It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware! Your pharmacy may KILL YOU on purpose!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
So, I'm kicking back at work today and doing what I do... Suddenly, one of my long time friends sends me a facebook message asking me what to do.

Apparently, she works for a very popular drive through prescription store and what she's telling me is VERY disturbing.

At this location in Sulpher Louisiana, she has found herself around conversations that are suprising and down right evil. Some of the pharmacy employees have been doing some really dirty things to their customers.

Here is the chat. Please excuse our typo's
Lazy typing is fun. Guess it's something akin to slang! lol

Her) top of the morning to ya lol..

Me) Heya babe! Mornin Mornin! (Huggies)..

Her) workin?..

Me) yeppers. Last day. This is my friday. Then, as always.. I'll head to Louisiana when I get off...

Her) well i have some news for you but im on the phone with mom lol..

Me) k, cant wait!
I'm sure it'll be intresting lol..

Her) (Store Name Deleted) gave the wrong person the wrong medicine and the asst manager wants me to lie about it when i witnessed the pharmacy treating the man like dirt and after they left the pharmacist said oops i did give out the wrong meds im sooo pissed the hell if ill lie about that its also been more than one complaint about this i know a doc here in lakecharles who has a list of complaints on our pharmacysince 2001\this is dangeroousand needs to be delt with..

Me) hun.. dont lie for nobody. You have to pay for that in the end. Do that man right by advising what you seen...

Her) oh i am the bad thing is the asst manager pretty much threatened my job if i didnt so i am calling corporateif they want me to lie i think its time for a lawyerthis is an outrage..

Me) yeah, definatly speak to a lawyer right away. Call 10 of them untill you get one that will speak to you about it right away. I promise you, if they smell money, they will JUMP on that case. But you need some witnesses that said he threatened to do that if you told the truth. But definatly speak to corporate and let them know...

When all else fails, you can go to the newspapers and the tv news. I promice ya there is always a right way about it...

Her) yep am doingthis is crap..

Me) good for you hun. Just try to cover your butt so he cant fire you. make sure you talk to everyone and dont say crap to him, and make sure to let HR and those lawyers know your job was threatened...

Her) its a hermy boss is on a managers vacation in las vegas she is up yo something to*..

Me) now would be a great time to get with corpratewho was inquiring about this anyways?..

Her) i know im waiting on them to call me back..

Me) who asked you about it in the first place?..

Her) well several very upset customers came and told me about the way they were being treating so i went to pharmacy manager and then to upper management and witnessed several very raunchey liesso im taking my va#il manager gets backcalling corp and suhsuch..

Me) I gotcha. So you're standing on the peoples behalf..

Her) yes i ami witnessed theppl being mistreated and the pharmacy lyingthis is dangerous..

Me) what are they lieing about?..

Her) they also gave a sulphur based meds to someone who is dealy allergic and told her it wasnt sulphur and she is preggo..

Me) Damn... I would definatly get with someone, and if those guys are not fired... Go to the athorities! That is very illegal...

Her) she later tried to return it and they refused they also gave this mans meds to an elderly person and told him his wife picked it up and treated him like a junkie.....he is a regular and not a junkie it was freakin diabetic meds..

Me) yeah hun, if you know all this and you know it's happening, dont put yourself on the line for something that will kill someone. You would be just as responcible...

Her) they told one man his doctor didnt call meds in and his doc was right behind him with a cell proving ha had called several timesvery upsetting..

Just when you thought that fast food places take the cake... Just WOW! I hope these people get what's comming to them. No telling how many lives they may have already taken for this stupidity. She even goes on to tell me that they think this is funny. How could a person do this!!?? And not just one! But a store full...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
THERE WAS A NEWS PIECE ON THIS A WHILE BACK STATING THAT MOST OF THESE PHARMACIES DONT EVEN HAVE A PHARMACIST ON THE CLOCK AT CERTAIN TIMES OF DAY/NIGHT. VERY DISTURBING INDEED.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well maybe we have a free press here on the Net after all.

