It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiahuanaco, Puma Punku the real mystery...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
That's is the exact same thing I thought of as soon as I saw the megalithic standing stone with the smaller ones
creating the circle and path. As soon as I saw the last picture I immediately thought of the Star Child. I think Arthur C. Clarke had a little inside knowledge about this or he was just a master visionary. I just had to say it
on topic now. I do not understand what is going on in Egypt regarding restoration of ancient pyramids in the southern region. These pyramids are made of small
blocks that we can move around easily. What I don't understand is they are using a plaster to make each pyramid
look like one solid piece of stone. I have to say in the Peru area which is the main focus of the thread obviously. I am smack dab on the middle of the fence on the subject you said not to talk about. And I very much understand why. You just cannot jump to any conclusion on that aspect. There are always too many variables
to take a stance either way. I like your remark that it almost looks like giants just picked up these stones and threw em around, because it is "almost" the most logical way of interpreting what we are looking at. But then again mind over mater should not be overlooked. One thing I would like to mention is that carbon 14 dating is not a reliable method of dating anymore. A series of tests was done that scientifically proved that readings are not consistent. I watched a presentation which showed how to make statue date back 500000000 years when it was made that same day when it was C-14 dated, earlier dates could also be created as well. I just wanted to trow this out there for members take into consideration. I wish I could link the C-14 tests but I watched this video about 12 years ago, sorry about that

I usually never say anything like this without a source. Anyways, Great post Slayer

Sorry about that I did not mean this post to sound like I was replying to something Slayer Said I meant to quote the first post on the first page

edit on 26-7-2011 by Novatrino because: spelling

edit on 26-7-2011 by Novatrino because: added to post

edit on 26-7-2011 by Novatrino because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2011 by Novatrino because: clarifaction

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Novatrino

I appreciate the interest and feed back
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by game over man

Have you looked at the site and the dating of the site differently?
It's not so much answering the question as much as asking are we asking the right ones?

I'm just going to throw this out there, could nuclear energy complicate the accuracy of carbon dating?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
That last video you posted has quite a unique idea at the end!

Slayer, with all the so called "H" blocks, is it understood what type of stone these blocks are made from? Is it a single type only?
Second question about the "H" blocks. Is there a known number, a census, of the "H" blocks at the site?
Is there a map of how they are scattered about on the site? What is the general scholarly ideas about these "H" blocks?

Awesome thread!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d39b62b79063.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

no time at the mo but scribin for later, very nice work from the intial looks I will enjoy reading this thread

back with 2cent later,

-Bob

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Gday.
You never fail to amaze me with the work and effort you put into your threads mate.

Thanks.

Ive always been fasinated by Peru and its Bolivian neighbour and also amazed between the parallels between the Pyramids of Peru and the Pyramids of Egypt and their monuments..
The debate's over their origins and the mysteries of whom built these magnificent stuctures has always fasinated me. And to this day i have never believed that modern man created these.
As the Incas have stated they didn't build the Pyramids nore some or most of the monuments that they worshiped. I also believe that the mordern egyptians didnt build their monuments either. I believe that they stumbled across said structures and claimed them for themselves.
I dont know whom did build these structures, but i bet that the Elongated headed people had a huge part to play in their design and creation.

The elongated headed human is the connection between these mysteries.

(sorry if already mentioned, but)
I have read that the ruins of a 33ft by 39ft plaza found in Sechin Bajo in the Casma Valley( about 220 miles from lima) dates back about 5500 years making it even older than Caral. ( i believe you had a picture of the plaza in your op)
This plaza even predates the pyramids of Egypt if im not mistaken.
And Its evidence like that, that you have presented in your OP combined and with other evidence i have read through my life, makes me conclude that there is so much we do not know about our past and what we do know of it is very limited.
I think that past cultures and civilisations were alot smarter and technically advanced than we give them credit for.
And i also believe we will never work out how clever they really were

edit on 27-7-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
isnt that name from shawshank redemption?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I found this study on Lake Titicaca interesting. It seems that the last time a wharf would have been needed at Puma Punku was possibly 8500 years ago.

"Lake Titicaca was a deep, fresh and continuously overflowing lake during the last glacial stage," according to the Science study, "signifying that the Altiplano of Bolivia and Peru and much of the Amazon basin were wetter than today."

Then, about 15,000 years ago, the Altiplano underwent a significant change. A dry era was launched, which continued for the next 2,000 years, causing Lake Titicaca to drop significantly.

