It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto official Beaten by farmers in India over Failed GMO Bt Cotton Seeds

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

I'm just opposed to that type of justice in general. I think it takes a country backward and is in generally a bad thing to do that should not be approved as a good deed. I don't like appealing to the mob or vigilantes. But I'm okay with you having that opinion.

What I'm not okay with is:

- Being called a troll
- Being called an idiot.
- Being called a talmud-whatever
- Being called heartless
- Being accused of working for a company I do not work for

Basically I do not like being slandered for voicing an unpopular view.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

It is not slander to draw out your lack of knowledge. It's okay, we get your point: Wait on God, or go to hell if you don't. A very common and unimpressive position which serves evil quite well. Not saying you consciously serve evil, just that cowardice and ignorance do.

All good here, I see your position and the avoidance of the tough questions posed to you, thanks for being consistent.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by undo

reply to post by 11azerus11

America is a threat to world peace and a bully. Therefore they deserve to be beaten up. Who cares if the people are not the ones deciding for war but their government is? Their compliance makes them responsible for their government's actions. If they get nuked it's karma!

you realize you're saying this on a site provided by americans and brits, populated mostly by americans and brits, who most of the time agree that the usa needs to bring their soldiers home (and protest it, speak it loudly, say it all over the dang internet and on youtube all the dang time) and stay out of armed conflicts with other nations? we've had marches, protests, books, magazines, newspaper articles. you let me know when your government starts doing what you tell it to, k?

I personally think 547000 is a Indian Muslim caught between hating america and loving the islamic nations living in a non-islamic nation

Just a theory

edit on 19-7-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

I was illustrating how just because you are from a group, and some others from the group do something, it doesn't automatically implicate you of the same actions or motivations.

America is a threat to world peace and a bully. Therefore they deserve to be beaten up.

Well well well...talk about hypocricy just like the politicians...to quote your statement above in italic likewise...just because Americans who are part of the country but not affiliated with politics in anyway or form doesn't automatically implicate them of the same motivations as the politicians
America doesn't deserve to be beaten up or nuked for that matter. Its some of the American Politicians that are the rotten ones who deserves to be voted out

edit on 19-7-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

It is not slander to draw out your lack of knowledge. It's okay, we get your point: Wait on God, or go to hell if you don't. A very common and unimpressive position which serves evil quite well. Not saying you consciously serve evil, just that cowardice and ignorance do.

All good here, I see your position and the avoidance of the tough questions posed to you, thanks for being consistent.

Calling me a troll or an idiot is, I'm afraid.

I answered your questions. You just didn't like my answers and think it's a cop-out.

Anyway, debate over, agreed? Or do you want to put in a few scalding last words?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

America is a threat to world peace and a bully. Therefore they deserve to be beaten up. Who cares if the people are not the ones deciding for war but their government is? Their compliance makes them responsible for their government's actions. If they get nuked it's karma!

you realize you're saying this on a site provided by americans and brits, populated mostly by americans and brits, who most of the time agree that the usa needs to bring their soldiers home (and protest it, speak it loudly, say it all over the dang internet and on youtube all the dang time) and stay out of armed conflicts with other nations? we've had marches, protests, books, magazines, newspaper articles. you let me know when your government starts doing what you tell it to, k?

I personally think 547000 is a Indian Muslim caught between hating america and loving the islamic nations living in a non-islamic nation

Just a theory

I was illustrating how just because you are from a group, and some others from the group do something, it doesn't automatically implicate you of the same actions or motivations.

America is a threat to world peace and a bully. Therefore they deserve to be beaten up.

Well well well...to quote your statement above in italic likewise...just because Americans who are part of the country but not affiliated with politics in anyway or form doesn't automatically implicate them of the same motivations as the politicians
America doesn't deserve to be beaten up or nuked for that matter. Its some of the American Politicians that are the rotten ones who deserves to be voted out

Uh, that was sort of the point. I did not mean it, but I was pointing out the folly involved.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Just a theory

Well well well...to quote your statement above in italic likewise...just because Americans who are part of the country but not affiliated with politics in anyway or form doesn't automatically implicate them of the same motivations as the politicians

Uh, that was sort of the point. I did not mean it, but I was pointing out the folly involved.

Hmm...interesting contradicting statements. You type what you dont believe???or is it the other way around?

