It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Memorial Ceremony 2011: An "all-star line-up" of guests--and a look at who's been excluded

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

The photos will make Bush and Obama look like they really care and give the impression that the party lines are lifted in times of tragedy. Nice political strategy, Obama. Two peas in a pod.

Well lets see photos of the previous 9 years when they didn't seem to care.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Well lets see photos of the previous 9 years when they didn't seem to care.

Oh, they cared....they just had other plans those years. Bush was on vacation at his ranch riding his jack ass and Obama was tied up on the campaign trail telling voters across the land how he'd never heard of the North American Union and how Council on Foreign Relations was just a group that gets together to talk about world issues.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I believe it is really repulsive that Bush and Obama would dare to show up at ground zero, considering how well they all covered up the 911 False Flag. These politicians think they have fooled everyone, they have not.

Being an American I find it hard to hold my head up to the corruption and humiliation of the Bush and Obama administration, as if pretending they are completely innocent.
My opinion is the Bush administration being involved in helping to pull off 911 and using the FBI to cover up their treasonous crime and the Obama administration refusal to do a new investigation, which makes his administration accomplices in helping to bury the truth to what really happened that day.

I wouldn’t be surprised if most of the surviving families would not want to sit in the same room with the very people who have covered up the events of 911.
The 9/11 Memorial Plaza should have had its opening with the family members of slain victims, these are the people who really care to what happened to the 911 victims and this country, not Bush or Obama.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

I believe it is really repulsive that Bush and Obama would dare to show up at ground zero, considering how well they all covered up the 911 False Flag. These politicians think they have fooled everyone, they have not. Being an American I find it hard to hold my head up to the corruption and humiliation of the Bush and Obama administration, as if pretending they are completely innocent. My opinion is the Bush administration being involved in helping to pull off 911 and using the FBI to cover up their treasonous crime and the Obama administration refusal to do a new investigation, which makes his administration accomplices in helping to bury the truth to what really happened that day.

Ditto.

Yes, one of many defects within the current administration......Obama's actions and/or lack thereof do nothing to make him look better than the last bunch we had in office. All he does, the longer it continues, is prove beyond any doubt that there are powers greater than he in charge. So many people try to put blame on him for the state of the country and for what people potentially see in the future.....as if Obama even has a damn thing to say about anything. That's the joke.....that's the biggest laugh on America of them all....

Obama has rarely even spoken a word about 9/11 except for when he used it to play on the sympathy of the public when he announced the already dead Osama bin Laden was proclaimed dead again at his direction. He's a boob. Seriously......

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
Yeah, I find it ridiculous that Mayor Bloomberg says the reason they aren't going to have any of these people give speeches is because this ceremony "isn't about politics" and that "speeches aren't appropriate."

REALLY?

Sounds to me like they just want to create a nice photo op, spew some "poems and quotes" written by other people, and pacify the victims' family members, then get the HELL out of there. They don't want to address the crowd because these cowards probably can't even look these family members in the face. Not to mention the fact that if they stick around too long, they might have to see the look of disdain in some of these people's eyes.

The photos will make Bush and Obama look like they really care and give the impression that the party lines are lifted in times of tragedy. Nice political strategy, Obama. Two peas in a pod.

Yep, you nailed it.

I'm almost certain the ceremony will be even more absurd and shallow than I expect.

Edit to add: My sentiments exactly regarding forces larger than Obama. The Bin Laden fiasco sealed that deal.

I think it would make a pretty impressive statement if all families invited failed to show. That would certainly muck up "their" grand plans for the day and at least one media outlet would have to follow up with questions as to why no-one showed. Making these yahoos look awkward and small in front of a televised audience of millions would be minimally satisfying.

Tangent: Where are the proceeds from the Memorial going?

edit on 8/1/2011 by HolographicPrincipal because: additional blathering

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
Obama's actions and/or lack thereof do nothing to make him look better than the last bunch we had in office. All he does, the longer it continues, is prove beyond any doubt that there are powers greater than he in charge. So many people try to put blame on him for the state of the country and for what people potentially see in the future.....as if Obama even has a damn thing to say about anything. That's the joke.....that's the biggest laugh on America of them all....

I concur about the powers greater than he...however, at the most basic level he just appears to me to be in over his head, but far too arrogant to admit it (like his predecessor). His adolescent tantrums, walk-outs, and truculence have been infuriating to watch - even though I know it's all a dog-and-pony show. At the end of the day, though, it's the arrogance that has always put me off him. No matter how he tries to hide it (not very well), it reeks.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
the survivors being excluded is bull I mean seriously they were the ones who went thru and survived it and 10 yrs later is kind of a big deal, I just hope the terrorists dont decide to try something on the day they got some screwed up views and may just launch something for the significance of the day

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join