It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apology....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I don't know if this is the right place to put this, so Mods please feel free to move it if need be.

I made a thread, my first one, and I deleted the comments, which was unfair on the people that had posted. I did plan on deleting the whole topic, I didn't realise this wasnt possible until after I had saved the comments I had deleted, if that makes sense.

I am sorry to those people who commented. I felt stupid, like the whole thread was a waste of peoples time, including my own.

I dont want to feel that I have to lurk again and not be able to comment (which I do at present), and as a new member, I hope that my mistake can be seen for what it was, just a newbies error. A stupid one maybe, but still an error.

I will think long and hard before making a new thread, which wont be for a long while I shouldn't think! But I would like to post again, without off topic comments being made about it on threads I post on. I spent a long time as a lurker before joining, so I really would like to feel at ease again. Im not sure if I should have just left this alone and carried on and let it pass, but I am feeling guitly as someone pointed out to me, I acted like a Princess, and I get the jist of that. I'd really like to just move on now

edit on 18-7-2011 by CherryV because: ETA

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

Explanation: S&F!

Awesome attitude... you never did any wrong [that I saw] so I don't need to forgive you at all!

But on behalf of my fellow like minded members I'd like to thank you for your bravery and bold apology!

Personal Disclosure: It takes a real member to admit they were mistaken! 2nd chance granted [in my books] and I hope that my fellow members can find it reasonable to give this member another go.

P.S. To all others ...They have clearly learned their lesson...and it often takes a mistake to learn from and I thinks this deserves an A+ ok. S&F if you also concur ok.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

Starred and Flagged !

Hello CherryV,

Newbie or not, Welcome to the Club !! It happens to all of us. You are very very far from being alone !! It takes courage to admit mistakes and offer apologies. You might not be proud of a thread you put up but you should be proud of the way you react to it.

If you take a look at the ATS superstar's profiles, you'll notice threads that bombed. Take a look at Moderator's profiles and you will see the same. They've all been here longer than we have, are way more popular than we are and they do crash and burn every once in a while...

Just shows we're all humans !

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
S&F I agree - nothing to forgive - honest error deleting your OP thinking it would delete the thread.

After reading the comments from other members, I think I might have enjoyed your thread.

I'm curious why you would want to delete it? Is it because some didn't agree with your interpretation?

I thought they were mostly really nice, and sometimes they're not so nice. Be sure when you post a thread, you will encounter both helpful responses as well as obviously mean "trolling" responses, with variations in between. Don't let it deter you from posting.

Just ...try to take the negativities with a grain of salt. ♥

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hey Cherry, There's nothing to forgive at all,
And really your thread was not bad at all,

The thing is around here as you will learn is that you need to have a little thick skin sometimes, Your post was not pointless (Just have a peek at some of my older ones) I posted a very similar thing to you, And your thread was of interest to me.

Not everyone always gets what we are trying to say, But its ok

So no apology needed what so ever xx And no lurking!!! heheh

If you need any help please know that we are like one big family here and will help you when needed, Im only a message away so please dont be a stranger lol,

Right now get back to posting you!!!
:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Thanks

Oh no, it wasnt any of the comments, they all had very valid points~ it was me, I thought ack, what on earth did I pick this for as my 1st thread! Ha! And thought I could just delete the whole lot..

I am not 'in it' for the points, so to speak, Im not particuarly eloquent, so will never been a top poster, just wanted to join in the banter with likeminded people. Just figured I would try and clear the air so I could join in again

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

Don't doubt yourself
Im far from eloquent! and not the best in my writing skills, simply as you say be yourself, give your opinion and enjoy learning from others too,

Believe me i think your going to be a great poster here, I can just see it

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hey dude,

top points for bravery, not easy puttin yourself out there on this site, the locals can get quite nasty LOL

I would imagine most people feel somewhat nervous when making a post let alone a thread as when u put time and effort in you want it to be appreciated and sometimes it sucks when it isnt.

Dont go back to lurking, people who dont make mistakes generally dont make anything
all part of the fun and the learning curve of ATS

P.s Im still fairly new myself and know exactly how you feel

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
people who dont make mistakes generally dont make anything

oooooo I like that
I'm saving it ♥

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
people who dont make mistakes generally dont make anything

oooooo I like that
I'm saving it ♥

You can save it but you owe me one back

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

Hey CherryV..

If I remember right, I was one of those who posted in your thread before it was suddenly deleted and I have to admit, I was a little bit surprised by it. Mainly because it really wasn't a bad thread at all, far from it. In fact, you should have been proud for creating such an interesting thread, especially since it was your first one here.

Admittedly, I really do wish you kept the thread up as It could've turned into something really good as well. But, unfortunately It's gone and I really hope you write a new one again real soon. And I wish you good luck when you decide to do it.

Oh, and don't forget that every single person posting here will write something up they're not that particularly proud of. Best thing to do though is to just forget about it, move on, and concentrate on writing something that you can feel proud of.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
so where did you go then?

new topics

top topics

join