It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Leaks 90,000 Military Email Accounts in Latest #AntiSec Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Anonymous Leaks 90,000 Military Email Accounts in Latest #AntiSec Attack

gizmodo.com

Booz Allen Hamilton is a massive American consulting firm that does a substantial amount of work for the Pentagon. This means they've got a lot of military business on their servers—which Anonymous hacked. Today they've leaked it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
What Are We Capable Of - THIS IS ANONYMOUS!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think this is a pretty important hack in that many of the information hacked could be vital to finding out information that could be classified secret. I haven't read the entire article just yet but will do so now.
Could this be an attack to the military that will provoke stronger force from the military to find these groups?

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Supporting Anonymous= bad news

is this their biggest hack to date?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
LOL.
www.boozallen.com...

Booz Allen is a company that touts its cyber security solutions.
I wouldn't hire them that's for sure.

I'm interested to see what comes up in this release.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Armour For Victor

Its one thing to uncover secrets that show evidence of cover ups in Afghanistan and Iraq.

It's another to leak military accounts that could very likely used to target people in attacks. To what level were these leaked?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

It's a HUGE mistake, I can honestly imagine that after this they'll be making a list and checking it twice. I'm certainly not behind them in this, but I'm not going to lie. It will be interesting to see what happens now, this sounds like some potentially major things they're talking about leaking. I know one thing, if I'd spent any respectable amount of time on source code for ANYTHING and someone deleted it, I'd be pretty mad. I'd also have a backup off network too though!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
They're e-mails, whoopdy doo

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Booz Allen Hamilton just teamed up with Lunarline a few days ago. Now a huge leakk appears?
This could be a honey pot.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Bing-o

Don't download this leak.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I am still not sure what to exactly make of Anon, However this must be their largest if will soon be most publicized Hack to date since they have hacked into a very well connected consulting agency which prides itself on helping governments across the globe.

Their correspondences could include exchanges with Booz Allen's highly brassy staff of retired defense folk: current execs include three former Directors of National Intelligence and one former head of the CIA

What We Do Helping government leaders take on complex issues Government clients have trusted Booz Allen’s management, and technology consulting services for 70 years. Our insight, deep domain knowledge and market-leading capabilities help our clients be ready for what’s next.

www.boozallen.com...

Lets see how much business they get if this quote from Anon goes to the MSM

We'll have to wait a bit to see the extent to which Anonymous has compromised some delicate defense mysteries, if any. At any rate, it's a big chunk of egg in the face of a company tasked with doing the Pentagon's work for it in the interest of our safety. A company whose servers had, in Anon's words, "basically...no security measures in place."

Ohh yea and their Stock is down 3.5% which surprisingly is not bad at all in comparison to the magnitude of the story

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Im ok with the ultimate goal is for anon although I know some hacks should not have been done, this may very well be one of them. If this hacks does include service men information then it will be deemed wrong. I hope they don't forget what they stand for.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
twitter.com...#!/JosephKBlack

Joe Black ✔ Genuine
@JosephKBlack Omaha, NE
Director of Operations at US PRIVATE SECTOR CYBER COMMAND. We fight via land, sea, air, space, and now Cyberspace. b076aca400090a4b3849811861495adf
www.blackbergsecurity.us...

JosephKBlackJoe Black ✔ Genuine
@anthonymfreed The behavior of your employees online tell us otherwise. I repeat t.co... is a closet supporter of #Anonymous
7 minutes ago

Black & Berg who have implemented Booz Allen's Megacommunity concept have officially declared Cyberwar against #AntiSec #Anonymous 11JUL11
11 minutes ago

CadillacJimJames Collins, Jr
by JosephKBlack
@JosephKBlack Now it is time to go to war..........
21 minutes ago

@x7o @anonymouSabu Purely sanguinary. All Agency assets (Assassins) have been activated. Moving forward with abductions of US citizens. ~Joe
27 minutes ago

What do you think my friends? Can Black&Berg Security officially declare Cyberwar against #Anonymous now? I have an itchy trigger finger.
39 minutes ago

@anonymouSabu Owning members of the IC will get you a red laser dot on your nuts and a female assassin in your bed. Sleep tight. ~Joe Black
44 minutes ago

Military Meltdown Monday and #Anonymous have targeted Black & Berg's friends BoozAllenHamilton and released 90,000 military emails/passwords
50 minutes ago

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
They're proving a point.

10 men cannot take down a corporate giant.

But they can when those corporate giants start losing money.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Oh cool...just another reason for the Government to use the internet kill switch. Awesome.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
How about everyone stop whinging about the Internet Kill Switch.

Look what happened in Egypt. They shutdown the Internet. The people revolted.

We need the same. Let them kill the internet.

One guess as to what happens when it does, and if nothing happens. Then the citizens truly are completely under their control.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsek

If they use that kill switch then thats when the people should fight back. Maybe thats what Anon wants. Maybe they want the government to shut down the internet so that people will start to stand up against the government. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

/******************************************************************************* *** BONUS ROUND: BOOZ ALLEN HAMILTON KEY FACTS *** *******************************************************************************/ For the Lazy we have assembled some facts about Booz Allen. First let's take a quick look of who these guys are. Some key personnel: * John Michael "Mike" McConnell, Executive Vice President of Booz Allen and former Director of the National Security Agency (NSA) and former Director of National Intelligence. * James R. Clapper, Jr., current Director of National Intelligence, former Director of Defense Intelligence. * Robert James Woolsey Jr, former Director of National Intelligence and head of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). * Melissa Hathaway, Current Acting Senior Director for Cyberspace for the National Security and Homeland Security Councils Now let's check out what these guys have been doing: * Questionable involvement in the U.S. government's SWIFT surveillance program; acting as auditors of a government program, when that contractor is heavily involved with those same agencies on other contracts. Beyond that, the implication was also made that Booz Allen may be complicit in a program (electronic surveillance of SWIFT) that may be deemed illegal by the EC.

This information is in the pirate bay website when you go to download the file. I am not going to download the file but the information is in regards to some information on Booz Allen.

thepiratebay.org...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Do you really want to have to deal with the shutdown of the internet and revolting of the government though? I think we need to do everything in our power to avoid that. And if worse comes to worse we do revolt. But for now dont poke the wolf with a stick.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I dont understand why people feel this is ok, yet get pissed when news organizations hack personal accounts of dead people or scream at the top of their lungs about Government interference in personal liberties.

A person does not give those rights up when they beocme meployed for a government agency.

Hypocrisy is one term that leaps to mind.....

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsek

Do you really want to have to deal with the shutdown of the internet and revolting of the government though? I think we need to do everything in our power to avoid that. And if worse comes to worse we do revolt. But for now dont poke the wolf with a stick.

The worst is happening. You're being robbed. The american dollar is crashing. The military cannot afford to do what its doing, and they're doing it anyway. Jobs gone. Poverty up, Poor up, middle class destroyed. Police brutality, TSA.

the signs are there, They want to awaken people to the injustices that are being commited. A lot of people turn a blind eye to it. Anon does not refer to people, the hacktivist group, it refers to the movement in itself, which is a combination of it all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join