Now that guy will face losing his job. That's how things are suppose to work.

There may even be some sort of additional lawsuit potential if people were injured etc.

Looks like this citizen did the right thing. Although they may face repercussions and lose their job as well. It remains to be seen. The corporate world is not a kind one, it's rather unforgiving.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
UK similar too, I worked for a private chemist and she always would give generic and price the brand name either to the customer or the Government.
Three times I spotted mistakes with the CDR (Control Drugs Register). When I mentioned it I got accused of stealing and basically my life was a living hell until I left and reported it. I was only 17 at the time and was disgusted to see this type of thing going on with supposed trusted members of the community and to top it off she saved my brother’s life when he was a baby as the Dr prescribed drug and dosage that would of killed him.

A few years back friends did tell me she was done for fraud and lost her Pharmacy which I suppose is something.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
All pharmacists have to display their credentals for all to see.

Don't you?

Then again what idiot takes medication without actually researching what it is? (and yes older people should have somebody in their family help research the prescriptions..).

What the doctors prescribe is usually the cheapest, do some internet surfing and find out better alternatives (perhaps with a shorter half life and less side effects). You do know you can ask your doctor for alternatives. Most people don't as they probably don't feel they have the right to ask or know they can ask simply for some other brand/medicine type for the same problems.

And WTF? Drive thru pharmacies?

Ludicrious.
edit on 27-7-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
That is very disturbing. Your friend is doing the right thing by not lying. She could be saving someones life in the end. Kudos to her.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pulsescan72
THERE WAS A NEWS PIECE ON THIS A WHILE BACK STATING THAT MOST OF THESE PHARMACIES DONT EVEN HAVE A PHARMACIST ON THE CLOCK AT CERTAIN TIMES OF DAY/NIGHT. VERY DISTURBING INDEED.

What is more disturbing is that we are all so uneducated that we rely entirely on the opinions and assessments of the select few pharmacists with certifications among us. For the majority of people that's usually just 1 person.

However with the capabilities of the Internet, and by seeking legitimate sources, we could in theory be able to educate ourselves and get multiple educated opinions from doctors all over the world. Thus increasing our survival odds by avoiding mistakes at a higher %.

The problem is that we lack the funding to achieve this on a massive scale. All of our money goes to war and profiting the ultra rich, over 90% of the Earth's resources are drained into that black hole.

But if instead we put it into creating accessories cheaply for the masses such as electronic blood tester machines, urinalysis, cameras, etc that can just plug into the future computers 'usb' type port, we could easily become a sophisticated intelligent population acting responsibly and effectively gathering information from other doctors worldwide.

Such a world would increase the survival rate significantly and also decrease the amount of mistakes that occur.

You wouldn't ever have to actually visit a hospital unless you were injured badly or dying, and if you needed a prescription it could be mailed to you by whomever sold it, without regulations. Then you could use your personal chemical analysis machine to test it's composition and make sure it matched up with your actual valid prescription.

That seems expensive but in comparison to the black hole of the ultra-rich and war rackets, it's actually amazingly cheap. It's all off the shelf materials we have today.

We should all have really good handheld chemical / radiation detectors too. Or at least I should have all of this. If I had it I would probably use it just for curiosities sake.

In the distant future it would be like a one-size-fits-all handheld lightweight scanner that could analyze all of these things and more.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Do I dare say....So do you feel that the authorities in Sulpher, LA need to be informed even though we don't know who these people are? Or are we just gonna hope and pray this employee does the right thing....It really upset me to read that a customer who was preggo was given medicine that she could be allergic too...Yes buyer beware!!!

Here's a link to pharmacies in sulpher LA...wondering which one it is...I wonder if the authorities would even investigate without more evidence???

Google Search Results

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Many of the meds they give people are PLACEBO'S.

Even narcotics like Oxycontin. Google Purdue Pharma and Placebo Oxycontin.

It's all about money.

