It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama will fold Again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Barack Obama, the Presidential compromiser and wimp in chief, is folding again before the Republican anti-human horde, but this time the horde is giving the weak willed wimp what he deserves—a kicking while he is down. Obama is ready to surrender to the Tea Party, by not demanding tax loopholes be closed in the debt ceiling negotiations, but lo and behold, they won’t accept victory from the sorry pathological failure in chief Barack Obama, who is paying for his lack of backbone and for never going down with any principled beliefs.

Indeed this president who has pretended to be a progressive, allowed himself to be blackmailed last year when he bent over and let the continuation of the tax cuts for the billionaires, and again he has allowed himself to be blackmailed by the Republican Tea party by their threat not to allow the debt ceiling to increase unless the president yields to their demands. A real president like John Kennedy would have told the Republican Tea party to take a hike, but the wimp in chief and cowardly and or dishonest Barack Obama, who doesn’t have the backbone of even his young daughter, is pathologically weak.

Therefore it seems he will not get ANYTHING from the blackmailers in the Republican Tea party in the debt ceiling negotiations. Obama will give then practically everything they want and tell us he yielded AGAIN to blackmail so the debt ceiling could be raised.

But this time the fanatics in the Tea party are not even going to let Obama compromise!
They won’t even accept a plan by their own speaker and leader John Boehner:

"UPDATE: 4:10 p.m. -- A coalition of Tea Party chapters and conservative lawmakers on Monday rejected the debt proposal put forward by Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), despite his efforts to sweeten the deal with provisions favored by his conservative base.”

And they certainly won’t accept the plan by the Senate leader Harry Reid whose plan is a complete surrender to the Republican tea party because it has not a singe dollar in revenue going to the debt from closing tax loopholes for the rich, and since it doesn’t touch entitlements will certainly not be favored by the Tea party:

“WASHINGTON -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's (D-Nev.) $2.7 trillion debt ceiling proposal will not include reforms to the benefit structure of entitlement programs, several Democratic sources confirmed on Monday. “
Overall we can expect the president to surrender again and demonstrate his usual lack of courage and principles.

As it stands now though it only remains to be seen how this president and the congress will raise the debt ceiling if the Tea party Republicans won't even accept Obamas usual compromise.

edit on 25-7-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2011 by inforeal because: TYPO

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
with over 100 million people on the government dime and trying to raise on taxes on people who do not even use those services.

he better

there is no excuse for him and the left pushing for things they could never pay for in the first place

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Closing loopholes is raising taxes? I don’t think so. But of course you don’t have to worry because Obama isn’t even a real “Liberal” let alone on the “left”

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
does it kill you inside? seems like your pres is going to be a one term kinda guy

Our debt alone will destroy us before anything like ELEnin, or a giant quake or what have you.
So yeah I think right now priority one is the debt. followed closely by job creation.
If the tea party can gain enough sway, to see these directives are met, than more power to them... also, see my sig

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

take money from someone who doesnt even get anything out of it?

how about making 75 million americans who pay no taxes start paying them instead of stealing from people who get nothing out of it.

how about those who are on those services start paying more to them.

how about getting those 100 million people off the government dime start creating their own wealth instead of destroying others peoples wealth.

the current system is not even close to be self sustaining nickle and diming other people does not solve anything.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The Tea Party needs to hold the line. No new spending, cut everything, and get us to a balanced budget! If this is not done soon. The USA will go the way of Greece.

We dont have a tax problem. we have a spending problem!
edit on 25-7-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Awnser me this Inforeal, you really think these "loop holes" are really going to close the gap on a $1.6 trillion defect?

How much do you think cutting these "Loop Holes" will close this gap by? just wondering what your take is on it?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This is an all or nothing situation for Barry. If he cannot pass the funding he wants, his plans for the next 25 years is in the tank. No obamacare, no mass expansion of government, no employing mercenaries. Boohoo!

1 thing I have noticed about Obama's behavior, if he cannot get what he wants outright, he will go under the radar to make it happen. The Nebraska congressman he bought off to get obamacare passed is a good example of his nature.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
(Reuters) - Top U.S. lawmakers dueled with diverging debt plans on Monday that offered little compromise and raised the threat of a ratings downgrade and national default as President Barack Obama prepared to address Americans on the impasse.

Little more than a week before the August 2 deadline to raise the $14.3 trillion debt ceiling, Republican and Democratic leaders traded blame in an acrimonious standoff as they pursued separate budget proposals, with no clear path to bring them together.

www.reuters.com...

edit on 25-7-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Tea Party 2011 has brought back the old talking points which were virtually eliminated in America during the New Deal era. And if they follow this path it will lead to another 40 years of them in the minority but only if the Democrats quit acting Republican-lite. If Democrats want to win against the Republicans, specifically the TPers, they need to act like Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy, and Johnson.

Just take a look back in history, the 1946 Congressional elections ushered in the most conservative and 'reactionary' Congress in 18 years. From 1947-1948 they chipped away enormous amounts of the New Deal but Truman was able to 'stick it to them' by bringing up a lot of legislation supported by the Republicans the year before and daring them to veto it, knowing they would.