I couldn't care less who gets beaten up or not but I understand the frustration of the farmers. In this case the messenger was beaten up. Big deal that he was not killed. Poverty and Hunger are powerful forces that will force (even vegetarian farmer) humans to perform some evasive and horrible actions at times.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

No, I was saying something obviously silly, so people could understand why it's wrong to group people like that.

True, the messenger got beat up, but the way people are cheering it, like it was a good deed instead of something unfortunate--well, I don't think it was such a good deed, just an unfortunate outcome.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot
reply to post by 547000

Congrats on killing the thread...your mission is accomplished.

Give yourself a hug as I am not too sure you have anybody to give you one.

Mosy importantly, you honestly have my sympathy because all the data points away from your beliefs.

Sigh!

This was posted back on page 5.

You seem to be trolling O' Annoying One.

I honestly do not think anyone truly condones the violence.

We get it...your totally against it but now your just babbling to support your vicious cause against violence.

Monsanto is the subject of our angst not the employee. Yet, the employee must take it on the chin for deceiving the farmers. If the employee was oblivious to the wrong-doing then he obviously had some sense knocked into him.

547000 do you have anything of substance to add to this thread?

If not, please go do your apparent trolling on a different site...it has grown...Well...Annoying

Oh, and God Bless!
edit on 7/19/2011 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: typo

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

No, I was saying something obviously silly, so people could understand why it's wrong to group people like that.

True, the messenger got beat up, but the way people are cheering it, like it was a good deed instead of something unfortunate--well, I don't think it was such a good deed, just an unfortunate outcome.

Well I dont know about others but I surely would cheer that atleast the farmers are aware of Monsanto and its profit making scheme and hopefully others will follow in using organic seeds. Hopefully they will all stop buying genetically modified seeds around the world.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

It is not slander to draw out your lack of knowledge.

Calling me a troll or an idiot is, I'm afraid.

Not really, because idiocy is provable. Trolling is still a nebulous concept so I could be complimenting you.

People get paid for trolling so it actually is something lots of folks get to explain at parties and get chicks with, so just relax and go with it. Myself I do it for truth and justice.

As far as I could see, you described that: 1: India has false Gods and , 2: that Jesus is a cheek-turning weakling, and 3: that we should wait on the Hebrew God for hope, while we 4: Obey the law and 5: Remain ignorant of talmud, aka, "law-as-weapon". You didn't hear yourself saying that?

Anyway, to take it a bit further, can you at least agree with me that the corporate person, is by its very nature, a psychopathic and brainless entity, that wouldn't know a seed from shinola?

You see, law, is a violent act. Nature, is all law we need. The violence of law and lawyers, and the passive-aggressive death they peddle under the banner "justice", is allowed and condoned, by the people who coin the money of our world.

I need to be clear on this point: Law is violence, when corporate persons are allowed to project it against actual persons. And for giant heartless behemoth collections of humans called "resources" to empower their company to become a legal person, and to thereby use the courts and the lobby-trough of DC to control the very seeds of Earth, is not cool, in my book, because REAL ACTUAL persons need food, whereas starvation of humans, is not something that matters to the corporate person. Building terminators and wrecking the food supply and sterilizing humans via milk products and all that Mudsanta does, is what psychotic corporate personages do. So the reason I suppport this little Indian farmer and any like him, is because they are actual people, not corporate fictional golems brought to life by lawyers. Starvation is not a concept that negatively affects GDP, so it is therefore impossible for the corporate person, to cede ground to other corporate persons with whom they are in a zero-sum game. It is folly to expect the corporate person to ever act in a way that is positive for humans. That is what Ike warned us about in his last speech. He said "Watch our that research and institutions don't take over the world." ...And he was talking about corporate personages like this one, and how they simple must do evil, unless they are controlled. These gigantic corporate persons and the institutions which share their feathered bed, are by their nature, compelled to see GDP and Fabian-type shaping of humans, as their guiding light. That is terminal for humanity.

