It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob of teenage girls attacks, Minneapolis mom, 4 year old

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Instead of robbery this mob attacks for revenge. What constitutes revenge for this group of animals? Well sunglasses of course.

minnesota.cbslocal.com...

Shawnee Twiet says she was in and out of consciousness when the attack happened.

As soon as I hit the ground, I just started feeling just everything coming from everywhere,” Twiet said. “I mean blows coming from the back of my head. I felt somebody grabbing the back of my hair

Twiet says she was not the original victim; her two daughters were targeted first. Twiet says the group blamed her daughters for taking a pair of sunglasses.

Twiet then called 911 and screamed for her 4-year-old daughter.

While she was on the phone, Twiet saw her 4-year-old in the distance. She also saw a group of teenagers coming toward her

Twiet’s 15-year-old suffered a swollen nose and a busted blood vessel in her eye. Her four year old has a bruise on her leg and a contusion on her head.

There are no words that I can type that show how sickening this is. No one will come forward to describe who did it, there were witnesses. As of now these dirt bags have got off scott free. Luckily the four year old was not seriously hurt. The child could have easily been killed. I dont understand what is going on with this mob mentality that appears to sweeping the globe. Something has to be done, and as of now I have no idea what that solution could be.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

thats just brutal. I bet it was in a poor area too. Why else would they fight for some sunglasses.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well it's the sign of the times, here in the UK this type of attacks by teenage girl gangs is becoming more and more common.

What sickens me more is that nobody came to here aide, how can any decent human being stand by and watch a distressed mother getting the s*** kick out off her and do nothing.

Whenever I see anything like this happening to anyone I can't help but think this could be my mum or nan or my sister and I always try to do something to help and stop it.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
geez, even 4-yr old girls are fair game now. at that point all lines have been crossed and these attackers have confirmed moral banktruptcy. we had a flash mob here a couple weeks back and nobody wanted to say anything, luckily one of the kids parents saw them on tv and had the police arrest them.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I guess that sweet saying "sugar and spice and everything nice" is fading when it comes to girls these days. I'm surprised just how vulgar and violent girls have become today. It's a clear picture on how our society is slowly reverting back to its primitive ways to solving problems. Attacking them is bad enough, but attacking a 4 year-old? That's just plain mean and unconscionable.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately this is not the first time people have stood by and watched someone brutalized. It won't be the last. Everyone only cares about themselves nowadays. These girls deserve to be behind bars. I'm sorry but community service is not going to teach them a damn thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
These people are complete monsters. They seem to be devoid of humanity and emotion. It makes you wonder what the hell made them commit such heinous act on a young mother and her child.

These scumbags are lower than dirt, even dirt has far more respect for life than these scum.

edit on 11-7-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Why cant a mob of good people step up and start pointing out who did it. If the reason no one is stepping up is out of fear of being attacked then allign yourself with people who stand for whats good and just. I still have a little faith in humanity and I think that a mob of good people will be larger than these teenage monsters mob.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
Why cant a mob of good people step up and start pointing out who did it. If the reason no one is stepping up is out of fear of being attacked then allign yourself with people who stand for whats good and just. I still have a little faith in humanity and I think that a mob of good people will be larger than these teenage monsters mob.

because for one, people are raised to believe they are the only thing important and to never get involved. and in the poorer communities doing such a thing will get you marked as a snitch, narc, and a hater. gotta keep that street cred on point!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
what parents and children are. Children copy their parents around. including in behavior. this laxity and poor parenting. Here you and aggressive. little attention and care paid.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lenya007

I think you left out some key words there.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

Originally posted by lcbjr1979

because for one, people are raised to believe they are the only thing important and to never get involved. and in the poorer communities doing such a thing will get you marked as a snitch, narc, and a hater. gotta keep that street cred on point!

You also need to remember that the criminals are better protected by the laws than are the victims. If that wasn't the case, there would be vigilante justice ftw!
edit on 11-7-2011 by TXRabbit because: psellign

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Nothing new with people ganging up on people in this manner. I am in my 30s now but when I was in elementary school all the way up to high school groups of black kids would pick on me because I was white and lanky. Sometimes it was like playing punch a mole because it would be me vs 10 other people at times. I have even won a few of these unbalanced fights but would be beaten up badly regardless. Every time I hear about these flash mobs it brings me back to my childhood days remembering all those mobs of black kids that picked on me.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well it isn't everybody. I can think of countless attacks either myself or one of my friends have intervened in. It's obviously a bad sign that these attacks are even happening but not everyone just ignores it.

I was on a late night burrito run one evening when I saw a man and woman in the front of a mini-van in the parking lot. The man was in the driver's seat and the woman in the passenger seat and she was holding an infant. I could hear them yelling at each other. Then the man leaned over and starting throwing wild punches repeatedly at the woman and the infant.

I ran over and reached in the open window and grabbed the guy around his neck. I pulled him out through the open window and told him to calm down or I'd break his neck. He put his hands up and said ok. I sat there and waited until a family member picked up the woman and child.

So anyway, not everyone is so apathetic.

The incident in the article is still very disheartening.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
edit on 11-7-2011 by Redwookieaz because: Spelling/Grammar

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

I would be all for vigilante justice in this case, and I do know that by doing so would make me no better than the original attackers, but attacking a mother and her 4 year old child is unexcusable and justice needs to be carried out whether by law enforcement or by the people. I am a bit biased because I have a 4 year old and if this happened to her I would be out for blood. I dont care if this post costs me some flags because in the end I am a parent first and the safety of my child is second to nothing. I live in northern MN and if by some chance this mob thing makes its way up here you can rest assured that I will be doing everything possible to protect my family.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DBCooper71

It's not a sign of the times.

Contrary to popular beliefs, gangs and gang attacks have existed longer than that past hundred years.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedwookieazI ran over and reached in the open window and grabbed the guy around his neck.

You sir are a real man! Star for you.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by DBCooper71

It's not a sign of the times.

Contrary to popular beliefs, gangs and gang attacks have existed longer than that past hundred years.

Well I would say gangs have been around a lot longer than the past hundred years.
And girl gang are nothing new www.dailymail.co.uk...
It just seem's like they are becoming more violent more often.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well I would not be in a park in a bad neighborhood without a bat, mace, or a knife. In Philadelphia I always had one of those items on me and if they came breakng bad with my daughter I damn sure would have used whatever I had on my persons at the time whether it be mace, a knife, or the bat. Now I have tazers too, either way they'd be looking at a world of hurt...first come first serve basis!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Thanks for that. I appreciate the kudos. It just seemed to be the right thing to do in the moment.

I just think people are being kept so afraid of everything, that they freeze in fear when they see an altercation.

We can't just sit by and let evil happen. Honestly once you recognize the fear, you can learn to control it, and then do the right thing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join