It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spaceobs.org removed from web?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hey all...

It has come to my attention that Spaceobs.org (the website created by Leonid Elenin, the person who first discovered comet elenin) is now down...I can't even access the cached pages of the site...isn't a cached page supposed to be for if the site goes down?...

this thread brought it to my attention here

Seems like such a coincidence to happen right when the site comes out with first images of the comet...

Spaceobs
edit on 28-7-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
*sp/f/acepalm*

dear god, seriously.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

yup...it's seriously down...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

I think what Jenna is trying to say is that no, lol, this is not censorship. Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions and try to refrain from sensationalist headlines that will steer discussion at an angle and attract those inclined to automatically hype this up as a censorship incident.

Not to mention, implying this was covered up means accepting that Elenin is actually a threat. It is not.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

did I actually state censorship? It's merely a question...I think you're the one jumping to conclusions a little faster than I am...

P.S. My stance on elenin is neutral...I believe it to be nothing of importance...I'm merely just asking the questions that should be asked...and it seemed rather odd to me that the site went down right after the pictures came up...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
See Japan stars the ball rolling,, now everybody wants too do it.

sad

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
That's only been in the last hour then, I was on it just over an hour ago.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Well you certainly didn't ask if the server was down or anything. At any rate, this is not censorship. Someone will be along shortly to get into detail I'm sure.

Now why the hell is my picture zoomed in so much?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
does anybody know much about the cache feature? I always thought it was specifically for when a site goes down?...why can't I access the cached pages?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

did I actually state censorship? It's merely a question...I think you're the one jumping to conclusions a little faster than I am...

You're the one who suggested censorship via your title. That's a leading question at best. You could just as well have said: "Spaceobs.org removed from web? Didn't pay their bills?" or "Spaceobs.org removed from web? Too embarrassed to continue?" By suggesting censorship you injected that into the conversation. Don't try to wiggle out from underneath responsibility for it. It sounds like you're waffling.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack

Well you certainly didn't ask if the server was down or anything. At any rate, this is not censorship. Someone will be along shortly to get into detail I'm sure.

Now why the hell is my picture zoomed in so much?

I didn't ask it was down because I stated that it was down...which is fairly obvious...

As I just said...whether it's censorship or not remains to be seen...hence the "?"...

P.S. I can see up your nose

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well since the thread titled "First Image of Comet Elenin from space..." caused me to click on the link to the site (and bear in mind I'm someone who's barely interested in the phenomena), I imagine the server's overloaded by a bajillion folks who fear doom via space rock.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I will remove the "censorship?" from my title if it will satisfy all the self righteous member bashers on this site who would rather focus on the simplicity of a question in the OP than answering the question at hand? would that make you happy?

i.e. if you know anything about the cache system then can you please answer?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It's probably reports like this one - Beforeitsnews 27th July - that start the scaremongering. A quick glance after searching Elenin on Twitter shows a great deal of movement and 99.9% of it is sensationalist bull#. If that starts trending imagine the hysteria. Highly irresponsible.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
It's probably reports like this one - Beforeitsnews 27th July - that start the scaremongering. A quick glance after searching Elenin on Twitter shows a great deal of movement and 99.9% of it is sensationalist bull#. If that starts trending imagine the hysteria. Highly irresponsible.

here let me finish that sentence for you,,,, "Highly irresponsible. " of SOHO.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack

I think what Jenna is trying to say is that no, lol, this is not censorship. Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions and try to refrain from sensationalist headlines that will steer discussion at an angle and attract those inclined to automatically hype this up as a censorship incident.

Not to mention, implying this was covered up means accepting that Elenin is actually a threat. It is not.

Yeah... Why would anyone do such a thing. A conspiracy of censorship in a General Conspiracy Forum....?
I don't buy into the EL thing.... it just seems like a minor distraction in a field of major event possibilities. But this is a conspiracy forum for conspiracies so why attempt to censor here.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

What's wrong with being interested in this topic? The people on Fox news spent all day bloviating about the debt ceiling. They are concerned about their investments. As a "little person", I am concerned about my hide.

Aren't they still fishing bodies out of the water near Fukushima? Was there an alignment with this object in March, or did I see that in a movie.

Anyway, anyone here from Infraguard, Clergy Response Team, or military waiting to be deployed soon in the US?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows

What's wrong with being interested in this topic? The people on Fox news spent all day bloviating about the debt ceiling. They are concerned about their investments. As a "little person", I am concerned about my hide.

Aren't they still fishing bodies out of the water near Fukushima? Was there an alignment with this object in March, or did I see that in a movie.

Anyway, anyone here from Infraguard, Clergy Response Team, or military waiting to be deployed soon in the US?

Absolutely nothing wrong with discussing it, I hope that didn't somehow come across in my post. We all have a responsibility to get out the correct information to the best of our ability, and when I see things like Russian bunkers being linked with this event and quotes like 'May not be soon enough' - if it was SOHO or whoever - needs to take a good hard look at themselves.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

that info comes from beforeitsnews...that's enough said by itself

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm guessing the site has been getting too many hits over the past few hours. Why there is no cache, that I cannot answer. The best thing to do is check it again another day. If it's back up, it was a bandwidth issue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join