It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin: the FAQ for the worried

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
A clear and understandable FAQ about Elenin.
NO doom & gloom , just the facts !

First FAQ »

Will it Hit Earth: No, its closest approach is 0.23 AU on Oct 16, 2011, where 1 AU is the distance from the Earth to the Sun. To put this in perspective, this is only a little closer than the closest approach of Venus to Earth, and roughly 100 times the distance from the Earth to the Moon. This distance is from the latest MPEC ephemeris which is based on over 100 observations from multiple observatories that have been continuously tracking the comet, so it won't change appreciably.

I'm pretty sure this "astroblogger" has it right , check it out for yourself.
astroblogger.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
as close as venus approach you say ? fantastic

I can't wait for this comet to come and go so we can finally move on to the final 2012 and get that over with also ...

i think we should make a thread for all the fear mongers on ATS who WILL get it wrong with elenin and 2012 ...

so after the fact we can look back at them and say wtf were you thinking crack head ...

and also refrence them to future doomsayers who come out with post 2012 dates....

this comet will come and pass and nothing will happen you got a chucky gurantee on it

all you doomsayers go f your selfs

i like this one :

"Surely if Elenin Was Going to Hit the Earth NASA/the Government Would Hush it Up? Which government? The Australian Government, the UK Government? The Italian Government? The South African Government? Amateur astronomers world wide are following this comet and continually talking to each other. The have the programs to work out where the comet is going. If the comet was coming anywhere near us, the amateur community would be first to know, and there is no keeping them quite. Consider how wide spread the information is about Apophis, which is a real, if extremely marginal, hazard."

astroblogger.blogspot.com...
edit on 20-7-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What? No doom? No gloom?
This place is in pathetic decadence...

But don't worry, there's a whole gov't out to get ya!

join