It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Conducting Training Exercises In And Around Boston

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Military Conducting Training Exercises In And Around Boston

www.zerohedge.com

Sooner or later it was inevitable. Next up: the "tea party" lives up to its true name.

Joint federal military training exercises will take place within and around the Boston area between July 26th and August 5th. Military personnel will conduct training exercises to ensure the military’s ability to operate in urban environments, prepare forces for upcoming overseas deployments, and meet mandatory training certification requirements. Helicopters will be used in some exercises.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Pentagon Deploying 20,000 Troops In U.S.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Thought this was a little fishy. Live military training in Boston's urban area, helicopters and all...

Here's a brief overview of Boston's topography that might give hints as to why Boston is a useful place to train troops, courtesy of a comment found in the source:

Boston is the most "European" city in the USA; it's one of the oldest and has little of the grid pattern prominent in the rest of the continent. Its coastal location probably factors in too.

OK. Here are several scenarios to mull over - chime in if you think of others:

1) Legit exercises. They are training to go to "the Middle East", maybe Sudan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, or maybe even get boots on the ground in Libya. Same old warmongering, they just must've gotten bored in the barracks. The so-called "pull-out" of the region is exposed for what it is - an illusory sham to draw in votes for 2012.

2) Preparing for an invasion of Iran - as hinted at on several sites (info here: Read Me!), Israel is believed to want to invade Iran, likely in September at the earliest. Of course, the good ol' US of A will be there to "support" their Israeli kin, and would be all too happy to finally invade the "scourge" Iran. World War III in the works.

3) Preparing for the "unthinkable" - a US default. The US would likely enter a severe depression, which is a fantastic "ON" switch for class warfare and popular uprising. With foreknowledge that the useless politicians supposedly bickering in Washington actually want default for some greater scheme (or a partial market reset to fully justify printing more money through Quantitative Easing), they are preparing for martial law in the USA.

I doubt they would be deployed in Europe - that's not so good for international relations, I'd assume. So what's going on?? Thoughts? Let's get this one out of the way - FEMA camps! OK. Granted it's possible, but that excuse is getting a bit tedious... Can you think of countries that are strategically useful to the USA, or are enemies (spoken and unspoken), that have similar circumstances as Boston?

Also, insider knowledge is ALWAYS welcome!

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

www.zerohedge.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-7-2011 by pforkp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
All great points in the OP for sure. The headline did make me think about the training exercises that were supposedly taking place on 9/11 too, and I had to wonder if something is up for the Boston area during that time frame. I sure hope not!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
European in nature makes me think we may, "may" deploy troops to assist in Europe maybe...

Considering London is now, like terrorist central, the hostile intelligence agencies there have doubled since the cold war. What makes any one think we would not assist Britain or England and such in a martial law situation?

I know for a fact that if a martial law occurrence happened in the USA, foreign troops would be considered for augmentation to the existing part timers who are stationed here.

Don't worry about the active duty, they are deployed over seas indefinitely.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Do you have another source? I don't trust Zerohedge.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

Good idea! A setup for a false flag attack in the Boston area? It's possible, but they sure aren't being secretive about it - if something happens within the next couple weeks, I'm sure some people in the area will remember US military personnel and helicopters being there recently. They aren't letting people into the area where they are supposedly training, that's for sure. More from the original source:

The Boston Police Department is working with military personnel to coordinate training sites that will minimize negative impacts on our Boston citizens and their daily routines. Safety precautions have been taken to prevent risk to the general public and the military personnel involved. With that, training site locations are not open to the public and will be guarded by uniformed personnel to provide additional safety.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Another source for you, courtesy of the City of Boston website: Linky

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'm thinking more deployment in Europe, however not as allies lol

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I know for a fact that if a martial law occurrence happened in the USA, foreign troops would be considered for augmentation to the existing part timers who are stationed here.

Yes, but would an armed US population accept that scenario??

IMO. No..There would be trouble big time..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Im not even going to worry about this. The reason why is it doesnt matter. Whatever is going to happen, wether you worry or not, will happen anyways. I foresee no reason to implement martial law in the US, that leaves the options open for something happening in the middle east, where its a hotbed of controversy and political upheaval right now, or anti terrorism strikes in europe, which is also plausible.

You are still safe in your country, asleep in your own home, with the inevitable gun under your pillow that you undoubtedly have tucked away "just in case".

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

Hmmm....again? They have had a nearly steady presence there...

