It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual Preparations at the CDC?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If you've seen my posts you know I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I am very skeptical of everything. But I have a good friend who works at the CDC in Atlanta who is less skeptical and more favorable to conspiracy theories than I. This post deals with something he told me about that he claims to have witnessed at the CDC recently.

I don't claim there is any truth to this story, nor do I have evidence to back it up. However, I felt the nature of it qualified it to be appropriate at a place like ATS. I'm only reporting what I heard from him and make no claims for the story's veracity.

This guy works in a technical capacity as a contractor at the CDC: he hooks up electronics, intranets, CCTV, teleconferences, lights, sound, etc. An "A/V guy" you might say. By the nature of his job he gets access to basically everyone's offices whenever the technical needs arise. (I've heard lots of juicy stuff, BTW)

So he tells me that earlier this week he hooked up a room to have the capacity to teleconference with a bunch of major agencies all at once, such as the DOD, the IMF, NASA, the White House, the Dept of the Interior, the State Dept, etc. (I can't remember them all by memory). Essentially it was a room full of monitors that enabled a place for all of these agencies to converge for conversations or planning. Now, because this guy is a technical problem solver he's always present in these kinds of meetings in case there is a technical issue that needs to be resolved. This time though, once it was all connected he was ordered to leave. He found it quite odd.

Later that day he found himself setting up a live stream coming from NASA to broadcast something to its employees, along with some higher-ups in other agencies such as the CDC. The video from NASA was streaming only and for whatever reason he was unable to capture it to disk, but he claims to have seen the video. In it, someone from NASA instructs the employees of NASA to "begin preparing". For what? We don't know. The instructions were apparently generalized to basic stuff, such as make sure you have a supply of food and water, basic first aid, etc.

According to him, in his opinion, "the CDC is preparing for something big" and apparently the info is only for a selected few at this point.

As I had said, he's conspiracy-theory friendly, and to him he thinks the best way to explain what he saw is that a brown dwarf or comet Elenin or some other doom-from-the-sky is approaching. I told him I thought it could be something more worldly such as an economic catastrophe or perhaps some other cause of social unrest. I don't personally subscribe to the Niburu theory but....whatever. Who knows? This is all anecdotal stuff anyway.

Now, on the web especially, if I hear someone provide something like Niburu as an answer to anything, I call into question anything they've said prior to it, and for good reason. But because I've known this guy personally for nearly a decade and had the ability to verify his reliability in reporting the things he's claimed to have seen - I have no particular reason to suspect he's lying about the things he saw happening at CDC (though I find his space-doom theory implausible). I know I am in a fallacious territory, but I will state again that I am only reporting word on the street. I have no proof or evidence of anything. I simply thought I'd throw out what I'd heard and see what happens.

Anyone else out there employed by such agencies that have noticed anything unusual around the offices lately? Any CDC employees here that could confirm or deny this story I've placed forth?

Anyway, thanks for reading.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Great post.
Sad to say, you will be labeled as a fear monger shortly, by *SIGH* members of a conspiracy forum.

But, I will state that I too have had run ins with portions of the Govt and people within that will lead me to believe that there is definitely something that is worrying them (Govt).

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This video your friend is talking about is on youtube...old news from weeks ago. I am pretty sure it was already talked about here, i'm just too lazy to find it.
I too am wondering about what it means....something we don't know but they do I guess.

youtu.be..." target="_blank" class="postlink">youtu.be...
edit on 15-7-2011 by lilowl53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Thanks for providing a well written alert.

I am upset that there was no mention of a zombie apocalypse, but you can't have everything.

Appreciate the sharing of information.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Your friend is yanking your chain, because he told you a partial truth.

This is the video "stream" from NASA giving the general warning to be "prepared".

It was not classified.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Wasn't there already a thread on here recently about Nasa issuing a strange warning, to it's employees, about being prepared for something...but never going into any detail...like a training film? I thought I remember seeing one. let me do some digging...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Yep...that's the one!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Mainly just being prepared for the worst is all it was...and that should just be common sense anyway. It's just easier to see these days, just how quickly a disaster can overwhelm people that aren't prepared. Accidents happen, mother nature happens....and so do humans and whatever we touch....
Always a good idea to at least take time to keep loved ones safe and those that may not be able to fend for themselves.
That's more to the vid than anything...but yeah....not top secret if that was the one.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Great post.
Sad to say, you will be labeled as a fear monger shortly, by *SIGH* members of a conspiracy forum.

But, I will state that I too have had run ins with portions of the Govt and people within that will lead me to believe that there is definitely something that is worrying them (Govt).

Ah, come on & let's be serious. LOL The governments wouldn't be all that worried simply because they have these so called 'underground' bunkers.

Seriously though. Something's a brewin' and it isn't just the coffee machines.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Whats funny is as I read before you even mentioned elenin I know this thread was gonna lean this way. Why?
ALso the CDC did try to slide passed smoothly the potentials of a zombia apocos. SO who knows what they know. For all we know there could be a celestial visitor that can modify DNA if it encounters any. And I still think of the Agency when I think about elenin and what the Agency said..

Be well.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

S&F for reporting what your friend witnessed. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm actually surprised you even gave it a thought to report it, so kudos for that.

