It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama will fold Again

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I heard a statistic not to long ago and I’m going to have to look for it for you guys. It said if you confiscated 100% of the salaries of the top 5% of the wealth, you would still not have enough money to pay down the deficit! Crazy huh, now what does that tell you, we have a spending problem!

Here is the quote from the report to the president:

Further, there isn't much more that can be extracted from high income brackets. If the Government took 100 percent of all taxable income beyond the $75,000 tax bracket not already taxed, it would get only $17 billion, and this confiscation, which would destroy productive enterprise, would only be sufficient to run the Government for seven days.
www.uhuh.com...

Tax increases are on taxable WAGES that is on the middle and upper middle class. Small business is where the job growth is and small business comes from that group, the that will be hit hardest by a tax increase

The very very wealthy HAVE their wealth and their loop holes called trust funds and foundations.

Do you think the politicians are going to start taxing "non-profit" foundations or charitable institutions were the real wealth is stashed??? the wealth that is used to buy POWER????

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
Barry Obama is George McFly, from Back To The Future. I just want to slap him and shake him, and yell, "Think, McFly, think!"

Wouldn't that make you Bif Tannen? the bad guy in the movie. I bet Biff was Republican.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, America is getting what they deserve. After 8 years of republican majority and corruption, including excessive spending for 2 wars and tax cuts for the wealthy, blind Americans voted them back into office. It was bad enough voting "W" in after 4 years of incompetency.

The democrats had their chance to make things right, but failed miserably. Now Americans will be at a crossroad again and I guarentee it will be a toss up between these (2) self-serving political parties.

Those of you who want to attack either party should stop defending your affiliated parties, and make your disatisfaction heard loud and clear by voting for Ron Paul in 2012. Don't waste your time crying about Obama and the democrats, or the Republicans and "Boner", use your vote where it will surprise the hell out of these elected officials.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
Why don't you get the hell off Obama's back for Christ's sake. the maniacal GOP leadership has had it in for this president since day 1. between McConnell's fear of a black man in the White House and the rise of the racist tea party Obama has shown nothing but poise, stamina and grace under pressure. no man other than Obama could endure what these ideologues have put his presidency through. if this country is damaged or suffers it is without a doubt the fault of the GOP & that cancer we call the tea party. Obama is doing his best to NOT let this country suffer or default. Obama has the little guy, middle America, the poor and the disenfranchised on his mind when he deals with the misguided GOP. they on the other hand think of themselves & their unholy gods; Wall St & big business. every man & woman who placed a vote for these tea party morons should be held accountable. forget Obama, he can hold his own but answer me this; what is wrong with you people who put these tea party nimrods in office?

Thanks for the laugh. You do know that for the first two years of obama's term he had complete comtrol of both the House and Senate, so the GOP had it in for him is kinda weak.
Now the line about showing nothing but poise, stamina and grace under pressure? That would be President Bush, remember the beating he took from the press?
This line made me laugh: Obama has the little guy, middle America, the poor and the disenfranchised on his mind when he deals with the misguided GOP. Is he thinking of "the little guy"? while he's out golfing which I think is over 76 times now? How 'bout the date nights he and michael have hopping onto AirForce One to catch a show in NYC? How about the wifes little vacation to Spain? All the parties at the White House?
Remember obamas screw up of the Gulf oil spill dragged his heels for over thirty days before he decided to do something, then refused the help of other nations when the offered it. Put us further behind by his ban on drilling here in the US, putting thousands out of work, while cuba/china are drilling off our coast.
Cash for clunkers, remember that? It was actually a good idea, till he caved to the imports. No, this is fully obama's mess. The GOP is just trying to clean it up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join