It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Justice Dept. policy requires firearm sales to be reported in the SW border states

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

New Justice Dept. policy requires firearm sales to be reported in the SW border states

dailycaller.com

In an effort to stem the illicit flow of weapons into Mexico, the Justice Department announced Monday that all gun shops in four Southwest border states will be required to alert the federal government to frequent buyers of high-powered rifles.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com
www. newser.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
ATF beginning to confiscate ammunition?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Ok - ATS search is hard to sift through on this topic...so sorry if someone else has posted this.

I was amazed that I didn't see anything about this story yet considering one of the links below was pulled from a well known main stream media outlet (MSNBC).

Anyway - without further ado:

I guess we should have known this was coming.

Actually, a lot of people have been expecting this ever since the ATF got busted running guns to the Mexican cartels (at least that's my opinion - see Operation Fast and Furious to make up your own mind)...Just been waiting for them to start making the moves to clamp down on gun rights

Why the hell else would you go through all the trouble of setting up the whole gun running thing?

As far as I could tell this policy is effective immediately:
The Justice department will require federal firearms licensees in Texas, California, Arizona and New Mexico to report purchases of two or more same caliber rifles by the same person within a five-day span (applies to any semi-automatic rifles that have detachable magazines and a caliber of greater than .22)

Add in the fact that the ATF is in the process of clamping down on ammo:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ok...so big effin deal right?
Who wants more than one gun anyway?
Why not just wait to buy more than one rifle - it's only 5 days right?

Here's why it matters...

This is a test - let's see if anyone reacts before we tighten the vise a little more.

This simple policy change will now require gun shops to create a new system and list to track all rifle purchases (unlike the current process that collects and submits information only for a background search and doesn't actually confirm that you finalized the purchase of a weapon)

And not just any list - this list would very arguably fall under the jurisdiction of the ATF and I would be shocked they were not allowed "at will" access to this comprehensive new database.

I guess that means we can add this one to the "master list" conspiracies like the one about the NRA member list.

Smart money says they have plans to push the envelope a lot farther - I just wonder how long it will be before they grow the balls to just tell us we can't have anything larger than a .22...or maybe even nothing?

Feel free to post any other links to stories that have more information about this policy change.

Thanks

dailycaller.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
There was a similar post. The thing I don't get is why are Texan gun buyers put on a different playing field than those of other states?

Kinda ironic that US wants to pass laws so the guns don't get in the hands of the cartels. They would have quicker success if they got rid of ATF.

On top of that, why is US worried about guns when they are busy arming the world with weapons far worse?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Honestly, I think they're scared of Texan gun owners...they like their guns...and their privacy...oh...and lots and lots of ammo.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I think they are letting the US border on mexico stay open so that gun violence happens and they have an excuse to try to take away the second amendment. It is kind of a slow false flag operation.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

It looks that way...this is probably just the beginning...

edit on 11-7-2011 by coldkidc because: because I felt like it

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Ah, the whole thing added up into perfect sense. As predicted by many! Give the cartels the guns, don't take the blame or say "We like didn't know or like something" then pass more laws!

new topics

top topics

join