It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery as UFO Footage Emerges

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g
reply to post by RUSSO

Hi Russo; if you pause this last video at the 19-20 second mark, right before the zoom in, you will see an intensely white, more flat object behind the cloud; very interesting...

but as always, people in general are so pessimistic and downright anal that they cannot reserve judgement and admit that, without in-depth analysis by a video expert, that no one really can say what it is or isn't...

but so goes the way of the pseudo-skeptics...

seeker

Hi seeker,
I'm struggling to find a constructive way to answer your post, because looking back over this page, I think that I'm pretty much the only one who's been posting alternative explanations for this "UFO"
I'm guessing therefore that the "pessimistic and downright anal" comments were aimed at me, or people like me?
Also that we cannot reserve judgement, and admit that no one can say what the object is without expert analysis?

If can quote RUSSO's OP for a second?
"Ok, this one is new to me. If not CGI (and I think its not), what this can be? "

We are being asked for our opinions on what this object might be.
That, I think is generally how it works here no? Someone posts something interesting for others to look at and comment on. Opinions and debate are encouraged. Ignorance denied and all that.

I've commented several times that I find this video interesting, and that I'd love it to be a REAL UFO.
I've analysed the footage as best I can (is that being anal??
) and I've offered my OPINION on what else the "object" might be.
I've described exactly what I personally see in the video, and explained why.
I've provided several video end photo examples of the phenomenon that I'm seeing to back up my opinion.
I've shown that the diamond shape changes to a point of light when the camera re-focuses.
I've shown that this diamond effect can be caused by the video camera itself and provided examples as evidence.
I've explained that when the camera is focused on the sky (clouds) far away, the point of light is out of focus (and therefore most likely much nearer the camera).
I've also asked several questions regarding why, if this is indeed a large object interacting with the clouds, we don't see any effect on the clouds.
I think I have answered pretty much every point or question that's been raised in the thread, with a genuine possible explanation, but I haven't heard any definitive reason why my own theory should be dismissed.
No one has really answered any of my points with the exception of zorgon (thanks zorg) who has kindly acknowledged that video cameras can indeed cause this transparent diamond type of effect.

I think in summary I just wanted to say that I've been doing exactly what RUSSO asked us to do, to give our opnions. I don't consider myself to be pessimistic in any way. I don't understand why you would want me to "reserve judgement" on a topic that we've been invited to comment on, even though I don't think I did "judge" anything, (if you read my earlier posts you will see that I frequently mention that "this is just my opinion".
I'd LOVE to see a stabilised version of the vid being analysed by an expert too! That'd be great.

One last point, the second white object that you mentioned is visible in the latest posted version of the vid looks, to me, like a secondary reflection of the small point light source, as would be seen when looking through double glazed windows. (When viewing a reflected image on double glazing, you sometimes get a secondary reflection from the second pane of glass). Just my opinion of course!

Take care, (and sorry if this came across as a wee bit of a rant!)
GTD

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Nay, lad, don't be assuming; my comments do say people in general and were not directed at you; you are doing a very good job; but I also have to consider that the gent who filmed this has also stated that members of his family have also seen it; I am very familiar with lens flare and the effects of digital zoom maxing out, reflected light sources and bugs on glass.

Yet I have also seen objects with my own eyes that are un-explainable to me, and to those that witnessed them at the same time; some I believe to be black ops / military, others, who knows?

I have been told by people I know and trust that "camoflauge" is way ahead of what is commonly accepted as being the norm and not fantasy. But no worries, if I was taking a dig at you, it would have been addressed to you and you alone.

seeker

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

What needs to be done here is a stabilization to determining if this object is consistent with the motion expected of a lens aberration... not a recreation of a similar effect

As my previous post, I made an attempt to stabilize the video in question. It was not a lunacognita work, but I think now it's better to see the "object".

I used the VirtualDub program with a plugin. Did one with the vegas too, but VD made a better job.

edit on 26-7-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

is that the object is just a small light source

Now, with the stabilize vid I think you are rigth mate.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Yeah, Thanks for the stabilised version RUSSO, it is definitely a bit clearer.

I think it does tend to support the theory that the object is a small, bright, light source - probably close to the camera.

regards,

GTD

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

looks real to me, im no expert though.i have read that aliens have the technology to cloak and appear invisible to the human eye. i dont have a source, i just remember readin it when i was surfing the net.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I just came across this one that looks eerily similar. This is from last November so some here will already have seen this. The imperfect diamond shape looks pretty close to the OP.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I scrutinized this video very carefully.

It is a glare on window.

