It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychologists warn of cell phone addiction

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'd like to throw mine in a lake.
A small pond would be sufficient.
But I keep it.
I's a job requirement, and it's my leash

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I sold my cellphone when my mate moved to the same neighborhood.
haven't had a cellphone in 10 years and I absolutely cannot stand touch interface because of my monstrous fingers.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Social networking (which is what most of the people spend their time on, Facebook) through the internet is just a new form of socializing and community. Is it an addiction to talk to your neighbors everyday, or having companions to spend time with? This is just the way social interaction evolves, it will keep evolving until humans cycle back to face to face interaction through technology as it advances into 3D projections and continue from there.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

3D projection
..........no, please God not 3D. Watching dogs catch frisbees and the female breast on my 3in iphone is addicting enough...but 3D

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Cell phone addiction, eh?

"One new psychiatric pilly, pill, pill comin' right up," says Big Pharma!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ugh, I hate the things. I have one because I got it as a gift, and I charge it about once every three months to keep my family happy. It's a pre-pay one and I've had an unchanged amount of credit on it for the past year now. If someone wants to talk to me, they have my home phone number so we can have some actual interaction instead of texting and destroying the language with text speak.

I do see the addiction though. People staring at their screens while crossing the road, not looking up, earbud in one ear listening to their music so they can't even hear the traffic they're playing chicken with. I used to work as a checkout operator as well, and the amount of ignorant gits who wouldn't even get off their phones to pay for their groceries was mind boggling and infuriating.

This is not the zombie holocaust I had planned on.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

I'm a server to, and I see this a lot. I always walk up to the table and say "Are you guys texting each other?" LOL

I don't like cell phones and peoples obsessions with them. I do use a simple phone, but just for necessity. I like the old days... If I'm not home, I don't want to be bothered with phone conversations.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
What exactly is sexting? Would someone please send me a sexting or something inappropriate and preferably X rated. Strictly for research you understand.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
My cellphone has no computer on it. all I do is make outgoing calls if I need to, or recieve them, just like thee olde fashioned land line. The only thing my screen displays is what time it is. Thats the only kind of cellphone you need.

Why, back in -my- day, we sometimes had to walk in three foot deep snow, up hill, both ways, to get to rotary dial tele phone booths. and liked it!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Everyone I know has one of them things, and there always on in and either texting or chatting. And here I have only owned a cell phone once, and only used it for necessary reasons, and even then it was done sparingly.

# my main form of keeping track with the outside world and people is trough the internet, and video-games. In fact if there is some sort of planing going on, or going anywhere with friends and such I usually do it trough the psn network, or I used to do it trough x box live system, when I had a x box 360. Other then that I am pretty much silent and non existent.

I barely even use the home phone at all, and even that when it rings its usually nobody but more infomercials and so I rarely even pick it up anymore. It's crazy how everybody is always on the phone always talking about boring stuff.

But I guess it might be time to get cell phone as well, and get into the cool and hip scene with the chatty people. Or else I wont be one of the cool people no more. But then again I have never been much of a chatter or talking type of person.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

But I guess it might be time to get cell phone as well, and get into the cool and hip scene with the chatty people. Or else I wont be one of the cool people no more. But then again I have never been much of a chatter or talking type of person.

Cool and hip.....

Just by participating in my thread; not only have you proven your hipness but that you are a discerning individual with extremely good taste and style. I wish I could reward you with more than a star but alas it's just not possible.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

In fact, there is a very interesting question What Does It Mean to Be a Romantic Couple? I've already been looking for a lot of information on this topic and found it only on one site.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Cell phone addiction? I suppose that because I wear shoes most of the time because they're a good solution to a number of problems with walking barefoot I now have a "shoe wearing addiction."

I'm no Scientologist, but over the years I really have come to realize that psychology is practically a pseudo-science and borders on being equivalent to witchcraft or voodoo.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join