It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News of the World phone hacking whistleblower found dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If I ran an insurance company, I would include in the fine print an escape clause if it were ever determined you were a corporate/government whistle-blower.

The life expectancy of a whistle-blower nowadays can be estimated in days, not years.

But hey, it's all just a fluke of odds I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by newcovenant

Well, that is interesting. Said to be dead from natural causes. I'm afraid I have serious doubts about that. This guy was the link to connecting Andy Coulson to the knowledge of phone hacking.

"The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but not thought to be suspicious. Police investigations into this incident are ongoing."

I wonder if this the Met carrying out the investigations.

edit on 18-7-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

I think investigators will SAY "not suspicious" so as NOT to tip off the perpetrator they may be on to them. I don't think the fact they say this now means anything, except maybe they are setting a trap. Seriously - How can they say that and mean it? This death happening now is quite suspicious, no matter what caused it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Your right it proves nothing, but this is a conspiracy site and someone close to an ongoing investigation has been found dead. Someone who possibly had information that could have effected some powerful people. Sounds like a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
If I ran an insurance company, I would include in the fine print an escape clause if it were ever determined you were a corporate/government whistle-blower.

The life expectancy of a whistle-blower nowadays can be estimated in days, not years.

But hey, it's all just a fluke of odds I'm sure.

GREAT!
Love this.
So true.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Off topic but I been expecting Bradley Manning to die of bad jailhouse hooch or something similar so they don't have to take him to trial after Obama declared him guilty.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

It really disturbs me how quickly everyone is reaching the absolute conclusion that Murdoch et al murdered him.

Yeah, no kidding!

Come on, people! Good Lord! They don't even mention anything about suicide, either, so perhaps there's evidence to suggest it is nothing more than natural causes or an overdose. I have to say that in the midst of this Murdoch whirlwind right now, it certainly wouldn't have been prudent to whack a whistleblower on top of everything else.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

And men with that much power and money NEVER influence governments...mmm

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yes, it does sound like a conspiracy. I'm inclined to believe that it is one. But we need to step back and actually look at this rationally. There is a difference between Proof and Suspicion/Speculation!

All that is proved is that we need to watch this case closely. Everything else is speculation.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I thought having a drink and drugs problem would have been a pre-requisite for a tabloid hack.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Having a buttload of money does not mean you are smart, just means you can hire a PR company to make you LOOK smart. George Bush? Wait...his PR company sucked at making him look smart.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It doesn't have to be Murdoch to do the 'whacking' here.... we can;t be certain how long this practice was being used by the corporate media... police are certainly involved as well, and should be considered likely suspects.... assuming the coroner doesn't call it death by appendicitis or something.

Let's face it, this is the true face of corruption showing here... deaths are part of the package.

That they would "point out" that he had been in rehab in the past is par for the course.... you know, vilify the victim... it's what the justice systems of the western world almost always do.

link   

"The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but not thought to be suspicious.

How the hell can the death be unexplained but not suspicious?? Especially in light of everything going on... this really stinks.

link   

They've said the death is unexplainable although it "appears" not to be suspecious. Nothing is carved in stone until AFTER the coroner's report and inquest.

If it was suicide you can almost guarantee he was most probably threatened in some way, Murdoch is not the kind of man who would just let a whistleblower get off scot free without somehow trying to destroy him in some way.....could had been financial, threats made on his family; we don't know. Now after loosing 2 police chiefs (4 cops all up have resigned), I'd say 99.9% sure this man had received death threats.

What get's me since this story broke.....the Murdoch family look just way too smug for my liking.....even today in London they were all smiles.

I also know there are some family scobbles going on behind the scenes between sister and brother.

edit on 18-7-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yep i have been seeing police at the house all day, I live only minutes from his house, They say there not treating it a suspicious,

I will have a dig around there tomorrow and see what there saying,

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

HA! I am an American! Screw rationality. Shoot first and ask questions later! Jump to conclusions BEFORE having the facts? Baby, that's just not how we operate.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Why in God's name are you so hellbent on defending Murdoch and his minions? C'mon man, get real, they can do just about anything and make it appear as if something else occurred. the sad thing is we'll probably never be able to prove it. not in this lifetime anyway.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Good catch.

As I understand it Murdoch has strong connections within the police force, so IMO any type of investigation that takes place is already sabotaged.

I doubt we will ever get the truth.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Great find! *S&F* I was hoping someone would find a news article on the whistle blower and any implications of ratting out Murdoch. Like someone else here has already said, the plot thickens

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Also here is a link to our town online news, as you may get better updates when the news of this gets swept under the carpet,
www.watfordobserver.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Seems like, Murdoch & Co are killing people off now. They will try to blame it on this:

You misspelled MI5 & Co.

There are over 4,000 cases of phone hacking reported to the London Bobbies,
and none of them are being investigated. How is the systemic dirty culture
of London, Murdoch's fault. Explain that bit of blame-game for me.

David Grouchy

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join