And as for the Mudsanta employee, well, the employee of a corporate person, simply serves the larger body. So the employee becomes like bacon, being digested in the bowels, of the corporate person. They will always self-injure, rather than lose their praised job and cash flow. That is the nature of the human resource, aka, the employee. So when one becomes an employee for a corporate personage such as this one, then they are basically becoming bacon for Satan. Now you ask me to equate them with some humble farmers trying to feed their massive crowds of people year in and year out? No, I cannot equate the two. The human resources of Mudsanta do not deserve the same protection as a humble farmer who has realized their lies and their schemes. No, I do not blame the man on the ground, when he finally realizes that has been talked into a chokehold.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Jana12

I'm just opposed to that type of justice in general. I think it takes a country backward and is in generally a bad thing to do that should not be approved as a good deed. I don't like appealing to the mob or vigilantes. But I'm okay with you having that opinion.

What I'm not okay with is:

- Being called a troll
- Being called an idiot.
- Being called a talmud-whatever
- Being called heartless
- Being accused of working for a company I do not work for

Okay ... then, we can agree to disagree ... to each his own.

BTW, I didn't call you or accuse you of being a troll, an idiot, a talmud, or heartless, nor did I slander you. You have been accused of all of those, but it wasn't by me. I did insinuate you might be a Monsanto employee, based on your comments.

No need to reply ... just wanted to set the facts straight and to let you know we don't agree on everything, but, then, we don't need to.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The entire US Patent system (and all patents) are as dead as a second generation terminator seed. It is a fraud and a restriction to innovation. It is patent lawyers and clerks who are gumming up the works. They need to have sufficient time to game-plan the human race, you see?

Notice that IBM has what, 50k patents? FIFTY THOUSAND or so patents and it takes a regular human american citizen what, ten thousand dollars to even secure a patent let alone defend it in court which costs multi thousands of dollars?

So you can see of course that IBM, Mudsanta and any and all corporate personage fictions that claim this or that idea, are like a naked king walking around thinkin he's got clothes on. Their claiming of knowledge or innovations, via the broken patent system and its law-sages, is already doomed. Mudsanta is just keeping the pedal down until the motor blows up. They have to know they have no future, that the corporate person of the future, will be lashed down to the ground, like Gulliver. They of course, being the enemy of plant life on Earth, are essentially standing in front of a rising tsunami of globo-truth.

And now these non-human corporate persons are going to patent the gene sequences and the diverse differences between genes, of plant and animal alike? They will monetize my child's DNA and offer to sell his particular variation back to me? Will they allow me to have tomato seeds that grow more plants or will they be terminator seeds? Also, is this milk engineered to cause sterility? Mudsanta has lots of cruel toys in his sack.

No, they will not be allowed to succeed. Life itself, will find a way, just like in Jurassic Park.

If it takes a T Rex, then that is what nature will call forth.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

My Fellow Genetically Modified 547000 Pumpkin...Where you at dawg?

I just have one question for you:

Since you defend Monsanto, do you believe that every corporation in the world is in business to help it's fellow mankind?

If not, could you please identify, with sourcing, which corporation you believe is not first and foremost established to benefit humanity?

Warmest Regards,

t

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

I agree ... BUT, I've worked for corporations that DO benefit the masses, including myself. They DO exist.

I have worked for several Silicon Valley hi-tech internet start-ups that took off and now employee 1,000's of people. Suffice it to say, we wouldn't be on this Thread if it weren't for these companies. I have also worked for companies that design and develop 'Firewalls', and other encrypted security measures, that protect our computers, so we can safely access websites, and so on. I worked for cellular phone companies ... well, they do provide phone service to whomever wants it and can afford it.

Yes, some of them are rag-bags, their customer-service stinks, and they play games and over-charge customers. But, hey, having a cell-phone is a major convenience. If consumers didn't purchase the product being offered, or they didn't subscribe to a service being offered, they would not have any customers and they would be out-of-business.

Every single time we purchase an inferior product or subscribe to a service offered by a scum-bag company, we are, essentially, 'casting a vote'. That's why I don't purchase food, that is 'packaged poison', disguised as a healthy, convienient 'food' product. I don't want to consume this crapola and I also don't want to 'cast a vote'.

Remember the "Pet Rocks" sold back in the mid-late 1970's? People were buying these rocks, paying good money for a rock when they could have simply went on a nature hike and picked one up off of the ground or walked in their backyard and found one and cleaned it and hand-painted their own message or words on the rock. The guy who made a small fortune selling these rocks, sold them b/c people bought them ... there was a demand ... that is, until the fad finally died and people wised up. No one was forced to buy his Pet Rocks. He wasn't evil. If no one bought the rocks, he couldn't have made his small fortune.