There is no State or Federal Laws saying they can't give you placebo's. The Government KNEW Bextra and Vioxx were killing people....but didn't do a thing. After many people were dead and it was pretty apparent they finally withdrew them from the market. It saved the .Gov money, less old people to pay Social Security.

Another big hustle is a Testosterone Cream for older men. The Federal Trial was ended because it killed 25% of the old men.....hmmm.....they're still giving that Cream Treatment to old military veterans.....

It's not only Pharmacy's trying to kill you...it's your very own Government.

Why didn't our Government do anything to China for all the poisoned medication? Wood/metal chunks in Rolaids...Tylenol recall......China's been having a royal BALL killing Americans.....

Everyone's making money doing it. Who's surprised Pharmacists join the action?

When Obama forced Purdue Pharma to reformulate Oxycontin....where there clinical trials on the new formulation which hit the US market not long ago? No?.....new narcotic doesn't work....Obama needs old cancer patients in pain dead.....good drugs are costing him money if they keep people alive.

The Left in America makes me laugh.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Well maybe we have a free press here on the Net after all.

Now that guy will face losing his job. That's how things are suppose to work.

There may even be some sort of additional lawsuit potential if people were injured etc.

Looks like this citizen did the right thing. Although they may face repercussions and lose their job as well. It remains to be seen. The corporate world is not a kind one, it's rather unforgiving.

What really bothers me is the pregnant lady who picked up her "sulpur free" meds today will probably take them and die before she can get to the doc, or even loose her child, and perhaps both. This is sad. It makes me so damned angry that they didnt try to call her back and tell her. No.. They just rather let her potentually die just so they can save their own butts over this mistake.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Walgreens has screwed up my RX twice in the last yr. Once with the wrong strength and once gave me an antibiotic I was allergic to rather than the one I was prescribed. Im an ex RN.. and I trust NO ONE.. so I always check and caught it before I ingested any.
Walgreens response? Bring it back in and we will give you the right RX. No apology no accountability. SO I called corporate and started an investigation. Its still going on as I asked for a full audit or I would be seeking legal advise since I was given an antibiotic that was clearly logged that I was allergic to... and could have killed me. My intention wasnt to sue and "get paid"... it was to hold them accountable for it and make change before they killed someone else who didnt check the RX before they took it.

You get your friend to go to the news and get legal representation.. and FORCE some accountability. Your friend could be saving lives and keeping folks from being damaged. I cant imagine why it was even a question as to what should be done. You see wrong and you right it.. obviously.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

All pharmacists have to display their credentals for all to see.

Don't you?

Then again what idiot takes medication without actually researching what it is? (and yes older people should have somebody in their family help research the prescriptions..).

What the doctors prescribe is usually the cheapest, do some internet surfing and find out better alternatives (perhaps with a shorter half life and less side effects). You do know you can ask your doctor for alternatives. Most people don't as they probably don't feel they have the right to ask or know they can ask simply for some other brand/medicine type for the same problems.

And WTF? Drive thru pharmacies?

Ludicrious.
edit on 27-7-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

Much of the populace are pushed to accept and believe their prescibers. Just because she didnt think to look at the meds, is that reason enough to just let her die over their own mistake???

Not one person realises everything about everything right away.

And yes, the US is riddled with drive through everything. Pharmacies, liquor stores.. Hell, in louisiana alone, you can drive up to any daquari shop and get one right to you with the straw inside. It's just the way it is. Land of the free, land of the greed... land of the damned because we are told it's the land of liberty... Liberty to let you die when we carelessly do things like this.

I'm sorry you feel this way.. I for one cant get the thought out of my head that this women whom I've never met may die, her and her child, over complete lack of care and stupidity.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
Do I dare say....So do you feel that the authorities in Sulpher, LA need to be informed even though we don't know who these people are? Or are we just gonna hope and pray this employee does the right thing....It really upset me to read that a customer who was preggo was given medicine that she could be allergic too...Yes buyer beware!!!