He won the fight by fighting. Obama wants to win the fight by joining them. Well guess what Obama, they do not want anything to do with you. Even if you put out a bill doing exactly as the Tea Party wanted they would vote against it simply because you endorsed it. If you think any Republicans are going to cross the aisle and vote for you in 2012 because you went along with GOP initiatives you once again fail in basic logic. So why play their game? He must have some horrible political advisors.

If I was his political advisor I would tell him to be ruthless, deliver never ending blows to everything the Republicans propose and do it in public, drag them out and show everything they want to cut and the taxes they will not touch. Invoke the words of Republicans to beat them down and finalize it with solid facts then dare them to prove you wrong. He needs to learn the Roosevelt-Truman-Kennedy-Johnson way of no mercy.

I still consider myself a Republican but damn sure not the type of Republicans like we have in Congress right now. The types that are so damn hard-line they would make the Dixiecrats blush.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Barry Obama is George McFly, from Back To The Future. I just want to slap him and shake him, and yell, "Think, McFly, think!"

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Why don't you get the hell off Obama's back for Christ's sake. the maniacal GOP leadership has had it in for this president since day 1. between McConnell's fear of a black man in the White House and the rise of the racist tea party Obama has shown nothing but poise, stamina and grace under pressure. no man other than Obama could endure what these ideologues have put his presidency through. if this country is damaged or suffers it is without a doubt the fault of the GOP & that cancer we call the tea party. Obama is doing his best to NOT let this country suffer or default. Obama has the little guy, middle America, the poor and the disenfranchised on his mind when he deals with the misguided GOP. they on the other hand think of themselves & their unholy gods; Wall St & big business. every man & woman who placed a vote for these tea party morons should be held accountable. forget Obama, he can hold his own but answer me this; what is wrong with you people who put these tea party nimrods in office?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

do you want to know how and why those "Teaparty nimrods" are in power

because they asked the question how do we pay for it? unlike the nimord left and obama who promises everything and delievers nothing but empty promises his butt cant keep.

anyone who isnt looking at the numbers and the bottom line does not deserve to be in power.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
Why don't you get the hell off Obama's back for Christ's sake. the maniacal GOP leadership has had it in for this president since day 1. between McConnell's fear of a black man in the White House and the rise of the racist tea party Obama has shown nothing but poise, stamina and grace under pressure. no man other than Obama could endure what these ideologues have put his presidency through. if this country is damaged or suffers it is without a doubt the fault of the GOP & that cancer we call the tea party. Obama is doing his best to NOT let this country suffer or default. Obama has the little guy, middle America, the poor and the disenfranchised on his mind when he deals with the misguided GOP. they on the other hand think of themselves & their unholy gods; Wall St & big business. every man & woman who placed a vote for these tea party morons should be held accountable. forget Obama, he can hold his own but answer me this; what is wrong with you people who put these tea party nimrods in office?

Please provide us with one fact or statement that shows us the tea party is racist? i believe hannity has a bet for anyone that can find proof of the Tea party being racist he would give them a million $$$$. Since im sure you will not find any proof please argue about the merits of rising and lowering the debt ceiling instead of going the old demarcate way of just name calling and bashing. You see they resort to these low ball tactics because they, the demarcates, don’t have any sound logic or solutions in their arguments. It’s always BASH BASH BASH!

Please pull your head out of your butt and come up with some sound arguments instead of resorting to bashes.

Thank you
edit on 25-7-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

how about making 75 million americans who pay no taxes start paying them instead of stealing from people who get nothing out of it.

how about getting those 100 million people off the government dime start creating their own wealth instead of destroying others peoples wealth.

the current system is not even close to be self sustaining nickle and diming other people does not solve anything.

How about some links to your statistics?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Well, if we "Tea Baggers" are just a minority... Why are the Democrats running so scared? I mean, REALLY! I keep reading about everything being Bush's fault (have you any idea how ridiculous the left sounds every time they bring him up? ) or how "this" or "that" Bachman or Palin are, yet, WHERE ARE YOUR HEROES? In fact, WHERE IS YOUR FEARLESS LEADERS' DETAILED PLAN on how to get us out of this mess?

We passed "IT" and we STILL don't know everything that's in "IT". What little we DO know is frightening! Now you folks go absolutely insane on a spend frenzy and somehow this is all the aforementioned folks fault?

I would be more concerned about where my allegiance is put than I am about what a supposed "minority" that loves America is doing. So, I propose that if we ARE a minority, quit your sniveling because it's unbecoming and if we are the majority, then GET WITH THE PROGRAM BUD CUZ YOU ARE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF HISTORY.

Just sayin

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You are right we can save a lot of money eliminating the millitary!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by neo96

How about some links to your statistics?

Please read thread link below. this should awnser any questions you might have.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrankieNinja

Now you folks go absolutely insane on a spend frenzy and somehow this is all the aforementioned folks fault?

Just sayin

Just saying

y'all did go crazy on a spending frenzy

6 Trillion of the national debt is interest and service on Reagan and Bush I's spending craze

you are so innocent

awwww

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
Why don't you get the hell off Obama's back for Christ's sake. the maniacal GOP leadership has had it in for this president since day 1.

Whhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join