Monsanto has created a monopoly ... a totally unnecessary and despicable, evil monopoly at that ... one that has negative long-lasting and negative far-reaching effects that negatively impact the food supply/industry. Unlike many corporations, at Monsanto the ONLY people who actually gain and benefit are the top-dogs of Monsanto ... no one else, just the head-honchos. The masses do not benefit and the employees probably get screwed left and right.

So, not all corporations are evil. In fact, many are not. I've worked for some, and, all I can say is this ... "I'd be dead or in deep trouble if it weren't for them and so would many people I know, including their families.

These companies provide health benefits for the employee and their families, as well as the opportunity to earn a living so that one has a roof over their heads. They also provide free basic life-insurance so if the employee dies, their family isn't left penniless and doesn't place a burden on others. The 'pay-out' of these policies buys the surviving family members some time to 'get it together' and survive, instead of losing their home b/c 'the bread winner' is gone. Many of these corporations are the backbone of this country.

Sadly, Monsanto is not one of those companies, but, truthfully, not all companies or corporations are evil or up to no-good at the expense of others.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012srb

Actually... if you read the article... the guy (supposedly a Monsanto rep) was beat up for selling BOGUS seed.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I wanted to draw attention back to the epic comments of ATS user 547000 "The annoying one"

But only for these purposes

1: To prep for my reply to him,
2: To bounce a key thread from the seabottom and keep eye on the ball
3: To point out what an awesomely cool city Boulder Colorado is
4: To call out all annoying ones who fail to understand the principle of Jesus. He did not say as 547000 says above "Simply lie back and take the evil.", he stood up for goodness.

www.activistpost.com...

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Monsanto Admittedly Influences Colorado GMO Ban, Launches Phony ‘GMO Co-Existence’ Protests

Anthony Gucciardi

Bloated biotech giant Monsanto has admitted to using their influence to block an initiative introduced by Boulder, Colorado to ban the growing of genetically modified crops on county soil.

While county officials and farmers claimed that Monsanto influence had nothing to do with the blocking of the health conscious legislation, the company itself has admitted to being involved.

Furthermore, Monsanto may have actually set up phony ‘GMO co-existence’ protests in order to voice phony public support against the bill. After the admitted involvement of Monsanto and the curious protests, the county commissioners changed their formerly anti-GMO tune.

Instead of banning GMO crops, the Boulder County commissioners voted unanimously on Tuesday to allow for the growing of some GMO crops on county-owned open land.

So in the exchange above, we have the annoying one, saying that farmers should lay down and take their death, as Jesus said.

I say no, that's wrong.

In Boulder, shall the people now produce clubs and torches, to inspire their county to kick out the destroyers of plants, aka Monsanto?

Shalln't they ever display the fine spirit of the Indian farmer? I mean it's not acceptable to beat someone badly, but waterboarding isn't torture or so the authority claims, therefore shalln't the people of Boulder be allowed Constitutionally, to waterboard their city council to find out who took payments secretly, from the Monsanto cash-coffer?

Fair questions to ponder.
edit on 21-12-2011 by smallpeeps because: link

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Topical here, GMO corn creates hepatorenal toxicity. Or not, according to the defendant, this is all a bunch of hooey.

So then, how do they know?

Or is it just that their policy is to declare everything to be "hooey", and then to run for the hills at the end? You know like all those ENRON people did? Crash the thing then run?

Anyway cotton isn't corn, but still, you have to choose a Monsanto thread and go with it. They are engaging in war against seeds, plain and simple.

War against seeds = war against humanity

www.huffingtonpost.com...

[...]

In the conclusion of the IJBS study, researchers wrote:

“Effects were mostly concentrated in kidney and liver function, the two major diet detoxification organs, but in detail differed with each GM type. In addition, some effects on heart, adrenal, spleen and blood cells were also frequently noted. As there normally exists sex differences in liver and kidney metabolism, the highly statistically significant disturbances in the function of these organs, seen between male and female rats, cannot be dismissed as biologically insignificant as has been proposed by others. We therefore conclude that our data strongly suggests that these GM maize varieties induce a state of hepatorenal toxicity….These substances have never before been an integral part of the human or animal diet and therefore their health consequences for those who consume them, especially over long time periods are currently unknown.”