I wonder if this is part of Operation Urban Shield ?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the second link.

If the U.S. starts getting it’s finances back on track there will be angry people.

If the U.S. defaults there will be angry people.

If they do nothing there will be angry people.

I think they may be preparing for protest and uprisings in the U.S.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Well, with the deteriorating financial situation in Europe well on its way, with harsh and unpopular austerity measures being rushed into place, sure - I shouldn't have ruled out Europe so quickly. Not to mention the most recent terrorist attack in Norway - perhaps they are going to "help out" there? Maybe they're finally going to look for the attacker's partners in crime. But why do you think Britain?

Why I said that it wouldn't be good for international relations is that if the US military helped suppress popular revolt in any of Europe's countries, they would automatically and legitimately be pegged as the "bad guy" by the entire population - the people would not support a government who bows to the will of an invading force. I think they'd rather send in the supposedly neutral UN blue hats.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yes, they do this every now and then.

I recall them doing it in the bay area about ten years ago:

en.wikipedia.org...

Exercises in the San Francisco East Bay, March 1999

Exercises in Chicago, May 1998

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Yep, lots of angry people in the US, let alone the world! But considering how little reaction there has been to hugely unpopular policies and wars (the Patriot Act, the DHS, the TSA debacle, etc.), the US is full of apathetic people. For the military to consider mass uprising enough of a threat to openly prepare for it, it has to be something BIG that will push people over the edge.

That's why I think it might be the debt ceiling failure/the Greatest Depression. Sure, if TPTB hike taxes for the middle and lower class and let alone the rich or give handouts to the wealthy again to secure a higher debt ceiling ("YAY! We get to have more debt!"), people will be angry - but I doubt enough people will take to the streets over it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

As you just noted, Americans are, for the most part, not interested in large social upheaval. And while many on ATS might like to pretend the US will descend into some sort of armed conflict against the US government, the slightly more benign reason for these exercises is exactly what it purports to be. A way to ensure our military could fight off an invasion or terrorist attack from within our borders.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Good point, I agree that it could be legit and harmless. Skimming through the links people have posted above, it looks to me like they have only recently stepped up urban training - otherwise, they've only openly done it a handful of times over the past 20 years. There hasn't been a terrorist attack (false flag or real) on US soil for a decade - so why prepare more often now? They've deemed Afghanistan safe enough to slowly withdraw from (regardless of the uptick in high profile assassinations and violence, the sociopolitical mess they're leaving behind, and leaving hundreds of thousands of troops there for "training purposes"), no word out of Iraq or Libya recently, the boogey man bin Laden is apparently dead... Could be a coincidence, but with the deterioration of the global state of affairs unfolding right now, I don't think this is routine.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pforkp
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Good point, I agree that it could be legit and harmless. Skimming through the links people have posted above, it looks to me like they have only recently stepped up urban training - otherwise, they've only openly done it a handful of times over the past 20 years. There hasn't been a terrorist attack (false flag or real) on US soil for a decade - so why prepare more often now?

Hasn't it only happened a handful of times in the past 15years or so? IS so, that doesn't really seem 'more often'. But I might be missing several instances you are referring to.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Can we please get a ATS member who is on the ground in Boston to confirm this?!!! Using only one website to launch a thread w/o any confirmation is dangerous path .. creating fear and suspicion..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
Can we please get a ATS member who is on the ground in Boston to confirm this?!!! Using only one website to launch a thread w/o any confirmation is dangerous path .. creating fear and suspicion..

Google is your friend:

**MEDIA ALERT** Military Training Exercises to Take Place In and Around Boston | | More For Immediate Release July 25, 2011 Released By: Mayor's Office For More Information Contact: Mayor's Press Office [email protected] Joint federal military training exercises will take place within and around the Boston area between July 26th and August 5th. Military personnel will conduct training exercises to ensure the military's ability to operate in urban environments, prepare forces for upcoming overseas deployments, and meet mandatory training certification requirements. Helicopters will be used in some exercises. The Boston Police Department is working with military personnel to coordinate training sites that will minimize negative impacts on our Boston citizens and their daily routines. Safety precautions have been taken to prevent risk to the general public and the military personnel involved. With that, training site locations are not open to the public and will be guarded by uniformed personnel to provide additional safety. ###

www.cityofboston.gov...

www.fenwaynews.org...

bostinnovation.com...
edit on 27-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join