Here's a link to pharmacies in sulpher LA...wondering which one it is...I wonder if the authorities would even investigate without more evidence???

Google Search Results

I didnt see the name on the list. It's "near" I think. I wish I could tell the world the name, but I'm sure ATS and I would both be placed instantly in court.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

(wink) You may be onto something (wink)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What has happened to people? Those involved with this should be prosecuted! How could someone knowingly give that poor pregnant woman a drug she is allergic to?! IF some thing happens to her, or her unborn baby, attempted murder is how I see it

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Hardly.
If your story is true, there is nothing to be sued over by telling the truth. Ive never been sued and Ive spoken about the pharmacy issue several places.. telling people what happened and to check their meds. Kids work in the pharmacies and pharmacists are human and make mistakes. If the mistake becomes a habit.. go higher than the pharmacist until you get resolution.

I have no idea what ATS' take on it is.. they can remove the name if they wish.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

That's what I understand, but since I wasnt there, I probably could be held accountable since I, myself, did not witness it. I have to say, once upon a time, the government and law did not bother me, but sadly I must admit, now... It scares the hell out of me. Maybe because they always make us feel like we're always doing something wrong. We're a policed state wether we realise it or not. I was always told that when speaking about companies in public, you have to be very careful. There are more laws that protect them than the citizen.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have been a whistle blower in a previous job, the issue was not as serious as this but it did cause some embarrassment and an investigation. End result was that I was out of a job and not sure how the rest went. Looking back it was the best thing as it was hard dirty work and it gave me a chance to move on to other things. I would not say this has negatively affected any job applications that followed, but if it did it would have been with a doggy operation that did not respect integrity in its employees.

With wikileaks and Bradley Manning it has put up a lot of resistance to people who are considering blowing the whistle on problems. Unfortunately society is suffering from this as too many problems are getting swept under the carpet and it is causing a rotting, stinky mess. I know you may be risking a lot in taking a stand, but unless no one does there will be nothing left worth standing for.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Have a look:

In 2002, approximately 100,000 people were given the wrong medication from a medical professional. 7,000 people were killed because they were given the wrong medication

source

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm in this field, and I can quite happily say that although mistakes do happen (people are human, not robots) - every single one that has happened is logged, registered with the Pharmaceutical Council and the blame is fully accepted.

But frankly, if I noticed a mistake like that in the place where I work (I'm not registered pharmacist yet) I would attempt to get in contact with the patient straight away (regardless of what anyone had said) or at least stop it from going out. My job means less to me than patient welfare.

I hope when I do become registered, I'll keep the same views as I do now because things like this are incredibly dangerous. People tend to be more grateful than angry if you get in contact to say a mistake has been made, and more accepting than if you just turn a blind eye. People shouldn't be allowed to work in the health profession unless they care and we've had a lot of trouble about this in mental health/elderly care homes over here in the UK with the staff beating patients, stealing their food etc. It disgusts me. You'd really think that people would go into that sort of work because they wanted to help and make a difference, but no. It always seems to be about the money these days. Problem is, pharmacists who care still get looked down upon as much as pharma companies and the people who don't give a damn, who are all about the money
- I'm not taking a biased view here, because I've seen cases of stuff like this (and other horrific stuff) happening in pharmacies on my course and it really disturbs me; but not everyone is like that.

Your friend should report the pharmacist, the shop and the staff that haven't and won't own up to their mistakes. Because, at the end of the day if she doesn't, someone else will and action should be taken (it's hard to say being in different places - I know from our law it would be over here, and licenses can be revoked). Get the person to do it before someone dies to avoid the guilt of 'I could have stopped this' afterwards. And really, at least she'll still have a job after the storm, then. She won't be implicated if she tells the truth whereas if she ignores it, she may well not.

She has a bigger heart than the other people around there, seemingly enough. And clearly is the type of person that should be a medical professional. Get her to report it

(And I can assure you all that my pharmacy would never kill anyone on purpose.)
edit on 27/7/2011 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join