It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Chinese Restaurants the Key to the Next "Red Dawn"?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I hope so! Also bring in a Thai dawn and a Vietnamese Dawn,,,,love that food!!!

CJ

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by gncnew

I hope so! Also bring in a Thai dawn and a Vietnamese Dawn,,,,love that food!!!

CJ

I hate Thai food - the whole peanut sauce thing is just not my bag.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

GASP

How could you say that? There is an excellent Thai place by where I live, ill bring you there and I am pretty sure you will love Thai food from then on. It's not all peanut sauce either.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

They come by boat. Several years ago (oh maybe about 1997/1998) a freighter loaded with Chinese illegal immigrants ran around in Rockaway, NY ... there were hundreds of them on the beaches as the NYPD, the Coast Guard, and the Border Patrol tried to catch them all. It was called the Golden something, Golden Dragon maybe. Im sure it's online somewhere. My uncle was an FDNY firefighter involved with the rescue efforts.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Sure...I hate American food...that ketchup thing is not my bag...

CJ

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by gncnew

Sure...I hate American food...that ketchup thing is not my bag...

CJ

Hmmm, Ketchup is a condiment added to food by the one eating. Peanut sauce is an ingredient in the actual dish.

little different. Now - if you said "deep fried".. you'd be onto something - but you didn't so you fail

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
reply to post by javajunkie

Too much to quote, but just a couple FYI:
1. Business loans and 30 year fixed rate mortgages are not the same thing. Do the math again.
2. Hackers gain lots of useful info - but 24k files do not a complete picture make. Your trying to argue the point with non-related facts.

You just joined yesterday... Yet your really ready to go toe to toe here to debunk? Why? Why here and now?

This is absolutely absurd. Toe to toe? Dude. Take another pill. I am also glad you "really don't hate chinese people" This is the most obviously racist and absurd thread I have ever seen here. BOOOOOO!!!!!

CJ

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Lol why does this remind me of cartman when he tried to stop chinese invading through restaurants?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
How do you know that the people working in these restaurants are actually Chinese and not some other asian nationality? For starters a lot of those places aren't even necessarily chinese places but asian. Most people just assume it's chinese, just like some people assume any asian people they see are either chinese or japanese. I've talked to several people in these restaurants (back in the day my best friend and I basically lived at a couple "Chinese" restaurants near his place.) and none of the people we talked to were Chinese. My friend was in love with Mao (he was what I call a "coffee shop revolutionary"). He would always bring Mao's little red book with him and make it a goal to talk to whoever worked there every single time we would visit and if my memory is correct we never once actually met a Chinese person. I think the actual number of chinese working in these restaurants is a lot less than people assume.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Crackavelli

Exactly. Go to NY. MY favorite Mexican restaurant in the East Village was staffed with Irish, Managed by a Korean and owned by a guy from Albequerque.

CJ

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join