It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Tapped?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
How can you tell if your phone is being tapped? There are more claims than not here in the United States that most people are not being tapped..they (TPTB) say we are not being listened to. Suspicious of that? Many are.

Here is an interesting website that informs the public on how to tell if your phone is being tapped. Scroll down the page a bit....to find the information.

www.makeuseof.com...

So...what do you all think? Are we tapped?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Hmm, it's interesting you bring this up, because lately.. maybe for the past 3 weeks or so, my phone will just light up at random, then it'll shut off, then a few minutes later it'd light back up, it does this from time to time..

It could just be some app causing it, but I tend to shut down anything I'm not using just to preserve battery. I'm curious if anybody else has a problem with this.

My phone: Sprint HTC EVO 4G.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

ordinary tips, IMHO...

nothing short of switching it off is any use, really...

+ whos gunna do that???

little u can do if "they" want to get u...!!!

seeya

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Did you read all the information on the website I suggested? If not... please do...I think it may help you.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Yeah, I was just curious.. My phone does get some sunlight exposure from time to time, and for some odd reason everytime I answer a call or make a call, it's stuck on speaker until I press the button to shut the speaker off.. I dunno seemed odd, but I'm sure it's just buggy, as I don't restart my phone for maybe 3 days or so.

So I suppose I've debunked my previous paranoia

Good read though, thanks for the post!
edit on 7/21/2011 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I have Sprint and the EVO as well and it could be a little glitchy.
Recently and randomly received a system upgrade and seems to be working a little better.

Many of the signs of your cell phone being tapped seem a little generic with other possible causes behind them...but who knows.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Just assume it is. Assume everything you say or write is tapped, recorded for all time and immortalized in a database somewhere.

See you in the FEMA camps...
edit on 7/21/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

All of those points in the article have happened to my phones over the past.

Not signs of hacking/tapping at all.

E.g. Battery losing life alot.
All rechargable battery items like phones, or remote control cars and the such need to have their batteries completely drained every so often otherwise you will start to find that the battery will die earlier and earlier until it just won't work..

I give my phone a complete draining once a month.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

The traditional signs of phone tapping are almost moot. At least, if it's government tapping. For anyone else to do so it is illegal and if you were worried for whatever reason that this information could ever be held against you, it's in inadmissible in court. Now as for why the government wouldn't likely do this... They have much more advanced ways of dropping in. For example:

www.usatoday.com...

www.zdnet.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

When they want info, it's just intercepted with ease. No need for physical contact with your devices or even a visit within a hundred miles.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Thank you for your input...the information you provided is every enlightening. I am thankful that my conversations are boring...(most of the time!)....lol

top topics

join