It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theorists/aliens mentioned in Mr. Clean commercial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Have you seen this new commercial? It specifically mentions alien technology i.e. the magic eraser sponge, and then conspiracy theory, making a pun of it with the phrase "cleanspiracy."

I have noticed mocking tones in these commercials, hinting that one of the two speakers is gay, and that they are extremely dimwitted. But this, really?

What do aliens and conspiracy theories have to do with selling sponges?

I think it is too new to be posted yet. Checked the website and found P & G sponsoring a group called Mocha Moms, designed to support women of color who choose to be stay-at-home moms.

Apparently, they are bought off with free cleaning products, which they evaluate for the company.

Bizarre social engineering. Will post the commercial as soon as it is available online. Or if an ATSer has it, please post?

In the commercial, the two cleaning bottles are discussing the magic eraser, and this time, as I mentioned, they mocked ufo believers/researchers, and conspiracy theorists, in one shot.

Bold, aren't they?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Commercials often apply to a demographic. What channel was it on, or just on various channels? Sci-Fi channel or one of the "educational" channels? That could it it, linking moms to conspiracy theorists. Though, I haven't see it, rarely watch cable, just catch it sometimes. Does sound like, from what you described, it's in a mocking tone. That's possibly for attention of the consumer and nothing more.
ps. P&G= evil

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Indeed, PnG is evil and they are not the least bit ashamed of it. I felt it was a tactic to let its consumers feel complimented for not taking alternative thinking seriously. Positive reinforcement for ever narrowing their minds.

The sad thing is that it was on regular television, through the converter box and an antenna, so this is mainstream broadcasting, and I noticed that.

Also, these types of commercials are run so frequently that it amounts to Pavlovian programming, whether one likes it or not. It is the way our brains work, and of course intelligent advertising makes use of that.

"Normal" people use our products. That was the distinct message I interpreted.

Just sell your chemicals and shut the heck up. Keep your social agenda out of it.

That is my distinct message!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Just saw the commercial, and what really got me was when they were talking about the aliens! "They are here to clean up the universe...." what does that mean, they are here to wipe us out, are we the dirt?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAPurMAMA

It means that PnG are capitalizing on current trends. . aliens.

Nothing more. .

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I believe I was asking Copperflower. You are entitled to your own opinion, but do not bud into others conversations. Good day to you sir.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAPurMAMA

Thanks for bringing that question up! One thing that catches my attention too much when the mention of other life forms in the universe comes up is the frequency with which the ills and flaws of humanity are linked with the possibility of these beings.

Rarely is the legitimate question whether these beings may be BEHIND us in tech or any other area. And of course, the question of how we determine advancement is not even in the discussion since the state of mankind is subtly assumed to be on a downward spiral. Psychologically, the ET conversation seems to dwell on how guilty and rotten man is and how we are in a state of need.

We are supposed to assume this guilt. It is built in to the ET topic. I find that unscientific at the least and suspicious at best.

I listen and read carefully for this as my first area of interest these days on ET topics. Quite a stream of psychological conditioning since the issue of man's "lower" mentality seems to be so implied that it never directly comes up, and therefore is never analyzed or confronted.

Just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

join