It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans do you feel comfortable discussing 911 irl?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I came across a post how somone noted that (in his country) the 911 debate pretty much only exists online. I cant say the same for me, since sources irl have been more helpfull for me on the subject. People with a Ph.D might not know it all, but they are a safer bet than conspiracy guy on conspiracy board.

So I wondered, do some of you feel uncomfortable discussing 911 irl, do you fear repercussion for your professional life?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

It is amazing what a comment here and there will do. I do not go on long diatribes of what I think happened or how. What I do is make passing comments here and there. It's amazing to me what this brings out in conversation from other people. Once I know that the other person is willing to discuss it, then I will discuss it.

So, to answer your question, I guess I do not feel comfortable initiating a full blown conversation out of the blue. I put "feelers" out first.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I met some guys from the US on vacation here in Europe a while ago... they told us about the "Taboo" around 911 and that most US Citizens still believe fuelfire melts steel and all that "official" US-nonsense.

Sounded like a joke at first...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
I met some guys from the US on vacation here in Europe a while ago... they told us about the "Taboo" around 911 and that most US Citizens still believe fuelfire melts steel and all that "official" US-nonsense.

Sounded like a joke at first...

"Let us not tolerate conspiracy theories about the attacks on 911"

"You are either with us or against us"

I can see how the topic is a taboo, if their leader speaks like that, and the successor strikes similiar tones.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

... do some of you feel uncomfortable discussing 911 irl, do you fear repercussion for your professional life?

It's an interesting subject because if you pay close attention to some of the more hard core supporters of the 9.11 OS, you begin to note certain things.

Back a few years ago, I got into several heated discussions about so-called 'disinformation agents' here on ATS, spreading certain ideas and doctrines that appeared to be designer in nature and supportive of many mainstream/approved concepts. In other words, official propaganda to diffuse and dissuade the conversation.

My feeling then was that it was simply a case of mass paranoia that would result in nothing but a kind of modern day, digital inquisition. But it was a thread specifically on the subject of 9.11 and evidence that strongly contradicted the official line, that my mind was changed.

So, I'm not so sure there is really any distinct comfort level here in cyber space... but I do feel there is that sense of anonymity that allows for the subject to be approached, even though who you are is no secret to anyone who had the tools to look behind the curtains.

From there, another thread nailed this shut by pointing out that if there was any single place that might be monitored and manned by those holding up and furthering the official story, it would be here. In fact, it would be really quite surprising if there weren't those types here on a daily basis, 24/7 keeping track of those who dared to think outside the prescribed box.

And finally, there is the possibility that ATS is itself nothing more than storefront op of one or more of the alphabet soup agencies like the FBI, CIA, NSA, etc. I mean, if you wanted to keep track of the most outspoken conspiracy theorists, what a better way than to create a dedicated watering hole for them to gather?

Well, that last part is certainly debatable but... it makes for some interesting thinking.

My personal view of 9.11 is stacked between those things that are questionable and those that are without doubt.Unfortunately, non of it favors the OS and the worst of it paints a picture that is terribly hard to look at. As an American, I am admittedly uncomfortable with all of it... though not from fear. What grinds at your gut is the repeated return to the obvious... which is enough to make you physically ill.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
I came across a post how somone noted that (in his country) the 911 debate pretty much only exists online. I cant say the same for me, since sources irl have been more helpfull for me on the subject. People with a Ph.D might not know it all, but they are a safer bet than conspiracy guy on conspiracy board.

So I wondered, do some of you feel uncomfortable discussing 911 irl, do you fear repercussion for your professional life?

You're missing the most obvious point here. The 9/11 DEBATE (as in attempting to portray there even is a debate that the 9/11 attack isnt really a terrorist attack) only exists ONLINE (as in being propagated by a herd of damned fool conspiracy websites pushing out every inane accusation from lasers from outer space to nukes in the basement). This is exactly what I've been saying here since day one, so no, I'm not surprised in the least.

Namely, the only reason why anyone would ever even take claims like "the planes that hit the towers were all holograms" seriously is by the artful manipulation and deceptive representation that internet websites allow. If a truther physically came up to someone else on the street and verbally said "the planes that hit the towers were all holograms", he'd be seen in the same light as some shaggy homeless person lying in his own urine on the sidewalk who's having imaginary conversations with himself aloud. This is because communicating verbally and communicating via written word are two separate and distinct mediums, so there's no way anyone can be sufficiently persuasive with these conspiracy theories verbally with the same articulate deception that a website has. If they tried, they'd come across looking like THIS...

edit on 29-7-2011 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Who is saying the planes were hit by holograms? I didnt read this claim on firefightersfor911truth, A&Efor911truth, Pilotsfor911truth, or Veteransfor911truth. Not even sites like Loosechange made that claim. The only hit I got was youtube.

So I observe the following. Many (not all) Americans have been threatened and scared into submission to talk about 911 outside the conspiracy theory presented by the goverment. The treaths were clear. Clear and obvious. While everybody reacts different to a threat, some people react in a way that is desired by the person or entity who makes that threat.

