has used since the creation of this country

i dont beleive in leavin their butts hanging out to dry especially when there are no jobs to even be had here

yesssssssssssss i am evil incarnate!
edit on 31-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Do you realize that the military has been downsizing since like 2005? Why?... not because of budget issues, but because more money is being spent of weapons systems that are not needed. So cutting the military budget isn't going to put us DoD employees out of work... rather it's going to stop these commanders from spending the excess $500,000 that the squadron has simply because it's the end of the year and there's so much left over in the budget. Every single year that I've worked for DoD we get to this fiscal year end and all you hear is "tell us what you want so we can get it before the FY ends", and "if we don't spend this money then they'll lower our budget for next year". That in my opinion is a form of fraud waste and abuse that can easily be taken out from every squadron, unit, and company to make up for that 5 billion dollar cut.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Yeah thier deal was to raise the debt ceiling and claim they were lifting the cloud of debt.... Why anyone believes this crap is beyond me... They have been saying and doing the same thing for 40 years. Anyone remember the Graham Rudman act? That was supposed to force congress to balance the budget decades ago... This is completely laughable and they herald it as a great accomplishment when it is nothing but more of the same BS empty promises to cut spending while they continue to deficit spend and increase the debt so they can spend more.

It ensures also that we will not face this same kind of crisis again in six months, or eight months, or12 months. And it will begin to lift the cloud of debt and the cloud of uncertainty that hangs over our economy.”www.washingtonpost.com...

Yeah right and if you believe that I have some Florida everglades land I'd like to make you a good deal on... Why anyone believes a word that comes out of these lying scumbags mouths is really amazing....

edit on 1-8-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Shackling future generations with monstrous debt and liabilities is tantamount to selling them into tax slavery.

We live in a sick society where selling our children into debt/tax slavery is a more acceptable outcome than having to deal with the harsh reality of the present situation. Let someone else deal with it.

Us taxpayers give them whatever they ask. Hoping and wishing that they will be responsible with it is frivolous.

As for adopting the ways of the State has provided for remedying the evil, I know not of such ways. They take too much time, and a man's life will be gone. Statesmen and legislators, standing so completely within the institution, never distinctly and nakedly behold it. They speak of moving society, but have no resting-place without it.

If a thousand honest men were not to pay their tax this year, that would not be a violent and bloody measure, as it would be to pay them, and enable the state to commit violence and shed innocent blood. This is, in fact, the only definition of a peaceable revolution, if any such is possible.

If we really demand responsibility, then it begins with your wallet and mine; Not in DC.
edit on 1-8-2011 by METACOMET because: sp

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I can't wait for the military coup to happen. Then the jack offs in Washington who are deliberately trying to destroy America will in for a shocker.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Cloward and Piven couldn't have designed all of this any better.

...............Back to the $2 Trillion that Obama is being handed. I honestly think that most people in this country have no understanding of simple counting numbers. Do you not understand how much a trillion is? Where do you think this money is going to come from -- who has two trillion dollars to loan us?

China? Nope. Not even close. China's entire GDP is only $6 Trillion. Do you honestly think that China is going to loan us one third of their total annual economic production? China was a huge creditor to us back when $100 Billion was considered a staggeringly large amount of money - which was four years ago. Now $100 Billion is literally a rounding error.

Do you realize that there are only a handful of nations of this planet that even have a GDP in excess of $2 Trillion? If these countries loaned us every penny of their GDP, it wouldn't even be $2 Trillion: Canada ($1.57 T) India ($1.54 T) Russia ($1.46 T) Are you starting to understand the scope of what we are talking about now? Obama is going to embezzle considerably more than the entire economic output of Canada, India or Russia to his cronies before the 2012 election -- and that is just counting this round of spending. This doesn't include the other $5 Trillion he has already burned through since 2009.

China is not going to lend us this money because they simply don't have anything close to that much money to lend. This $2 Trillion is going to come from the Federal Reserve. Where is the Federal Reserve going to get $2 Trillion? They are going to print it out of thin air. We are in the midst of the largest currency debasement ever seen in human history. There is only one result that can come of currency debasement: hyperinflation and total economic and societal collapse.

www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
I can't wait for the military coup to happen. Then the jack offs in Washington who are deliberately trying to destroy America will in for a shocker.

I believe in the coming months....we will be seeing major protest marches...in the United States....and I think some extremists may go too far in other areas.....the outlook is bleak. My intuition tells me that there are some people who are planning a major protest march on the White House.....

Will someone please tell me what exactly the hidden agendas are?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Cloward and Piven couldn't have designed all of this any better.

Yes, redistribution of wealth... only it is given to banks and corporations that are already filthy rich, and more likely to invest it in offshore accounts and outsourcing programs. The FED Audit

"As a result of this audit, we now know that the Federal Reserve provided more than $16 trillion in total financial assistance to some of the largest financial institutions and corporations in the United States and throughout the world,"...
Among the investigation's key findings is that the Fed unilaterally provided trillions of dollars in financial assistance to foreign banks and corporations from South Korea to Scotland

Like I mentioned earlier, I haven't done any sort of serious math since my college days, but the Federal Reserve has already printed out $16 trillion to hand out to banks and corporations (many of them foreign). Now, the total U.S. debt is $14 trillion... my calculus and algebra algorithmic formulas may be long forgotten, but $16 - $14 = the entire debt eliminated.

the Billmeister

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join