It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think God is crazy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I don't know if its just me, but I was raised in a Christian home and I have read through the Bible and did all the VBS's, camps, and big events like Promise Keepers, and now I find myself disgusted with Christianity and more recently, the Bible in particular. This has led me to think that the being written about in the Bible is crazy. I think God is crazy.

Brief reason's I cannot seem to morally deal with the fact of a benevolent all-loving being:

-God killed everyone and every animal..... all but two of each and Noah and his family. He created the world and then pressed the restart button when no one followed his arbitrary rules.

-He created a situation in which man sinned. Why did he create the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil if he intended no one to eat from it? What's more.... why did he create this rule knowing full well it would be broken? It doesn't make sense that a loving God would set such boundaries while giving the "because I said so" excuse. It sounds like the "Because I want to f*** with you".

- Job. The book of Job is crazy nuts. In order to prove to Satan that Job loves him, he allows terrible things to happen to Job and his family. Seems petty.

- Incest..... so much incest. The Bible is riddled with it.

- Apparently, it is righteous to offer the rape of innocent women in favor of men. Sodom and Gomorrah.... Lot offers the angry mob his virgin daughters rather than the men who happen to be angels. If I was one of those angels, I would have b****slapped Lot right there.

- Genocide seems to be all the rage. The Hebrews are sent by God to exterminate all kinds of people. 1 Samuel 27.

- Infanticide in Eqypt. The fact that eyebrows rarely get raised on this one is astounding. The innocent first born are killed when Pharaoh didn't let the Hebrew's free. Couldn't God have avoided this by simply freeing the Hebrew's with a nod of the head.

- I recall a bunch of kids getting killed by bears..... I might be wrong though.

- Moses basically systematically kills all the men and nonvirgin women of a tribe of people and the virgins are spared to be raped by his army. I'm looking this one up. It is seriously mess up. Numbers 31.1-18

1And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites: afterward shalt thou be gathered unto thy people. 3And Moses spake unto the people, saying, Arm some of yourselves unto the war, and let them go against the Midianites, and avenge the LORD of Midian. 4Of every tribe a thousand, throughout all the tribes of Israel, shall ye send to the war. 5So there were delivered out of the thousands of Israel, a thousand of every tribe, twelve thousand armed for war. 6And Moses sent them to the war, a thousand of every tribe, them and Phinehas the son of Eleazar the priest, to the war, with the holy instruments, and the trumpets to blow in his hand. 7And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males. 8And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword. 9And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods. 10And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire. 11And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts. 12And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho. 13And Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and all the princes of the congregation, went forth to meet them without the camp. 14And Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, which came from the battle. 15And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? 16Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. 17Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Wow....

There are more examples of how messed up God is, I am sure I will find time to continue and I am sure more people will add to these.

I find myself morally disgusted with the Biblical God. If he was a person, I am sure he would be in prison or orchestrating a genocidal final solution of some sort.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

you do not know how much i agree with you. I personally say God is a complete ass though, not crazy, but i nderstand exacting what you mean

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I always thought "God" was a metaphor for government.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by locololo

The first title of this thread was "God is an a**hole" but I didn't want everyone to instantly hate my guts.

@BirdOfillOmen

If you check out my other threads, you can see that I have similar disgust with government. BTW.... sup fellow Buckeye.
edit on 11-7-2011 by DINSTAAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

God thinks that you are all daft arses, but he told me I'm a stud. He's right, i am.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yea, the concept contradicts its self in every way.

Plus the Bible was wrote by man.

Plus the chances are God dont exist.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The Gods Must Be Crazy!

Part 2 not as good.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

dang, beat me to it by 2 minutes !

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

dang, beat me to it by 2 minutes !

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

True that!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
IF there is a God he had nothing to do with the Bible or effecting any aspect of our lives here on Earth (points to the sky and thanks God for my Touchdown, my Academy Award, etc.).

The Bible is more about astronomical events that were written in "story" form to make it eaiser to remember and pass down through the generations. In ancient times it was all about planting crops to feed the people and so they made great pyramids, and stone structures as unmovable calendars to help track the progression of the stars in relation to the Earth to further track the seasons and know when to plant and harvest.

That's what I think anyway.

God gave us free will so why would he interfere in our lives, good or bad. How could he judge us if he helped us while we were here? IF there is a God he had nothing to do with the Bible or effecting any aspect of our lives here on Earth.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

God isn't crazy because god doesn't exist. Saying "god is crazy" is a lot like saying "Dragons are vegetables." True, false, doesn't matter since the subject is nonexistent.