Now you and somebody else on this board argue that people do not discuss 911 at the workplace out of fear, triggered by threaths, but because suggesting the official conspiracy theory is flawed, is ridiculous. How can you reach that conclusion when there have been clear treaths towards questioning the official conspiracy theory in a rather open way by the acting president at the time and again in a rather open way by Obama? Not to mention that there have been instances where people lost their jobs over being a truther. So your reasoning about why the topic at least in some areas of the world, is not discussed openly, is flawed.

If it were true what you said, Germans and British and Norwegian people would have the same fear to discuss 911 openly, the fear of appearing as ridiculous in the eyes of their peers. However I can not observe this reluctance to discuss 911 here in Europe. However such a reluctance exists in America. Americans have been openly threatened by their leaders, therefore that reluctance must have something to do with that.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There is a concerted effort to discredit and silence conspiracy theorists...or anyone who questions the O/S.

It's the same tactic used to quiet the UFO witnesses in the past.....for fear of being excluded and ridiculed.

If you rant about the questions associated with the 911 OS with many Americans you can see the Television subliminal programming kick in and you are quickly labeled as one of those "Damn Fool" "Conspiracy Theorists".

But when discussing the 911 TV show in real life. I introduce it by pointing out the absurdities which appears to work by bridging the voice of reason and common sense.

For example...

I still don't get why my steel constructed kerosene heater hasn't suffered a catastrophic melt down over all of these years of burning Kerosene for 15 hours at a time....or my 20 year old Weber grill which uses Kerosene charcoal lighter hasn't deformed at all over all of these years ?

I wonder why ?

They then get it....or at least some of them do ...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Who is saying the planes were hit by holograms? I didnt read this claim on firefightersfor911truth, A&Efor911truth, Pilotsfor911truth, or Veteransfor911truth. Not even sites like Loosechange made that claim. The only hit I got was youtube.

You are evading the question. Holograms is but one single, solitary example. Other examples are the "Lasers from outer space" people, "Missile Pod" people, and "Nukes in the basement" people, and I can give you as many links to websites pushing these outrageous claims as you want.

As for holograms, I will admit the claim is a stretch as only some of the "no planes" people believe the object people saw hitting the towers were due to hologram technology. The last "no planer" I encountered believed that everyone in Manhattan was a secret gov't agent.

Now you and somebody else on this board argue that people do not discuss 911 at the workplace out of fear, triggered by threaths, but because suggesting the official conspiracy theory is flawed, is ridiculous. How can you reach that conclusion when there have been clear treaths towards questioning the official conspiracy theory in a rather open way by the acting president at the time and again in a rather open way by Obama? Not to mention that there have been instances where people lost their jobs over being a truther. So your reasoning about why the topic at least in some areas of the world, is not discussed openly, is flawed.

You're being rather selfish here. The very fact that you are able to post any inane conspiracy claim, accusation, and suspicion online is proof positive there is no campaign to oppress your views as you'd wind up in a political prison the moment you clicked the REPLY key. The fact is, you have every freedom of expression to say whatever you want...but what you don't realize that the rest of us have that exact same freedom of expression, and we have every right to tell you we think you're a paranoid crackpot. It's falsehoods, not the truth, that needs to fear criticism, so if your claims can't stand up to public scritiny then it has absolutely nothing to do with any censorship and everything to do with your claims having no credibility.

Steven Jones found that out the hard way when he was pushing those conspiracy claims while publically flaunting his Brigham Young credentials, and Brigham Young didn't want to have anything to do with it so they sacked him. Your rights end where the rights of other people begin.

If it were true what you said, Germans and British and Norwegian people would have the same fear to discuss 911 openly, the fear of appearing as ridiculous in the eyes of their peers. However I can not observe this reluctance to discuss 911 here in Europe.

That's because the 9/11 attack didn't occur there. It occurred here, so it has a sensitivity here that isn't present there. It's the same way how we can openly discuss how the French and Italians helped the Germans murder millions of Jews during WWII and the Swiss helped the Germans launder all those gold teeth, while people in France, Italy, and Switzerland are reluctant to discuss it. Besides, we both know full well what would happen if someone in Germany publically attempted to deny the Holocaust ever happened.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I discussrd it with my family and friends, and the topic is now forbidden. Essentially all family members have their heads firmly packed in the sand, and most friends have wandered away. At work, most folks know my stance, but I don't press it and they don't bring it up. I feel if I posted with my real name, I might have repercussions at work.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yankee451

I discussrd it with my family and friends, and the topic is now forbidden. Essentially all family members have their heads firmly packed in the sand, and most friends have wandered away. At work, most folks know my stance, but I don't press it and they don't bring it up. I feel if I posted with my real name, I might have repercussions at work.

