It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Order To Shutdown Millions Of Christian Websites Shocks World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
i just stumbled upon this, this seems like a blatant attack. the government is clearly spear heading religion. whats scary is these kinds of things are predicted in the bible. im eager to hear everybodys opinions regarding this matter. religious or not, it is pretty intense.

A shocking report authored by the office of Russia’s top religious leader Patriarch Kirill I states that this past week the United States ordered over 10 million Christian websites destroyed that they claimed were a “threat” to their National Security and that the American Internet giant Google quickly responded by making them all disappear. According to this report, Google first came under assault from the US government in June when the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) announced that they had launched an investigation into the company, a move defended against by top Google executive Amit Singhal who aside from claiming the attacks against them were baseless said, At Google, we’ve always focused on putting the user first.”

After weeks of unrelenting pressure upon them, however, this past week Google, which had refused to answer the baseless charges against them, caved to the US government and announced that their Chairman, Eric Schmidt, who had previously said the charges against them were nonsense, agreed to testify before a US Senate Committee under threat of subpoena.

www.pakalertpress.com...
edit on 11-7-2011 by Cobra.EXE because: link addition

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

Originally posted by Springer
I will happily "declare" that ALL threads using Sorcha Faal as a source, directly or indirectly, will be put in the dread ATS [HOAX] Forum as soon as they are discovered by staff or reported by the Membership.

We do NOT want to support such garbage with any publicity on the Big ATS at all.

Springer...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7/11/2011 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

What websites were shut down, exactly? Any word on this? And is there a source that doesn't go off into a foaming rant about scary Muslims rather than sticking to the damned point? Thanks ahead of time.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

sorcha faal hoax.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
i dont buy it. there is no mention of this on any major media site not one mention and i am right now scanning through all govt sites and as of now no mention of it.... i call BS

link   
10 million huh? That is a pretty absurd number of websites. That is a lot of websites dedicated to Christianity.

link   
The sites are still up; it isn't millions anyway.

All Google has done is denoted those thousands of sites as virus-packed and dangerous. The US govt has crap-all to do with it.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Wonder how long it will be before people will start saying this proves Obama is a secret Muslim. He's paving the way for them to take over.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
wait a minute how do we know its a hoax????
edit on 11-7-2011 by Cobra.EXE because: spelling error

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Any idea of the original source for this article? I Google'd the headline and all I'm finding is the exact same article hosted on a number of shady websites. I can't trust this until I find a credible source for it.

link   

Originally posted by etombo
10 million huh? That is a pretty absurd number of websites. That is a lot of websites dedicated to Christianity.

there are only 130,973,015 domains across the .COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO, .BIZ, and .US top level domains total!

www.whois.sc...

link   
Here is confirmation that the entire .cc and .co sub domains were shut down
from google's own support website.

www.google.com...

I'd recommend taking a look at Matt Cutts' comment at plus.google.com...

As he mentions there, "if we see a very large fraction of sites on a specific freehost be spammy or low-quality, we do reserve the right to take action on the freehost as a whole."

As to wheather the pivotal paragraph of the article is accurate is another question

In this Patriarch Kirill I report as to the “true reason” for the US ordered government shutdown of millions of Christian websites [color=gold] in Islamic Nations it states is the “fundamental shift” undertaken by the Obama regime to support radical Muslim elements instead of the once secular Arab leaders it once did.

So it's blogs in China, and Christian web sites in Islam.
I guess. Google keeps getting forced into these things maybe.
I mean obviously they didn't choose to run things this way at first.

David Grouchy
edit on 11-7-2011 by davidgrouchy because: spelling

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Bush sent out many letters to shut down web sites that were "gripe web sites"....for "National Security".

Do a Freedom of Information request to find out how many websites the Office of the President has shut down in the last 10 years using that 'authority'.

It's quite a few.

link   

rt.com... here is a link to the article about google... the OP article is a major twisting of what is the truth int his matter. Christians are not a target read the link

link   

Well, if Scorcha Faal is involved, then there's your assurance that this is a hoax. It's one of those truisms y'know?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
thing is i had no idea who this scorcha faal person is??? does somebody have a site that references his hoaxes??? if that article were fake it seems like it was pretty well typed up!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE
thing is i had no idea who this scorcha faal person is??? does somebody have a site that references his hoaxes??? if that article were fake it seems like it was pretty well typed up!

I never heard of this alias until just now, either. I guess just read this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Over 11 million websites have been blacklisted and banned by Google. A massive block of websites registered for free through the co.cc subdomain have been silenced after the Internet giants have determined many of them to be unfit for the Web. Google’s Matt Cutts writes on his Google Plus account that the company has the right to pull the plug on sites if they “see a very large fraction of sites on a specific freehost be spammy or low-quality.” 11 million sites hosted on the free-host co.cc were banned as a result, after Google decided that a large chunk of the content was malicious or otherwise below par for their Internet standards.

read more at the below link
rt.com...
Published: 07 July, 2011, 20:36 AFP

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This report does have a fair bit of spin to it being about .cc and .co sub domains, but it also has some truth to it as well with the big blanket approach to problem web sites. Kinda makes you wonder of the repercussions if even half of what Sorcha Faal reports is true.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Wow - "great" sourcing, total falsehood. That said, I only wish it were true! Of course, maybe not, as Christian websites do a great job at showing why that particulat "religon" is nothing but a huge steaming pile....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join