It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish settlers are terrorising Palestinians, says Israeli general

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...
For several years now, I have been an outspoken opponent of the illegal Israeli settlers who I have always referred to as "terrorists". Each time I have posted threads on the terrorist actions of the settlers I have been attacked with the typical epitaths of "Jew hater" or their favorite, "anti-semitic" NOW, I feel vindicated as an Israeli General has now identified some settler actions as "terrorism" just as I have in the past.

As head of Israeli Central Command, Major General Avi Mazahi cannot be ignored. These extrememist settlers for years have burned mosques, set fire to Palestinian olive groves, destroyed Palestinian property and murdered innocents.

Now with the terrorist activities clearly identified by the Israeli high command we can perhaps expect a shift in IDF policy which heretofore has pretty much ignored the terrorists. We can only hope!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Israel is taking a note from the Third Reich and are expanding their "lebensraum". Disgusting. Everyone deserves a home, but not at the expense of others.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Why don't they just give the Jews the land where they came from and be done with it. Every race comes from somewhere so just put em where they were forced out of a long time ago.

Problem solved. As for the terrorists they are everywhere. I remember black churches being burnt down in America quite often back in the day so no news there.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
that whole area needs a good dosage of secularism.

jews this, muslims that, just get along.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

For once, why don't you give us an unbiased source?
This article is a complete distortion of what he says.

Here is the actual interview on the Israeli channel 2.

reshet.ynet.co.il...

Nowhere in this interview does he say that all settlers are terrorists. He is referring to the “tag price” group that is suspected in burning mosques and olive trees. He very clearly say that this group is the “minority of the minority”. He goes on to say: “the outright majority of the settlers in Judea and Samaria, are peaceful law abiding citizens, and it's are duty to protect them.”

Nowhere does he say they killed Palestinians. He is saying that if their actions will escalate to killings, it might lead to escalation of violence. Those few people are not organized, but it's an individual actions of a very small minority. “ The IDF and the police has successfully hindered some of their plans, and if enough evidence against them are gathered, they will by tried and end up behind bars. This is all being done in parallel with our everyday actions against the Palestinian Terror. Our success in preventing Palestinian terror from flowing into Israel, is not usually brought to the public's knowledge.”

Why do you personally keep doing business with the terrorist state of Israel Mr Gem Man?...Oh, I forget.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
And let's not forget this:

Foreign anarchists and Palestinian Authority Arabs were caught on film Sunday setting fire to a wooded area outside the Jewish town of Bat Ayin, in the Etzion Bloc (Gush Etzion) between Jerusalem and Hevron. Bat Ayin is three minutes from Alon Shvut and the Har Etzion Hesder Yeshiva. . The fire damaged many plants, including olive trees.”

groups.yahoo.com...

What ???? Palestinians burning their own trees???

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

trying a false flag thingy? is that what they were doing?

i thought that was reserved only for super powers?

good thing they don't have white phosphorus bombs, eh?

eta; oh yeah, sarcasm/off!
edit on 18-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Forced apartheid is the farthest thing from democracy.
Reminds me of the forced religion that was implemented
on the north american Indians. eg. israel forces curriculum on private Palestinian schools

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

of course it does.

how could i have been so blind, after all the evidence to the contrary.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

He goes on to say: “the outright majority of the settlers in Judea and Samaria, are peaceful law abiding citizens, and it's are duty to protect them.”

Is there any legal settlers on Palestinian land??

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

For once, why don't you give us an unbiased source?
This article is a complete distortion of what he says.

Here, straight from israel, Herretz.com,
Israelis to march in Jerusalem in support of Palestinian independence Viva Palestine

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
From the history i've read I don't think that most of where the Palestinians are now are where they came from originally. Weren't they more of a coastal tribe?

I'd love to know the history of this without spending hours digging through research.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

I have no way of distinguishing wether what you are saying is true or false and here is why.
a) The video dosen't work and I can assume it is in Hebrew
b) You haven't translated the Hebrew for us
c) You hav lied to us before... Just saying

From the OP source we see he does not call the settlers terrorists but essentially he implies so with the following:

"What's happening in the field is terrorism," General Mizrahi told Channel 2's Meet the Press, and it "needs to be dealt with." The Israel Defence Forces (IDF), he said, fears "terrorism against Palestinians is likely to ignite the territories."

Of course I am anticipating that you will blame me for not being versed in the Hebrew language and being unable to translate, however that is not my job and if your argument is intended to be serious then that is your job. Also, if you are going to bombard the OP with claims that he/she is using a biased source, please refrain from using biased sources like www.israellycool.com and www.virtualjerusalem.com- ureself.
edit on 18-7-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The op has a history of very strongly orientated posts against Israel and brings up the smallest things out of context to prove to us that Israel is the devil.

I have yet to see him present a logical arguement where both sides are equally presented.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
From the history I've read, most of the Jews now living in Israel have no genetic link to the land they now live on..

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Where does your history book say they came from?

I'm curious to know since I do see Jeruslem mentioned alot in the early history of the Jewish people. Was that city located somewhere else at one time?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

It is not a wise thing to do when you tell others to read history when you yourself are ignorant of it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
This used to be one of my favourite topics, not because I really care or am informed but because you were always gauranteed a good debate/argument. I am personally on the side of the Palestinians as the thought of a group of people laying claim to a land they "owned" 2000 yrs ago is just %@#*&% ridiculous.
By that logic I should be in England or Scandinavia, All the Americans need to move as the Native Americans have a much longer and more viable claim to the States, Aussies and Kiwis sorry we gotta go as the Aboriginals and the Maoris are now back in charge, the list could go on.

Neither side of this argument argue with any logic and always resort to blatant propaganda or religious rubbish to support their views.
Sometimes the propaganda is so bad and so obviously propaganda that I think the other side put it out to discredit the others.

I.e the pro palestinian video that showed israeli settlers who were obviously not Isreali. Youtube is full of crap like that.

This will be my last post on any Israel/Palestine thread as I just find it to frustrating

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

This will be my last post on any Israel/Palestine thread as I just find it to frustrating

They want to drown out our voices, do not let them.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
From the history I've read, most of the Jews now living in Israel have no genetic link to the land they now live on..

sigh,

then who the hell does?

how does one even do that?

"and his blood still cries from the ground"?

talkin ragtime biby, again.

it is written, lol, ya written.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join