Hopefully, the next time someone comes on ATS and reports something similar (something their "friend" told them) perhaps you might be a little more understanding, even IF there is no evidence to back it up. There's nothing wrong with reporting even the most outlandish claims from people you know and trust, just in case right?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yeah, you know I really frown on fearmongering in general and I knew I ran the risk of being perceived as doing just that by such a post.

I was aware about a NASA warning video as I had seen it referenced on ATS (and people posted in this thread - thanks!). But, according to him this video was broadcast some time this week and I'd suspect it may be another video. Who knows - perhaps it's the same thing, but why stream-only a video that is readily available by link on YouTube?

I personally believe the NASA video though was simply additional information he used to tie the conferencing together with his comet/space-doom theory: puttin' 2 and 2 together. I think he was much more freaked out by all of these departments talking to each other in real time (and being forced to leave) than the generalized "get prepared" video from NASA.

It's all unsubstantiated rumor to me even though I have no reason to suspect he's lying about what he saw. I'm really interested to see if someone else maybe has seen something at their government job that might correlate with this guy's story.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AZsunshine

Originally posted by macman
Great post.

Ah, come on & let's be serious. LOL The governments wouldn't be all that worried simply because they have these so called 'underground' bunkers.

Seriously though. Something's a brewin' and it isn't just the coffee machines.

Ok.

It is amazing what is said in the presence of Telecom/IT/Network/AV people.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Hopefully, the next time someone comes on ATS and reports something similar (something their "friend" told them) perhaps you might be a little more understanding, even IF there is no evidence to back it up. There's nothing wrong with reporting even the most outlandish claims from people you know and trust, just in case right?

I'll bet you're surprised I have friends who believe in Niburu too

You are correct, there are times I've been a jackass about anecdotal stories, though there's currently a thread going around about economic collapse where I was unusually forgiving. Word on the street has value whether true or false, even if it's just to witness some of the benchmarks in the current social zeitgeist.

This anecdotal story had subject matter I felt was well-suited for ATS and I also felt this would likely be a place where someone could confirm it - if it is indeed "confirmable".

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I'll bet you're surprised I have friends who believe in Niburu too

Haha, actually, I'm not all that surprised. As a drummer/musician myself, I have encountered a wide variety of people in my earlier travels with similar beliefs, if not crazier ones.

I even created a thread once trying to figure the connection between the large amount of drummers on ATS (well, musicians in general) and what attracts them to ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Personally, I don't subscribe to the "Nibiru" claims, and sometimes people can get downright ridiculous with it. (reptilians Pleadians etc
) but it can be entertaining at the very least.
edit on 15-7-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Personally, I don't subscribe to the "Nibiru" claims, and sometimes people can get downright ridiculous with it. (reptilians Pleadians etc
) but it can be entertaining at the very least.

Exactly, and I personally don't buy into his explanation whatsoever. But I do believe that he set up teleconferencing with CDC and those other agencies and was asked to leave. And I believe that such secrecy lends a degree of credence to his opinion that the CDC may be preparing for something "big". I won't go beyond that point unless/until I hear/see something that either confirms or denies it.

As I said, I've heard some other juicy tales regarding CDC. Oddly enough there's a thread on ATS at this moment discussing something I heard him tell me (last year) was coming. He may be a bit kooky with the Niburu thing but he seems to be honest in reporting what he experiences there.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Do you have a link to that thread? Now I'm curious.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Sounds like your friend set up a Command Post - and most government agencies would have such a room, so they can coordinate. The CDC would be on the front line if a bio terror attack took place so they would need a coordinated Command Post.

About the NASA prepardness tape - I think this is pretty standard operations across a wide spectrium of Government Agencies - and the summer/pre hurricane months - would be as good a time as any to work this issue considering NASA's location in Florida (yes, I know they have other very large locations) and with summer safety statistics always being high in the accident quotent. When I was in the Navy we always had a safety standown before the crucial 100 days or something like that - when statistically the Navy lost the most sailors to accidents. Being that NASA is a large government agency comprised of and set up by mostly former military it seems logical this mindset would be part of that agency.

I also wonder personally, rather humorously or tragically if NASA wants its employees to be prepared and stocked up with food as they issue mass pink slips as most of their era is coming to completion and really the future of this agency is in question. Maybe that is just my dark thinking. I mean who here in this lifetime expects to see a ramped up program to race to - and explore space again on the horizon? Does the average person look to the stars and skies with wonder anymore? Are we not more focused on if Granny is going to get her SocSec check next month? Its sad. I wish things were different, but that seems to be reality.
edit on 15-7-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Do you have a link to that thread? Now I'm curious.

The thread I saw today was about menthol cigarettes. According to the same guy in the OP, the CDC will be going after tobacco systematically, and eliminating menthol cigarettes was one of the first action items. Apparently the ultimate goal will be to criminalize tobacco use - and the recent "health care bill" gave enormous power to the CDC to set the stage for that (and some other things).

More anecdotal stuff - I know... but the stuff I'm seeing now correlates well with his CDC tales. So I have reason to believe him as being generally truthful to me about some of his experiences.
edit on 15-7-2011 by traditionaldrummer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Hmm, that is interesting (I did see that thread, but didn't make the connection). Makes me think of the prohibition, not sure that plan will go down so well...Anyway, thanks for sharing, hopefully your friend will keep you/us up to date!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join