Monsanto has immediately responded to the study, stating that the research is “based on faulty analytical methods and reasoning and do not call into question the safety findings for these products.”

edit on 26-12-2011 by smallpeeps because: hmm

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Topical here:

Humans being used as test subjects, by scientist tards who get very very rich.

Hmmm...

In order to make a "New World Omelet", you have to break a billion eggs? Something like that?

www.blacklistednews.com...

Monsanto GMO Seeds Use to Further Expand Within US
December 31, 2011
Source: Natural Society

While genetically modified foods are continually being banned in other countries, the US is slow to follow the very necessary trend. The USDA has chosen to step back and give Monsanto even more power over GMO seeds, and now some states are taking similar action. A bill which could be passedin Lansing, Michigan could make Michigan the 15th state to allow for the expansion of GMO seed use, causing Michigan farms to be plagued with disease-riddled, genetically modified crops.

Calling for the Expansion of GMO Seeds

In order to pave way for the expansion of GMO seeds in Michigan, a slight modification must be made to Sen. Bill 777, which has been in the Senate Agriculture, Forestry and Tourism Committee since Septrember 2005. The change seeks to prevent anti-GMO laws, giving biotech corporations even more room to wreak havoc on the environment and humankind alike. The new bill seeks to remove the following:

“Any authority local governments may have to adopt and enforce ordinances that prohibit or regulate the labeling, sale, storage, transportation, distribution, use, or planting of agricultural, vegetable, flower or forest tree seeds.

It is interesting to see how some areas encourage the expansion of GMO crops while others, such as Colorado’s Boulder County, recognize the dangers and choose to heed the warnings. Jeff Cobb, legislative aid to GOP Sen. Gerald Van Woekom, the sponsor of the legislation, says that his boss feels local governments don’t have the scientific capacity to determine the safety of GM seeds. The Food and Drug Administration, Environmental Protection Agency, and the United States Department of Agriculture are the three government entities which have the power to regulate GMO seeds, and Cobb, along with others, feels that local government should not play a role

The USDA and FDA are Failing to ‘Protect the People’

[...]

Notice that Monsanto is reportedly now majority-owned by Sinochem, which is a Chinese GloboCorp --which only recently took on corporate=personage forms.

Also please note that the info below is from a media outlet that would just as soon NOT REPORT these things, unless you pay their stupid fee and accept their stupid cookie --GOD DAMN these hellish media tards and their click schemes to make Clickles(tm) off of restricting the flow of information.

Those who restrict truth, must be controlled themselves so that they can never restrict any information anywhere. Yes, probably all the world's commerce and marketplaces will be overturned in order to root out these bad seeds, but it seems there is no other way.

Again: Try to keep the destruction of humans quiet, and you are the enemy of humans. It's as simple as that. If you strive to "keep it quiet", then you are an enemy of humanity.

online.wsj.com...

BUSINESS
JULY 11, 2011

Monsanto, Sinochem in Deal Talks: Crop-Technology Company Negotiates With Sinochem Over Use of Farm Products

By DENNIS K. BERMAN, GINA CHON and SCOTT KILMAN

Chemicals conglomerate Sinochem Corp. is in advanced discussions with Monsanto Co. to deepen their ties significantly, people familiar with the discussions said, an important sign of China's growing appetite for U.S. crops and biotechnology.

China needs to produce more basic staples. Above, a wheat farmer.

The two companies have been in talks for months, the people said. It was unclear what form an agreement might take, though arrangements could include a large joint venture, the sale of a minority stake or Sinochem assuming a larger role marketing Monsanto products in China.

Discussions have been difficult, the people said, because of economic and political sensitivities of moving the companies closer together. "You have to be very cautious and careful in these situations," one of the people familiar with the matter said. "It's all very sensitive."

A Sinochem spokesman said he wasn't aware of a deal involving Monsanto and declined further comment. Monsanto also declined to comment.

With a market value of $40 billion, Monsanto dominates crop biotechnology, a 15-year-old market the St. Louis company essentially created.

Monsanto has at least one of its patented genes in about 90% of all the soybeans grown in the U.S. and in about 80% of U.S. corn.

[...]

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join