It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moody's Releases Statement On Potential Outomes In US AAA Review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
This is serious stuff folks.
www.zerohedge.com...
"As to the longer-term outlook on the rating, the limited magnitude of current deficit reduction proposals suggest that even a timely increase in the debt ceiling will lead to the assignment of a negative outlook on the rating".

The US dollar is in it's death throws, even if they extend the debt ceiling, all they are doing is putting off the inevitable, which is only going to make things worse, if thats even possible! At some stage they (The US)are going to have to front up with the goods, this is defacto default.
I say it again - This is serious folks.
Get out of paper and invest in assets, tangable goods, if not gold, buy silver TSHTF scenario is here...

edit on 31-7-2011 by Mythkiller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

We need to reduce government. NOW.

I know this'll be the perfect excuse to increase government and government entitlements, but this is something we have to fight.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

We need to reduce government. NOW.

I know this'll be the perfect excuse to increase government and government entitlements, but this is something we have to fight.

I wonder how many people share this exact mindset... Reduction of government... Sounds like 'chaos' on the streets soon to me.

The dominoes are falling faster.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

The only chaos would be in the offices of D.C.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I agree that this is a serious issue that must be dealt with immediatly, but I don't think this is a SHTF scenario as you describe it.

The damned politicians will eek out a deal in the last minute and prolong the SHTF for just a little longer. I don't see any riots in the streets yet, so I wouldn't be going to any extremes quite yet!
edit on 31-7-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Thats all I am saying, They will only succeed in prolonging the inevitable...kicking the can down the road so to speak.
You may not see riots in the streets but that is a latter result, the more immediate result is institutions dropping and divesting from the dollar like it's a hot potato, this is the snowflake thats starts rolling down the hill expanding exponentially,
I say it again - this is serious.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Until that chaos trickles down the pecking order to the peons, no?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

the more immediate result is institutions dropping and divesting from the dollar like it's a hot potato, this is the snowflake thats starts rolling down the hill expanding exponentially,

I believe that's been happening for a while now. The worst investment right now is US $ and government bonds.

Many others have spoken of this for some time now. You are correct that the snowballing is in full effect but we still have a couple more hurdles to cross before TSHTF.

Don't pay attention to gold or silver for any sort of idea on how the market is doing and I even think that would be a bad investment. Food and housewares are what we need to be buying! Precious metals will have little value when your more concerned with how you will either eat or wipe your backside!
edit on 31-7-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join