Between 13,000 and 11,500 years ago, Titicaca began overflowing once again. This wet period was followed by 1,500 years of relative dryness, followed by another 2,500 years of heavy precipitation as the lake again rose to overflow levels.

Then, about 8,500 years ago, the lake level fell sharply as the Altiplano again became dry. But heavy precipitation would return for another 1,000 years, only to be followed by an extremely dry period between 6,000 and 5,000 years ago, during which Titicaca fell some 250 feet below its present-day level ­ its lowest level in 25,000 years.

Titicaca finally began rising again 4,500 years ago. Since then, the southern portion of the lake has overflowed its banks numerous times.

news.stanford.edu...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Nice post Slayer.

I think the kid with the elongated head could well just be a birth deformity(that he/she probably got worshipped for lol), could even be a half-breed(human/alien). The rest of the people with the elongated heads I assume(and as mentioned in the OP) sculptured their heads over time in order to immitate their 'gods'(aliens, far from what I'd call a 'God') which were the same 'gods' who gave them some of their advanced technology(as these 'gods' did with many cultures/civilizations(including our own) over the years). Just my 2 cents.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
truly wonderful post, incredibly informative & with lots of well thought out information
in all honesty I had never heard of these two sites, but will add these to my list of things to investigate further.

I love it when post promote a lengthy discussion, especially as people on here for the most part seem to be arguing their case's with knowledge rather than out of ignorance and lack of understanding.

ATS should be proud of posts like these & the members that
a) start them
b) continue the discussions off into new areas.

So GLAD i joined here

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

I'm glad you've enjoyed the thread and topic.
The feedback is appreciated.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Call me silly, but doesn't the Southern Hemisphere have different constellations not visible in the Northern? And vice-versa? One example is the Southern Cross.

What I think is interesting is that many Mayan and Incan sites have carvings of dragons that are reminiscent of China.

Why do people assume that it was only in the 15th Century that these ancient peoples of Mezzoamerica were able to do this? That seems to be Eurocentric to me because the assumption is Europe is the cradle of modern civilization while the Mid-East is the birthplace of humanity. I believe the continents were together at one time while people were living on them, and they knew how to build big things.

What puzzles me is this, to assume that people suddenly had an agricultural society seems ridiculous because someone who is only a hunter gatherer doesn't suddenly know how to plant things. That knowledge comes from somewhere. I think within each ancient culture of tribes, there were those who hunted and gathered while there were some who planted.

Modern man wants to take credit for all knowledge as though ancient people were stupid. I think they were not.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

About the Puma Punku H Block(Lego) Structures

IMPO I would not think that the Natives were Capable of this type of Structure and technology unless they were Taught then again they said to Cortes that they did not build them... The biggest military is Who DID let alone of other Culture/Race Activity Through out their Structures, building and ART Much Like Egypt ! as their is alot of similarity's

The big mysteries is ! where is the Tools that build these H Block Structures is what i want to know
is there even a fraction piece of some tool ? that made these >?

when i see this and if NOT some kind of Laser the only other thing ive seen that could of done this in todays Technology is a Accurate Water Cutting Tool that uses Pressured Water

This is Only what would make sense to me but the technology was impossible then ! or was it ? Back B.C .

KMT Waterjet Systems; Water Jet Cutting Granite at Stone Works of Oregon

Waterjet cutting granite slab

Who Built Puma Punka.?
www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

Or just maybe a Bearded Guy came down to earth named Quetzalcoatl and his crew made these structures

if you think in depth ! if not Alien ! How about Futuristic Time traveler ! that came back 5 to 10 thousand years ago!! Sound plausible to me ! it Wold explain alot of Abnormality Anomalies of Forbidden Archeology or and Human Alien much like in Outlander Film !

The Machines that make them Are Gone because the People/Visters that make them left with them !
Would this also Explain The Vast Similarity's of Ancient World

My thought if All Else Fails of the Assumption that Aliens DID IT! Think Time Travel ! Think of US in 500 hundred Years then go back in time to 17 thousand years as Claimed the Age of Tiahanaco !
and the Travelers got Stuck for a while Stranded ! then Left!

Professor Ronald Mallot thinks its Possible
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 27-7-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy
What puzzles me is this, to assume that people suddenly had an agricultural society seems ridiculous because someone who is only a hunter gatherer doesn't suddenly know how to plant things. That knowledge comes from somewhere. I think within each ancient culture of tribes, there were those who hunted and gathered while there were some who planted.

The development of agriculture is nicely covered in the linked article...

