It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis and ISS captured from the ground... in broad daylight!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
I'm pretty excited this worked as well as it did. There were not going to be any decent night time passes of ISS or the shuttle during the final mission from my location, so I attempted to capture it this morning instead. I've never succeeded in directly capturing ISS during the day like this. You can see the white shape of Atlantis and the black spot of its engine compartment at the top of the image when ISS first appears.
Amazing footage, you should be really proud. However if the object you filmed was saucer or cigar-shaped, most here would be calling you a liar and calling CGI.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Troofseeker
However if the object you filmed was saucer or cigar-shaped, most here would be calling you a liar and calling CGI.

Funny you should say that...

Sorry, couldn't help myself

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Nice job on the vid! I never realised you could see it in this manner in daylight. Well done sir.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
nice video

i didnt even know it was possible to see the station from the ground like that

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

I am so impressed with this footage...just absolutely amazing and it made me think of the distance away from us that you were able to capture it so well...Loved this. Thanks so much for sharing.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

What an excellent feat and a remarkable way to spend your spare time.
Good for you!

Thanks for sharing your great footage

S&F

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Now that i watch this video a few more times i think this:

Imagine if the upper most part of the ISS (the round part at the top) were flying around (ie a spaceship) that far up in the atmosphere sans the rest of the station it were attached to. It would appear as a dot zipping around in the sky. It seems to be only a small dot in this video but upon closer inspection it would become apparent that it is larger than a house (how big is that exactly, anybody know??)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Where on youtube can this video be found? I would like to put this on my blogspot and need to know how to find it at youtube.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Fantastic work. I'd like to attempt to try this sometime. Well, sadly, it wont have a shuttle attached. I just need to get a better tripod. I've got an excellent camera, just need to brace it well enough.
Thanx for posting!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
So if UFO's are actually spaceships extraordinarily high in space and they appear to glow because of the sun reflecting off the material it's made of i only have one more question. Why do they "zip" around all crazy with no apparent direction

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Could you tell us your subscription name at youtube so that we could see it there too? thanks!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Good luck tomorrow. Can't wait to see what you get this time..I would love to be able to subscribe to your videos at youtube. Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LiteraryOneTwo

Hello again, I found it finally and subscribed. I also thought about ufo's being caught at such a distance as a few others have remarked here about how they are so often dismissed and not believed. It makes one think.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Oh man! you missed your opportunity to film it with less zoom and call the the thread[ UFO MOTHER SHIP CAPTURED ON FILM]

Seriously there have been threads started showing the ISS and calling it a mother ship.
Anyway awesome footage star and flag

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Troofseeker

Originally posted by ngchunter
I'm pretty excited this worked as well as it did. There were not going to be any decent night time passes of ISS or the shuttle during the final mission from my location, so I attempted to capture it this morning instead. I've never succeeded in directly capturing ISS during the day like this. You can see the white shape of Atlantis and the black spot of its engine compartment at the top of the image when ISS first appears.
Amazing footage, you should be really proud. However if the object you filmed was saucer or cigar-shaped, most here would be calling you a liar and calling CGI.

If it was CGI, then they would be correct to call it CGI.

The problem with UFOs in general is that, no, there are not any (known) real, true, actual UFO videos that look quite like this video. The reason? Your guess is as good as mine. I, myself, attribute it to the bizarre and enigmatic nature of the phenomenon itself.

The fact that there are so, so many fake CGI UFO videos might give you a clue as to why people call them out so often. Is there something wrong with being correct? I think not.

There are thousands of fake UFO videos out there, so there is ample opportunity to call those people who create them liars. Furthermore, doing so is the right thing to do, because they are doing a disservice to those of us who seriously want to get to the bottom of the issue.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Congratulations on such a difficult capture. and of course it quite possibly is the last video with a space shuttle docked.

we can achieve so much.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Quick thinking to capture it!
Awesome job
Thank you

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Nice vid.

Without going off topic too much, how did you go with capturing the Nanosail-D from a few months ago?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Dude, awesome video! Thank you so much!
S&F for ya!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Im a bit awe struck thank you for that.
You should film UFO's you don't seem to have that parkinson disease that most people have filming them

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join