The people who believe in it, who are hte ones who wrote this stuff, who think the traditions of a tribe of desert bandits is applicable in a civilized world four thousand years later... these are the folks who could use some added lithium in their diet.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Why God Never Received Tenure at Hebrew University
1. Because he had only one major publication.
2. And it was in Hebrew.
3. And it had no references.
4. And it wasn’t published in a refereed journal.
5. And some even doubt he wrote it!
6. It may be true that he created the world, but what has he done since?
7. His cooperative efforts have been quite limited.
8. The scientific community has had a very rough time trying to repeat his results.
9. If he were true to his beliefs he would have applied to Bar-Ilan University.
10. His teaching ability is in question because he refuses to meet with students face-to-face.
11. The overseas referees to whom the promotion committee wrote had never heard of him.

www.bib-arch.org...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What you think of as "God" is not God at all. It is the Demiurge. It thinks it is god. It is insane. Just read the bible and you can see all the insanity, as you mapped out in the OP. Starts from the very beginning. He made the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, and told them they would "surely die" if they ate from it. So, the FIRST thing this "god" did was LIE. LIE LIE LIE. They ate it and did not die.

Think about it. What kind of "god" would do such a thing?

It is not god. It is insane, and thinks its god.

This is HELL.

You are punished with being reincarnated here in hell until you figure it out.

Search for Gnostic. See what you can come up with. Not saying it's right, but it makes a lot more sense.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I completely agree with you. Im surprised the christian Templars haven't come rushing in this thread to defend there holy book.

Question do you still believe in god or associate with any religion? Or have you gone agnostic untill further proof is provided(

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Wow....

There are more examples of how messed up God is, I am sure I will find time to continue and I am sure more people will add to these.

Man made god or the GOD almighty itself..??
There is a fine line between man made god and the GOD almighty the creator..!

Show some respect mate..!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I was gonna start a topic , but thought you might find this interesting

Israeli software aims to shed light on the Bible

We have thus been able to largely recapitulate several centuries of painstaking manual labor with our automated method," the Israeli team announced in a paper presented last week in Portland, Oregon, at the annual conference of the Association for Computational Linguistics. The team includes a computer science doctoral student, Navot Akiva, and a father-son duo: Nachum Dershowitz, a Tel Aviv University computer scientist, and his son, Idan Dershowitz, a Bible scholar at Hebrew University in Jerusalem.

The places in which the program disagreed with accepted scholarship might prove interesting leads for scholars. The first chapter of Genesis, for example, is usually thought to have been written by the "priestly" author, but the software indicated it was not.

Similarly, the book of Isaiah is largely thought to have been written by two distinct authors, with the second author taking over after Chapter 39. The software's results agreed that the book might have two authors, but suggested the second author's section actually began six chapters earlier, in Chapter 33.

Software developed by an Israeli team is giving intriguing new hints about what researchers believe to be the multiple hands that wrote the Bible.

The new software analyzes style and word choices to distinguish parts of a single text written by different authors, and when applied to the Bible its algorithm teased out distinct writerly voices in the holy book.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I was gonna start a topic , but thought you might find this interesting

Israeli software aims to shed light on the Bible

We have thus been able to largely recapitulate several centuries of painstaking manual labor with our automated method," the Israeli team announced in a paper presented last week in Portland, Oregon, at the annual conference of the Association for Computational Linguistics. The team includes a computer science doctoral student, Navot Akiva, and a father-son duo: Nachum Dershowitz, a Tel Aviv University computer scientist, and his son, Idan Dershowitz, a Bible scholar at Hebrew University in Jerusalem.

The places in which the program disagreed with accepted scholarship might prove interesting leads for scholars. The first chapter of Genesis, for example, is usually thought to have been written by the "priestly" author, but the software indicated it was not.

Similarly, the book of Isaiah is largely thought to have been written by two distinct authors, with the second author taking over after Chapter 39. The software's results agreed that the book might have two authors, but suggested the second author's section actually began six chapters earlier, in Chapter 33.

Software developed by an Israeli team is giving intriguing new hints about what researchers believe to be the multiple hands that wrote the Bible.

The new software analyzes style and word choices to distinguish parts of a single text written by different authors, and when applied to the Bible its algorithm teased out distinct writerly voices in the holy book.

www.haaretz.com...

Israeli with their damn kabala to calculate the GODS holiest name..??

Ever watched the movie called the PI..??

Damn scary..

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

edit on 11-7-2011 by amkia because: edited for link

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Ever watched the movie called the PI..??

No I haven't

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I wonder what results it would get if you ran the Twilight series through it.

probably thesame thing you get from the Bible; just like when you use that "Bible code" stuff on Moby Dick

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join