What kind of repercussions? Do you fear that you might lose friends you made among your coworkers, or do you fear it will negatively impact your career or even get you fired?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Most of the friends and family keep me at arms length already, but I guess I figure if I posted with my real name it would effect my relationship with my supervisors. Most of them are true believers, and a wise man once said it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt. Folks in the mainstream world who hold power over my ability to eat are folks I can't take the chance of pissing off...they have plenty of reasons without dragging my politics into the mix. Once I no longer work for a large corporation, I will start using my real name.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Yankee451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

It is amazing what a comment here and there will do. I do not go on long diatribes of what I think happened or how. What I do is make passing comments here and there. It's amazing to me what this brings out in conversation from other people. Once I know that the other person is willing to discuss it, then I will discuss it.

So, to answer your question, I guess I do not feel comfortable initiating a full blown conversation out of the blue. I put "feelers" out first.

This is exactly what I do. You have to be careful as most US people have been conditioned to believe that "Truthers" are insane. They haven't done any digging at all on the OS and believe what the MSM told them.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What people believe about 911 and what people say are two different things. You've heard the term sheeples or what not, right? Well there are sheeples out there that believe 911 was an inside job but they will not express their beliefs because the other sheeples would make fun of them or treat them like outcasts. This sheeples would rather fit in rather than speak the truth.

It's amazing how people will not express what they truly believe just to fit in. I was at a party last month and I was discussing about Monsantos to a close friend of mine. Then here comes this guy, my supposed friend, that over hears our conversation and says, "Hahaha, you and your conspiracy theories again?" Then I said it real loud so everyone around us can hear, "Well, you are the one who told me about 911 being an inside job!!!!!!" He shuts up, turns bright red, and excuses himself to get some fresh air. Why? I don't know. He was actually the first person to tell me about 911. I should actually thank him, since without him, I wouldn't have discovered how things really work in this country.

Anyway, in real life, people become pussies and do not want to stray away from the herd. They have this innate fear, maybe insecurity, that they believe once you stray away from the herd, you'll get abducted by aliens or get eaten by monsters and never be able to join the herd again. I on the other hand, do not give a #. I don't know if that's necessarily a good or bad thing but I think if you truly believe in something, you shouldn't really care what your alleged friends think of you or anyone else for that matter. Speak your mind and act accordingly...

edit on 29-7-2011 by blackrain17 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Most Americans do not feel comfortable discussing 9/11 though many are profoundly suspicious of the official story. This means the disinfo campaign has been successful.

NIST, the agency charged with finding the cause of WTC 7 collapse, cannot explain how or why WTC 7 fell the way it did. NIST cannot not scientifically explain how WTC 1&2 fell in the manner observed. NIST and FEMA did not look for evidence of explosives (that is just beyond the pale) though there is overwhelming incontrovertable evidence of explosions at the scene.

Mostly we find "an argument from incredulity". Which is to say it is "not possible" because I refuse to believe that an American or a friend of America could perpetrate or allow such a crime. So we are not permitted to ask simple questions without our characters being impugned and our livelihoods threatened. You are marked as unbalanced or a radical with an agenda.

So we are left with cui bono or who benefits from these attacks? Well it's been 10 years we should know cui bono.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

What kind of repercussions? Do you fear that you might lose friends you made among your coworkers, or do you fear it will negatively impact your career or even get you fired?

I don't know about Yankee but do you know who Rashard Mendenhall is? He is the starting running back for the Pittsburg Steelers. He hinted about Osama not being involved in 911 and questioned about 911. He got shunned by the MSM and lost some endorsement deals also. So speaking your beliefs can lead to negative repercussions.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The fact that you mention PhD says it all.

Those letters imply knowledge and intelligence.

But if 9/11 is a grade school physics problem the PhDs have spent 10 years creating a problem for themselves.

There is no getting around the fact that all skyscrapers must hold themselves up. So how is it that the PhDs in physics have not been talking about the tons of steel that were on each and every level of the WTC towers no matter what was responsible for destroying them?

The PhDs are supposed to tell everybody else what to think. So if they aren't smart enough to ask the obvious questions then what does that say about our entire intellectual power structure?

psik

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17

I don't know about Yankee but do you know who Rashard Mendenhall is? He is the starting running back for the Pittsburg Steelers. He hinted about Osama not being involved in 911 and questioned about 911. He got shunned by the MSM and lost some endorsement deals also. So speaking your beliefs can lead to negative repercussions.

No I didnt know. American football looks quite entertaining, but you can pretty much only watch it pirated online here. I can certainly see the situation in America a bit clearer now even after all this time. I wouldnt have thought this having seen the protest marches in New York some time back.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by psikeyhackr

They go apoplectic when you mention that the buildings were already holding themselves up. There's got to be a paper around here from MIT or Purdue that proves otherwise...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

Originally posted by blackrain17
Anyway, in real life, people become pussies and do not want to stray away from the herd. They have this innate fear, maybe insecurity, that they believe once you stray away from the herd, you'll get abducted by aliens or get eaten by monsters and never be able to join the herd again....

I see your point... swimming with the stream is easier than against it.

What I dont understand here is that the "herd" - aka the REST OF THE WORLD knows that the 911 OS cannot be true.
Including government officials, the military, technicians, engineers, architects, pilots... EVERYONE who wants to be taken seriously.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join