It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just another murder

I do believe that there is a conspiracy against police here on ATS.

Recently there was quite a bit of outrage expressed here on ATS over the killing of Oscar Grant. He was killed by a Bay Arear rapid transit police officer.

Search Oscar Grant and you can read the outrage here on ATS.

His mom was awarded 1.3 million dollars Article

Now, one of his best friends was murdered. Only, it wasn't done by a police officer.The victim set up the memorial page on myspace for Oscar Grant. It was most likely a gang related homicide. Victim Of Shooting At Gas Station Was Grant's Friend

I'd like to know where is all the outrage over this murder. Two young me dead. But there is only outrage when the shooter is a police officer.

Why isn't there the same outrage when one gangster murder another?

The results are the same, one dead person from a bad area of town. In Oscar Grants case, his mom gets over a million dollars. In the case of Johntue Caldwell the family gets nothing and it seems like it's hardly worth reporting.

What's the difference?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Because the police are meant to look after us - not kill us.

Gang war has been going on forever and wont end. Everyone knows this. For a police officer to shoot and murder someone who was innocent or did not deserve it is alot worse than some dudes with tattoo's pissing off other people and ending up in a fight.

Thats why.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I am sure with your intelligence, you are able to work out the subtle differencies. Hmmm i wonder what they could be?

Seriously bud, come on.

Fail of a thread.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I'd like to know where is all the outrage over this murder. Two young me dead. But there is only outrage when the shooter is a police officer.

Why isn't there the same outrage when one gangster murder another?

The policeman is paid from taxpayer money as a peace officer. Murder is unusual.

The gangster typically uses violence as a method to resolve disputes. Murder is not so unusual.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
That is just silly. It's sort of like trying to compare apples to oranges. Someone kills another person in gang related violence. That is a terrible thing. Police are supposed to uphold the law. Their job is supposed to be to protect and serve the public. Therefore when police abuse their position of authority, or break the laws they are supposed to uphold, people are obviously outraged. This should be fairly simple to understand.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

What's the difference?

People are taught that police are here to protect and serve ALWAYS I remember officer friendly in kindergarden, he seemed cool. AndI was cool with them being like that. Well until on shooting occured with a youth (black) running with a nintendo game ZELDA and was shot and killed by polic. Whe I realized they are not all officer friendly brand it messed up my mind. why because again people feel like police are to be counted on. Further as I grew I would see various situations where lets say mafia had cases and there were snitches as they are called. thses snitches had to hide from the mafia and crooked greedy cops
now how in the hell is it that people had to worry about cops being brough out for information another strike. Last we gets closer to my adult age and its seen there is a drug war yet THERE IS NO WAY FOR IT TO WORK IF THE POLICE AND CRIMINALS ARE WORKING TOGETHER TO GET THE DRUGS INTO CERTAIN COMMUNITIES. this was my final straw to realize that we are on our own over all yes there are many good cops with good hearts and they are sensed but the fact that money can buy some cops out has ruined the police. these things I observed were observed globally and this is why cops are not liked to much. Due to ther ebeing so many ignorant 1z they have impurified officer friendlied outlook with gang mentality.

So whe people see cops killing they are frustrated by the fact that this supposed good force can seem so evol. The gangster killing as you call it was observed from above but below its just violence, sapiens sapiens violence. when the police are observed below by their pers it infuriates them that those here to protect and serve are potentially evol making them feel lost with no real protection.

Keeping it one hunid there are still places in the Americanaz were you can hear someone get shot and the police wont get there till late after the killers gone. Also there are places where gunshots seem norm and no police are called because the people in the neighborhoods are afraid that if they speak the killer will catch up to them befor the police force does. And it REALLY happens that way sometimes.

Its sad there needs to be a cleans as sad as it is to say where the bad police and good police face off- the process may be deadly and messy but the end result would be police that can be trusted by civilians.

be well
edit on 7/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Police are there to protect, they have a responsibility to do so.
"gangsters" do not fall in the same category.
I do not not know of the men responsible so i cannot judge them, but who do you suggest should compensate the victim of the gang shooting, citizen paid taxes perhaps?
If one lives by the sword they can surely not complain if they die by it.

Although any loss of life may be seen as tragic and one humans life is truely worth the same as any other.
As allways condolences to any bereaved familly and friends.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I do understand.

Police are never supposed to make mistakes. Police are held to a standard that is absolute and unforgivable. When they put on the badge to serve and protect, if they should make a mistake, then all police are bad.

I do get it. I just find it a little small minded by the people here on ATS.

I do believe that the bad police should be weeded out. I do believe that police make mistakes. But I also don't know of any system that can be put in place to make the situation better.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

When they put on the badge to serve and protect, if they should make a mistake, then all police are bad.

I do get it. I just find it a little small minded by the people here on ATS.

I don't believe many people have that shallow a viewpoint. Plenty of people debate the mitigating circumstances. Police shoot people on a daily basis. It's the questionable shootings that draw outrage.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I do believe that the bad police should be weeded out. I do believe that police make mistakes. But I also don't know of any system that can be put in place to make the situation better.

Yes they make mistakes and are not perfect so I dont think the communities look at them like they gotta stay perfect. They just gotta carry more compassion. Like yea since they know this hood has killings on the reg. dont just let it be the norm there. And as far as a system that can make it better IT MAY BE A FORM OF DIVINE INTERVENTION needed from above-

Be well

top topics

join