Note after the first, seemingly amazing, left to right movement, he accidentally jostles the camera and it magically vanishes! Then, watch carefully as the adjustment of the focus reveals the shine on the glass. it is only when the focus shifts to the clouds that it becomes the vaguley ufo-shaped transluscent image. Also note, during its initial movement phase that it seems to move on a slight diagonal that, when you watch it crafeully, reveals itself to be a shine on a flat plane of glass that is at a slight angle to the viewer.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

Watch it again- how can it project onto the blue of the sky? There are no clouds there...
It's hitting empty sky.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

That sure looks like one of those classic saucer shapes.
Wow glad they are still around.
Well there are not too many moving parts so service life might be 20 years and
then just a new engine if not some secret environmental device is used.
Of course all we see is the bright light all around the ship.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hi All,

I had an email today from Graham Fraser, the journalist who wrote the original piece in the Glasgow newspaper concerning the film footage at the beginning of this thread. He was also able to send me the telephone number of John McGregor the man who shot the film footage. I am not going to publish the phone number here in an open forum such as ATS, but I am a little unsure what to do with the number now that I have got it.

Do you think an idea would be to call him and ask him to join the ATS discussion about his film footage, and then agree a certain time and date online for members to ask him questions? Or do you think the best way forward is for ATS members to forward their questions on this thread and then I try and ask him over the phone, then I compile the answers and add them to this thread?

One other thing that Graham Fraser did mention in his email was that John McGregor does not believe his film footage to be of a UFO, he believes it to be of some kind of military craft. What kind of military craft, I have no idea............

So that's all that the brief email consisted of, let me know of any thoughts you may have and if people want to take this further, and in which way would you like to do it....

Hope all this makes sense....

Cheers

Dave

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Hi there. I just found this thread.

I saw something which sounds similar here in Glasgow in September, 2009.

Others in the Glasgow area saw it too. We are quite close to Bonnybridge - Military area.

I live 5 mins away from the Whiteinch area. I would be interested to speak to Mr McGreggor.

Russo S&F for you.

edit on 19-11-2011 by maya27 because: S&F to Op.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by maya27
reply to post by davethebear

Hi there. I just found this thread.

I saw something which sounds similar here in Glasgow in September, 2009.

Others in the Glasgow area saw it too. We are quite close to Bonnybridge - Military area.

I live 5 mins away from the Whiteinch area. I would be interested to speak to Mr McGreggor.

Russo S&F for you.

edit on 19-11-2011 by maya27 because: S&F to Op.

Oh hai, if you get a meeting with him gimme a shout so I can come along

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Sure. Do you live nearby?

Had any good sightings of something similar? I'm busy, but if you have a thread about anything you have seen in the area, you could U2U me a linky...

Got a car? I only have pushbike or underground/bus.

You could go meet him

If DavetheBear gives me his number or email addy, I will talk to him before arranging to meet up. He might be apprehensive about meeting up with two ATSers! LOL.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

well imho thats no cloud
clouds dont move about like that imo
i love my opinion

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

If you check the 15 through18 seconds section of the video, you can see the object either enter a cloud or go behind it, becoming flatter and much brighter. I think the diamond shape is caused by the camera being out of focus.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Bkrmn because: Spelling mistakes.... (15 trough 18 seconds)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Sure. Do you live nearby?

Had any good sightings of something similar? I'm busy, but if you have a thread about anything you have seen in the area, you could U2U me a linky...

Got a car? I only have pushbike or underground/bus.

You could go meet him

If DavetheBear gives me his number or email addy, I will talk to him before arranging to meet up. He might be apprehensive about meeting up with two ATSers! LOL.

I am nearby yeah, probably about 10 mins from Whiteinch. I've got a good view over the city looking south west but most nights the sky is just a brown haze. I don't drive either I'm afraid. I've posted about the orange orbs and various things, haven't been on here very long but always had an interest in this and other conspiracies, a friend told me about a lot of the David Icke stuff over 20 years ago, before David Icke came out with it. He ended up going insane and his brother too, the knowledge they had along with some paranormal activity drove them nuts, so I tend to approach things a lot more carefully.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Hi Neighbour. I sent a U2U to Dave thebear, so far no reply. Do you want to chase up the fone number?

Forgot to say, yes, I've seen lots of those Orange things shooting around. At first I thought it was flares, but too fast for Chinese Lanterns.

I've U2U'd you.

edit on 21-11-2011 by maya27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Hi Neighbour. I sent a U2U to Dave thebear, so far no reply. Do you want to chase up the fone number?

Forgot to say, yes, I've seen lots of those Orange things shooting around. At first I thought it was flares, but too fast for Chinese Lanterns.

I've U2U'd you.

edit on 21-11-2011 by maya27 because: (no reason given)

I eventually worked out what a U2U was.. and replied, cheers

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Congratulations. LOL.

davethebear where are you with those contact details?.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join