The Neolithic Revolution is the first agricultural revolution—the transition from hunting and gathering to agriculture and settlement. Archaeological data indicate that various forms of domestication of plants and animals arose independently in six separate locales worldwide ca. 10,000–7000 years BP (8,000–5000 BC), with the earliest known evidence found throughout the tropical and subtropical areas of southwestern and southern Asia, northern and central Africa and Central America.
en.wikipedia.org...

Believe me, the subject has gotten lots of study...consider it Anthro 101.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by boncho
It is evident you have spent much more time than the average person looking into this stuff, and for that I applaud you. The difference between the rough cut and precise cut pieces was a great addition to your OP.

Well done.

That has always raised a red flag with me.
I'm glad you caught it as well!

S&F bro~! One of my favorite subjects perhaps of all time~! Every time i see this Puma Puku, I get 1000 question going though my mind~!! ugh.. however one theme seems to stick out this me.. precise measurements, cuts and engineering of stone.

Precise cuts, measurements and engineering is what has always stood out to me, especially Punmpuku; but, after looking at the wounder of this particular subject, a thought occurred to me I never had before of how they could have pulled this off.

( this is TOTALLY a brainstorm idea ); could they, the ancient people, have done it with wet/damp clay? This 'rock' what we now call rock, could have been Clay 5,000-15,000 years ago making it more than simple to make designs in.

The only thing I see in this line of thought is, the precise measurements they used; measurements that are still present in the 'stone' slabs which standout like a sore thumb~! Which leaves me still stumped, and leads me down the same path as before, how?

edit on 27-7-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
While I do believe in the Ancient Astronaut theory, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact we under-estimate how technologically advanced we were in ancient times. I think high-tech things just don't last very long so you can't really blame us in a way for not knowing.

It's unlikely that our skyscrapers, CDs, PCs, and so on will last millennia in recognizable form.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
while this post will probably be met with much skepticism and perhaps ridicule, I hope not.

See, I believe many of the questions asked here can be answered with a better understanding of the account of creation and the global flood of Noah, as recorded in the ancient Torah of the Jews, and in the Holy Bible of today.

The peoples of the earth (ante-deluvians for lack of a better word) in the beginning were fully created by God for everything, including metal work, music, hunting and farming. All this is found within the first 4 or 5 chapters of the Genesis account. According to these words, God made man perfect and with full capacity of knowledge and abilities. But man disobeyed his creator, thus sinning, and the whole of creation was corrupted. Whether you believe this or not, I am just giving you the abbreviated paraphrasing of the account.

Since man - in the first 1000 to 2000 years had much greater knowledge then, than anyone living for the past 4000 years, it is not impossible to believe, nay its quite probable, that he could build mega structures and large cities and align it all up with uncanny accuracy....all because he posessed knowledge no longer remembered in our degenerate brains.

The story of the Flood explains much of what may have happened. The story of the Tower of Babel - a real building/temple whose foundations have been found in modern-day Iraq - tell of a people acting in 'one accord', i.e., with one knowledge and language combined. And though most of civilization and building, cities, etc. were destroyed by the global flood, these people worked on a mighty ziggurat structure.

I believe what happened to them, after God destoryed the tower and confused their languages, was that they had to group off into like languages to communicate, and that they all went to different geographical places to assemble in tribes and groups, and then they began to TRY to rebuild the temple they had been working on. As such, they each had "some" of the knowledge of building this great structure, but not all the knowledge. So some of them came very close and built amazing structures like the Pyramids of Egypt and South America. Others made similar structures of whatever materials were available, wood, stone, earth....and thus you find that almost every ancient civilization has some influence of pyramidial structures - from the wooden pagoda's of China, to the giant earth mounds of the early settlers of what is now Europe, and similar with the so-called native Americans.

However, some of the structures we see here - like these that slayer so brilliantly laid out for us to see - which appear to have been destroyed (as reportedly rumored) by a FLOOD. and could have been created by the ante-deluvians, which explains their dissapearance. And I think we can look at Genesis chapter 6 to find that flood explained.
edit on 27/7/11 by TrailGator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talinator
reply to post by Harte

The link I posted was a History Channel Documentary why would they lie about.
"They were made out of Granite and Diorite!!"? Watch the video I linked.

History Channel Puma Pun ku

If that's a real question, it's pretty dern funny.

The "documentary" linked to is a production of the only ancient alien magazine I know of on the market - "Legendary Times." ("Atlantis Rising" isn'tr dedicated to Ancient Astronauts.)

It is, in fact, a television program paid for in part by that rag.

