It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do children have senses like cats and dogs regauding weather changes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
First off i'm not even sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes.

The thread title may not be clear but what I mean is, sometimes before storms or earthquakes cats, birds, or dogs will start acting really strange. Well something like this happened to me yesterday.

Yesterday evening was actually pretty clear for the Pacific Northwest a few clouds in the sky and it was before the sun went down that my 3yo son started pointing out the window and telling me there was a thunder storm outside, for some reason i'm usually more perceptive to these type of things, (him pointing out things that are not there) but i wasnt this time. I had been outside unpacking the car from a trip we just got back on, and never noticed any foul weather or anything out of the ordinary. So when to sleep late last night heard no rain or thunder or anything.

This morning I rolled out of bed and check my facebook and i notice all these comments/post from local friends who were woken up by thunder last night because it was so incredibly loud. Apparently it had set off car alarms, broke some windows, etc.

No sure if its just a strange coincidence or not, but its not the first time he's done something like this.

I thought i would get your thoughts on something like this.

thanks.
edit on 25-7-2011 by white_raven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by white_raven

I dont know about children, but my sister apparently often get dizzy spells before a thunderstorm occurs.
My guess is that some people are extra sensitive to pressure changes or similar.
I dont think there is anything paranormal about it.
edit on 25-7-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

This may answer may answer your question. Number 4 is possibly the most relevant one. An interesting read nonetheless.

5 superpowers we all had as babies

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I can smell rain coming, I don't know if that anything special but I know when it's going to rain. Sometimes I get body aches from it too.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I was able to do this as a child ( and now), but it it had less to do with the paranormal for me. While there was a kind of "feeling" involved, most of what helped me determine a storm was coming was simply observing. Animals are a perfect example you mentioned and I would often see the cat I had then retreat into his little hiding space under my mothers water bed. He was terrified of thunder, so if you found him under that bed.. there was bound to be thunder...or fireworks.

I also watched the tops of trees and the clouds themselves. Not very scientific, but I was aware even at a young age that the darker the clouds were, the meaner the storm. The trees simply told me the direction and strength of the wind.. Basically if i was to see dark enough clouds coming towards me on a strong enough wind, and Mr Leg-scratcher is nowhere to be seen, I could tell you with good amount of accuracy that we were going to get wet soon.

top topics

join