It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be gentle with me, i'm new ;)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I've finally managed to set aside a little bit of time to pop out my introduction thread so here it is;

Who am I?
My name is Amelia and I live in the South West of England with my boyfriend and my bonsai panther - try telling him he's a cat! I work in a charity shop full time and in my spare time I like to read, go on mini adventures and stare listlessly at a computer screen. My number one thing to do is learn new things. You mention something I've not heard of? I go and find out about it. I just love to know stuff. (This doesn't mean I'm all that knowledgeable because I'm also quite good at forgetting stuff too.)

I can't claim to be well qualified in anything and admittedly my knowledge of science is pretty basic. Much to the dismay of my boyfriend who is studying for a degree in physics. (Many a time I have called him over to a thread on ATS to ask if he thinks it is feasible, to be met with his dismay - I think that this helps to keep me grounded!)

What am I interested in?
I love anything that involves statistics and data. I love to compare and measure things. In a practical sense this means anything geological is particularly interesting to me. I like to research earthquakes, natural phenomena, extreme weather and solar activity. Although I'd say that my knowledge on these subjects is amateur I'm learning new things everyday.

Biblical stuff. I'm not what you'd call religious but that doesn't mean that I'm not interested in it. I particularly love to read the Old Testament and I find it hypnotic and beautiful.

I also love a good mystery and I find it really fun to look things up and 'play detective'. I like to be helpful and if someone has a question that they can't answer there's nothing I find more gratifying than finding it for them.

What irritates me?
'OMG WE'RE ALL GUNNA DIEEEEE' -Things like this.

I don't like to be called a sheep for not seeing a conspiracy in absolutely everything. I think it's good to question things and reach your own conclusions but I also think that it's good to try and be rational. In a nutshell this means that I do not think that everything is caused by HAARP or evil scheming governments or Nibiru.

What I'd like to get from ATS
Ideally, I'd like to meet like-minded people, ask lots of questions and do lots of research. I'm a bit slow with computers so I'll probably make lots of mistakes but like I said, be gentle with me, I'm new.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Welcome to the biggest looney bin on the web.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hello and welcome

We need immediate cat pictures before your allowed onto the main thread I'm afraid

As you like such things then cat measurements might be ok too, accurate to 2 decimal places please
edit on 21-7-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Hahaha, thanks guys,
I'll give you all the cat pictures you want once I figure out how to use all this comlex stuff!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Welcome here Amelia,

I hope you can find what you are searching for between everything here.

Take care and see you in the forums,

GM

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Welcome and please use your time wisely as there is a comet coming to kill us all.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JammyQ

Welcome to the rollercoaster. Please remember to wear a helmet and keep your safety belt on. It can get quite bumpy in here.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JammyQ

Welcome!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JammyQ
I don't like to be called a sheep for not seeing a conspiracy in absolutely everything. I think it's good to question things and reach your own conclusions but I also think that it's good to try and be rational.

Did someone say sheeple?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad86a6191b7a.jpg[/atsimg]

That's one of my pet peeves as well. I don't mind discussing some fringe stuff but don't expect me to buy into every story about how "they're out to get you." Welcome to ATS at any rate. Enjoy and see ya around.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Hope you manage to find the answers you're lookin' for.

If not, then just enjoy your time here!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Your introduction was enjoyable.

I too have a problem with your cat.

If cat thinks he's a panther then he is a panther.

Please don't upset the panther.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
welcome to ats the place the world ends adleast oncea week....

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Thank you, lovely people! Sorry it took me a while to reply but I am at the mercy of a giant furry beast and when the panther falls asleep on my arm then on my arm he stays..
He's now moved onto my lap and is digging his claws in nicely.

Are we all having a good day today? I hope so.

I'm spending my day off 'tidying up' my hovel in preparation for my mums annual visit next week. (Screw Elenin, you should meet my mother.)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JammyQ

Very nice intro.Welcome.
I hope you don't get scared off or discouraged
since there is a lot of that
I DON'T WANT TO DIEEEE! stuff on here.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JammyQ

Nice intro. Welcome to ATS!

Hope to see you around..

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
welcome to ats the place the world ends adleast oncea week....

So funny and so true.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JammyQ

That was one of the best introductions I have read in a really long time.

I'm going to enjoy having you around here as it seems we have much in common.

Welcome to the forum and I hope to see some of your posts soon!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
More and more thanks for the loveliness. May you all consider yourselves accessories in me not doing the house work.

Hello tsawyer2
I see you've posted in the thread on 8-3-11 thread I've been following since yesterday so I might see you in there if I don't give up in total despair!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
That 8 13 11 thread has me really interested too, even if it may end up being a marketing thing. I haven't posted in it since yesterday since the thread grew so fast I haven't had time to keep up. You will also find me in many other forums as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I couldn't really keep up either, when I went to bed last night it was on 13 pages and this morning it had hit about 50 and I had stuff to do.

I don't really have any opinion on what it is although I do find it intriguing just because it's so weird. I spent too much time on it last night and got myself a bit creeped out! Haha!

(Apologies to ATS members for my overuse of exclamation marks, I should probably try and wean myself off of that!)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join