It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House 'Rickrolling' WTH?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
BBC

The White House has lightened the tone of the debt ceiling debate by joining an online craze known as "Rickrolling". Responding to criticism during a Twitter chat, the White House offered users a link to "something more fun".

This is clear evidence of the incompetence of this White House and it is completely inappropriate.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
dont pay attention to this.. here watch this instead..thast about what i get
from all that.. wow how pathetic if you ask me-_-

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I don't think it shows incompetence. I think it shows that they're scared to answer the tough questions. Either that, or, like the rest of us, they just don't know.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
"Brian Deese, deputy director of the National Economic Council, was taking questions from Twitter users via the official White House Twitter feed - followed by 2.3 million users"

loool thats fkn awesome ! yes White House . A laugh and smile sure were needed ..

for the hippies:

But of course unacceptable behavoir from the white house team . This is serious times , and we don't have time to tom foolery around like this .....

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It's all a big joke to those in charge.

America has been rickrolled.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

America has been rickrolled.

Dude this was the quote of the year.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
That was completely inappropriate and that is just one more sign to me that it's time for another civil war.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Oh god, what's next, the White House is going to start posting kitten meme's in it's press releases?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
A few years ago I wondered what it would be like when the IRC and BBS generation grew up and started running the country. Now we know.

I fear 20 years from now, our officials and leaders will have reality shows and will be voting each other out of office....

Nevermind....

Already there pretty much....

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think a facepalm would be more appropriate.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

Actually, if you read the article you posted, the 'rickroll' was in direct response to someone who claimed the discussion 'wasn't ...entertaining'.

Did you actually READ the article you posted, OP?

"This WHO correspondence briefing isn't nearly as entertaining as yesterday's. #SCOT #WHchat" wrote one user, David Wiggs, using popular hashtags at the end of his message to make sure his tweet was read by the White House.

His observation prompted the White House's exhortation to do "something more fun".

So, in other words, they were essentially making fun of the person who tweeted that the discussion about the debt ceiling wasn't 'entertaining''. Basically the exact opposite of what you are claiming, OP.

Isn't context useful and informative??
edit on 27-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

IDK, I think it is actually humorous. I don't take the politicians seriously anyway. It would be nice if they were all comedians, I could use some laughs at least.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

especially since the context was in direct response to someone whining about the discussion 'not being interesting'

Hence, the tag '"something more fun".

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
anonymous/lulzsec should hack the whitehouse.gov and make all the links redirect to a youtube rickroll. that would be so win, the internet would explode.

this administration isn't exactly professional, and they didn't need this to illustrate the fact.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Let Rick Astley live in peace. That song sucked in the 80's and it sucks more now.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Sigh, I wish the kiddies would get out of the whitehouse so Ron Paul can take over and fix things.
This just beyond ridiculous now.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Hmm. I read the article and I didn't see anything "bad". They didn't "rickroll" to avoid a question or to offend. Someone had tweeted that the online tweet wasn't as fun as some other tweets and the WH responded with a link to the video.

Harmless Fun. A Joke.

Are you looking for things to be mad at? Not the best attitude when seeking the truth.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
next up they'll try to throw out a zombie apocalypse joke. All they have to do is show a picture of Nasty Pelosi, no photoshop, just her without make up on.

top topics

join