It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Memorial Ceremony 2011: An "all-star line-up" of guests--and a look at who's been excluded

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I think they should have a guest speaker, how about Dr. Judy Wood.

AND you can imagine what the MSM is going to do to it.

What a charade, a lot of politicians spewing BS, its an absolute shame.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

What does Obama really have to do with 9/11?

Why should even one survivor be left out so he can attend?

Just another PR stunt IMO, he's already on the campaign trail..

Of course, if he didn't attend, you could then say doesn't respect the enormity of situation. So you win either way.

I notice you have no problems with Bush attending. Funny that.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Who said they had no problem with Bush attending?
edit on 30-7-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

That man has gonads the size of an entire continent even showing his face at something like this.
edit on 30-7-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

I think they should have a guest speaker, how about Dr. Judy Wood.

No, no, no, DownunderET, remember what Mayor Bloomberg said: This is not about politics, so speeches are inappropriate at this event.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Great OP , NightGypsy .. I can't wait to see the outcome of this 9/11 Memorial Ceremony 2011.
It should very interesting to hear the speeches that will be made by governmental leaders.
Thank you for the info !!

edit on 31-7-2011 by mizarx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mizarx

Thank you, Mizarx....

And I must say, that avatar of yours is quite intriguing.....lol

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
reply to post by Anoynymoose

We are ALL VICTIMS of the 911 tragedy... are you kidding me?

Yes, I also believe we are All victims of 9/11 !! I think any and everyone should be able to join this Ceremony !! I seek the truth of this terrible act against my country !! I feel like this is some kind of JFK coverup in some ways. Seems like no one will ever know the truth ,even though we have seen it with are own eyes. Peace
edit on 31-7-2011 by mizarx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by mizarx

Thank you, Mizarx....

And I must say, that avatar of yours is quite intriguing.....lol

Thank you , NightGypsy !!
The background reminds me of a colorful heart beat... LOL

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Doing things like this leads one to think thats its all part of the process of shutting the whole 911 thing down. 911's purpose is just about spent now.

Their is a paralell to drawn here even it may be a bit of a long bow but when the first Australian soldier died in Afganistain there lots of blowing of trumpets and gathrings of whose who and the top brass etc.

These days there a bit coverage of the spokes person for the miltary talking about how good a solider he etc and bit of coverage of the furneral, - see the trend?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

Okay, suppose they can only fit the victims' family in. Fine, let them do it.

But what's preventing them from having a second ceremony two hours later for the survivors? Where's the compassion and the creativity? Hold a third one too if necessary.

A shoe-throwing ceremony sounds appropriate for the one who sat there reading from a book he was holding upside-down for 8 minutes, don't ya think?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

Doing things like this leads one to think thats its all part of the process of shutting the whole 911 thing down. 911's purpose is just about spent now. Their is a paralell to drawn here even it may be a bit of a long bow but when the first Australian soldier died in Afganistain there lots of blowing of trumpets and gathrings of whose who and the top brass etc.

You have hit the nail on the head, bussoboy.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Okay, suppose they can only fit the victims' family in. Fine, let them do it. But what's preventing them from having a second ceremony two hours later for the survivors? Where's the compassion and the creativity? Hold a third one too if necessary. A shoe-throwing ceremony sounds appropriate for the one who sat there reading from a book he was holding upside-down for 8 minutes, don't ya think?

Oh, one cannot begin to count all the ways in which the above post is so RIGHT! LOL

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mizarx

I have to say, I have seen many pyramids with the all-seeing eye in the middle, but never a crying one! LOL!

Okay, back on topic.....

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

What does Obama really have to do with 9/11?

Why should even one survivor be left out so he can attend?

of course if Obama did not attend all the Obama haters would be out in force, whining about that he did not attend!

he cannot win either way

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

of course if Obama did not attend all the Obama haters would be out in force, whining about that he did not attend!

Well, it would be rather strange if Bush went and Obama didn't. Let's be real.

I am kind of perplexed, however, about the fact that no president has ever attended one of these memorial services on the anniversary of 9/11. That was news to me and I can't understand how this could have occurred?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Yes, so people can point and say "He did it"...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Yes, so people can point and say "He did it"...

No, no, no. 9-11 was all Clintons fault.

Did you not get the memo?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Say what?

What a bizarre combination of remembrance and forgetting. Perhaps they want to make sure the televised commemoration is all neat and pretty... and staged. It's as if there has been a larger disconnect with every passing year, and now the day is practically and abstraction of itself. I thought the whole point is it's a MEMORIAL. Since when does that not include people who survived? The regurgitation of a prepared statement to confirm the city's refusal is the icing on the cake.

Couple this with denying assistance to survivors and first responders that now have chronic or terminal health issues... basically sacrificing their lives for a slow and painful death, abandoned by the same government that wants to memorialize the day and capitalize on its emotional impact.

Twisted. I have a feeling that the media coverage of the day will be very controlled and limited in scope. I can only hope that "alternative" memorials also gain exposure so a message can be sent that this kind of blackout will not be tolerated.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

No, no, no. 9-11 was all Clintons fault. Did you not get the memo?

I knew someone would eventually say that.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HolographicPrincipal

What a bizarre combination of remembrance and forgetting. Perhaps they want to make sure the televised commemoration is all neat and pretty... and staged. It's as if there has been a larger disconnect with every passing year, and now the day is practically and abstraction of itself. I thought the whole point is it's a MEMORIAL. Since when does that not include people who survived? The regurgitation of a prepared statement to confirm the city's refusal is the icing on the cake. Couple this with denying assistance to survivors and first responders that now have chronic or terminal health issues... basically sacrificing their lives for a slow and painful death, abandoned by the same government that wants to memorialize the day and capitalize on its emotional impact.

Yeah, I find it ridiculous that Mayor Bloomberg says the reason they aren't going to have any of these people give speeches is because this ceremony "isn't about politics" and that "speeches aren't appropriate."

REALLY?

Sounds to me like they just want to create a nice photo op, spew some "poems and quotes" written by other people, and pacify the victims' family members, then get the HELL out of there. They don't want to address the crowd because these cowards probably can't even look these family members in the face. Not to mention the fact that if they stick around too long, they might have to see the look of disdain in some of these people's eyes.

The photos will make Bush and Obama look like they really care and give the impression that the party lines are lifted in times of tragedy. Nice political strategy, Obama. Two peas in a pod.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join