The diorite thing is nowhere even near the worst or stupidest lie told on that farce crockumentary.

Why would they lie? For you, and viewers like you, that's why.

Harte

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

discovermagazine.com...

I think there's another one from BBC or something. Research it a bit.

Found it.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Nothing has been proven. Skull morphology on a single sample (even Gonzales claims that Penon Woman doesn't resemble the Pericu tribe she's associated with) cannot establish ancestry.
Note:

Dr. Gonzalez also pointed out in 2001 that, based on her skull measurements, the Penon woman (and by implication also the Pericu and Guaycura) were not related to modern Amerind populations but instead had affiliations with Australians. She then announced plans to do DNA analyses of the Pericu, saying that she thought the result "would be a scientific bomb". Unfortunately, until early 2007, the bomb has failed to go off and all parties (pros as well as cons) are left standing aroundwith their quarrels stopped in mid-argument, waiting for the lady. Come ON Dr. Gonzalez, be speedy!

Source: www.andaman.org...

Also:

These findings support the scientists' theory that both the first Americans, who arrived at least 12,000 years ago, and the first Australians, who showed up down under around 40,000 years ago, have a common root in southern Asia. A second wave of American settlers, the ancestors of present-day Native Americans, immigrated from northeastern Asia a mere several thousand years ago, Gonzalez-Jose's group concludes in the Sept. 4 Nature.

My emphasis.

So, if the Pericu or Penon Woman seem Australian, it is believed that they may have a common ancestral root with the peoples that eventually migrated to Australia. That is, they and their ancestors were not necessarily ever from Australia. But they had family that eventually moved there. Or something. Possibly.

Again, DNA should tell.

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Why is it with all these ancient sites there is always a copycat site nearby trying to back engineer, with craftsmen ship which is very much what we would have expected for that time period, or what they "should" have been capable of back then, we don't even have cranes today that could lift most of these stones

There is no stone that we know of that was ever quarried that couldn't be lifted by some crane in use today in the world. I realize the claim is a common one and that you're likely just repeating what you read somewhere.

But just because it got printed somewhere or stated on a television program, that doesn't make it true.

I've provided links to info on cranes that could do it before. If you can't bring yourself to try to find a capable crane using google, maybe you can turn up those old links that I and others have posted here. The point is, it's easy enough to find this info and thus establish that what you read and believed was just wrong.

Originally posted by piotrburz
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

Ancient Aliens is pretty biased in favor of people like Daniken.
And i checked a whole topic, one member mentioned red sandstone. I also believe it have to be sandstone.
Sculpting in granite could take even several years maybe even a time of lifespan.

To discuss this further, we need to know what material was used. There must be some bibliography covering this issue.

Diorite bowl from Egypt predating Tiahuanaco by 6,000 years
The Rosetta Stone is carved diorite (but much much later than that bowl)
Egyptian diorite vase from 5,000 years before Tiahuanaco
Hammurabi's Code was inscribed on a polished diorite stele

Note that the Rosetta stone and the pic of stele containing Hammurabi's code were not just chunks of diorite that were carved on. They were sawn into flat steles and finely polished as well.

Andesite is similar to diorite and granite. People werre carving art from diorite millenia before Tiahuanaco,

They didn't have diamond-tipped tools either.

Originally posted by Red Cloak
The site has been carbon dated to an age of about 17,680 years. Don't believe any of this nonsense misinformation that gives these much more recent dates. It's just more complete BS to keep the sheeple from asking too many questions.

Talk about BS!

Didn't Slayer tell us where the older date came from?

Read much?

Here's one report of C14 dates at the site and surrounding area:

You can find it, along with other info, HERE.

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by game over man

well for one thing, anyone who lit a torch or made a camp fire since the place was destroyed or threw down trash, is contamination.

no one knew back then about C-14 dating.

1000yrs of people running around there would leave alot of crap.

But the original inhabitants wouldn't have left a single trace of carbon?

You're claiming here that every single sample in the above report was ciontaminated.

It ain't New York City. Not exactly millions of people runnin' around contaminating samples.

Besides, you're also assuming that archaeologists have no idea how to perform their science. The fact is, the site has been studied intensely for decades now and much is known of the culture of the time.

Also, no matter how many campfires the rude contaminators built, I bet none of them were built under the stones that make up the city itself, yet some of the C14 dates come from under these stones.

I see the canuck already said all this so I'll shut up now until I can finished reading what's been posted since I was here last.

Harte

edit on 7/27/2011 by Harte because: combining posts

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join